http://www.apparelpizzazz.com/MU-0001%20Musical%20Notes%20on%20Black.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 12:50 pm
Shouldn't you be in church? Twisted Evil Very Happy
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 02:08 pm
How insignificant are we? Do we spin our wheels chasing after some imaginary goal only to someday cease to exist and only impact the world in a mediocre way? What is greatness if there is no all powerful being here to measure greatness? Why does beauty exist if there is not an eye to behold it? Yet we seem so distantly separated from God. In the hustle and bustle everyone got off at the stop and God was left alone on the train as it moved on. People are alone because they leave God alone?

While Eve was being tempted by the devil, where was Adam, with God?
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 02:19 pm
God did not create mankind, mankind created God. What, to you, is the difference between Christianity and Buddhism or Sikh? They all had at one stage living "proof" of the religion.

There is no meaning of life, so don't try to create one.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 02:52 pm
aperson wrote:
God did not create mankind, mankind created God. What, to you, is the difference between Christianity and Buddhism or Sikh? They all had at one stage living "proof" of the religion.

Now, let me get this... God cannot create the heavens and the earth but humans can create God? I think you are just trying to change the meaning of life to suit your own godless "religion".

The "difference" is truth over error...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 04:29 pm
Rex, Describe for us what your god looks like? Does he have a penis?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:04 pm
He apparantly does have a weiner -- it's available at Nathan's on Coney Island, home of the heavenly hotdog.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:30 pm
RexRed wrote:
aperson wrote:

Now, let me get this... God cannot create the heavens and the earth but humans can create God? I think you are just trying to change the meaning of life to suit your own godless "religion".

The "difference" is truth over error...

What I ment was God only exists in our heads. S/he does not exist. We created s/he.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:33 pm
It's twooth over error -- ooops, what a typo!
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:44 pm
Oh, and Lightwizard, thanks for the message, and I totally agree with you, but don't forget about time zones. I don't know where he lives, but although most of us live in America, but there are some (me included) who come from other parts of the world.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:51 pm
Rex, Did you see my q?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:51 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rex, Describe for us what your god looks like? Does he have a penis?

God is spirit and spirit has no beauty or form.

God is neither male nor female... God created duality... "love" is equally shared among the sexes.

I heard it once said that the reason why God dominantly appeared as a figurative male in the Bible was because men needed more help than woman... Men are more arrogant and self serving where woman are often by nature submissive. (thus Eve with the apple)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:01 pm
Maine -- and if he did go to church, I hope it was one equipt with a lightening rod.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:02 pm
Since god is "spirit," please define what it is and what it is not.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:14 pm
I'm planning on knocking off a bottle of Pinor Noir with my newphew tonight and I definetely will feel the spirits!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:14 pm
(Castle Rock Monterey, 2004, now sold out!)
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 09:52 pm
aperson wrote:
real life wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
God has also been equated to Edison -- apparantly he/she/it is a trial-and-error research and development engineer. What's his biggest mistake, considering what life form has done the most damage on Earth, to flora and fauna and to themselves? Evolution has the answer, religion has failed miserably in providing the answer other than some whistling-in-the-dark wishful thinking. God is creative in the way the Ash Can school of art was creative -- putting crap together to make more crap. Really requires a great deal of talent.

You seem a bit conflicted, Lightwiz.

If evolution is responsible for life as we now see it (including the absence of the many species that are now extinct), then it is evolution that has failed you miserably.

And evolution has caused the most damage to flora and fauna, since it is (in your view) evolution that produced mankind.

Everything man is, results from evolution, right?

So anything man does in an attempt to survive is part of evolution, right?

If other species can't stand up to man, then too tough. It's survival of the fittest, right?

How can you blame God for something you claim to believe that evolution has caused?

Evolution is responsible for damage to flora and fauna, and the birth of mankind, but (in you view) God is responsible for everything, and so he is responsible for evolution.

I have never said that God is responsible for everything.

Perhaps you were thinking of someone else.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 09:55 pm
rl, If god is not responsible for everything that he created, what is he responsible for?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 09:59 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
rl, If god is not responsible for everything that he created, what is he responsible for?

He is not responsible for your actions, CI.

You are.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 10:00 pm
We don't need no god to know that!
0 Replies