Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:23 am
farmerman wrote:
Xingu, thanks for the blocker. I just had a new operating system put into my computer and they didnt set up certain things.

If it's XP, they obviously did not have it configured. The Google is great but don't activate the XP. It will slow down your Internet pages.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:47 am
Since over 95% if all species that have once existed on Earth are now extinct as failed life forms, the "intelligent designer" is not doing a very good job. If a designer were employed by a company and their designs are 95% unsuccessful, he or she would be pounding the pavement looking for a new job. Gee, maybe the "intelligent designer" is out there pounding the cosmic pavement? However, he (or she, or he/she if it's a transvestite) hasn't officially been fired, except for some of us who have had enough sense that he is doing a terrible job.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:48 am
That invisible intelligent designer can't be too intelligent at 5 percent success rate.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:50 am
Maybe it's senility. He's been around forever, you know.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:53 am
BTW, it's amazing to realize that so many christians don't mind their god to be such a kluts.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:53 am
I never thought of that -- Alzheimer's. Maybe if stem cell research were allowed to go forward unimpared, we could fix him/her? Since GWB can't seem to fix anything except gas prices for his oil buddies, we can't rely on anything he comes forth with.

That's klutz with a Z.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:57 am
Klutz with a "z." I'll have to remember that! *(if I ever have a need to use it again.) Wink
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:00 am
Laughing I wasn't intimating you were a klutz.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:02 am
LW, I knew that; I think. LOL
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:19 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Since over 95% if all species that have once existed on Earth are now extinct as failed life forms, the "intelligent designer" is not doing a very good job. If a designer were employed by a company and their designs are 95% unsuccessful, he or she would be pounding the pavement looking for a new job...........

Like Edison. Poor designer, eh? Over 1000 unsuccessful tries at the light bulb, Lightwiz.

Would you have fired him? Sounds like you would have. Way to go.

-----------------------------------------

BTW, did you ever consider the fact that if everything survived (initially), almost nothing would survive ultimately?

If all animals and plants were successful at avoiding being eaten, then nearly everything would die, unless it could eat dirt.

So again, if you had your druthers look what would happen.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:37 am
So you do equate the designer with the fallability of human kind. That squarely puts the kabosh on the all-seeing, all knowing superbeing concept. Edison was a God and allowed himself the same mistakes -- what a unique observation.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:38 am
real life wrote:
Like Edison. Poor designer, eh? Over 1000 unsuccessful tries at the light bulb, Lightwiz.

Actually, he didn't really invent the light bulb. He only developed on it. Which goes to show you that even something like the light bulb evolved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incandescent_light_bulb
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:39 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
real life wrote:

Actually, he didn't really invent the light bulb. He only developed on it. Which goes to show you that even something like the light bulb evolved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incandescent_light_bulb

Right, Edison didn't "design" anything. He was an inventor with enough time and money to experiment.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:45 am
real life wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
Since over 95% if all species that have once existed on Earth are now extinct as failed life forms, the "intelligent designer" is not doing a very good job. If a designer were employed by a company and their designs are 95% unsuccessful, he or she would be pounding the pavement looking for a new job...........

Would you have fired him? Sounds like you would have. Way to go.

-----------------------------------------

BTW, did you ever consider the fact that if everything survived (initially), almost nothing would survive ultimately?

If all animals and plants were successful at avoiding being eaten, then nearly everything would die, unless it could eat dirt.

So again, if you had your druthers look what would happen.

Good description of evolution, with no designer necessary.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 12:33 pm
How many Darwinists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:37 pm
You're nuts Chum. If only you were female as well.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:41 pm
Geez, look who's calling someone nuts.
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 12:41 am
yeah, I know everyone is glad to see me again. I just had to reply to earlier comments about God's sienility. I thought making fun of theism was funny. In fact, i had a siezure. Just got back from the hospital. Wait! Sorry, had another Siezure. Had to go back. I think I'm good now.

Excuse me, while I go lay down a burnt offering before my statue of George W. Bush--the great and mighty wizard of OZUSA. Okay, I'm done. Don't worry, folks, because of my burnt sarifice of greenbacks George promised we wouldn't experience any homeland terrorist attacks for at least the next 6 months.

Crap, another siezure.

Please continue,

The............
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 01:10 am
http://www.physorg.com/news9538.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 01:29 am
http://www.upenn.edu/pennnews/article.php?id=956
0 Replies