cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 01:50 pm
And me as the "world resident."
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 02:06 pm
Well Chum-as resident oblique lyricist I might have to sit that one out. It's okay but for the Jesus bit. You might get fights breaking out for one thing.
And don't you think Jesus suffered enough, and the memory, blessed as it is, has lasted rather a long time for some jumped up sparky to be twisting the knife into it.

But from an intellectual viewpoint the target is too easy. It's a cheap laugh really. I'm not sure it would lend itself to some fancing dancing round the microphone;the centre of gravity around which a performer orbits.

How about Darling instead of Jesus. Make it a love song. There's not many changes required and none of them present any difficulty to an oblique lyricist.

For a group name-say-Blowin' In. Or Blowin' Out. Or just BLOW!!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 02:10 pm
And I'm not sharing a dressing room with Setanta.

He's a big sod and I don't like the way he chews that wasp.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 02:21 pm
xingu wrote:
farmerman wrote:
That snopes site was so filled with pop-up ads that it almost locked me up. DONT DO THAT REX. PLEASE TRY TO SEND UNADORNED LINKS.

You need a pop-up blocker.

Unfortunately farmerman information is not as free anymore, sometimes you need to endure the popups to get the info...

I did noticed the popups myself and I will in the future consider finding a mirror link with less ads... (it really didn't occur to me at the time, thanks)
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 05:45 pm
You have nothing to be sorry for.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 08:02 pm
http://stewie.vsocial.com/video/e.swf?v=9d48ecd9bfea1de42eb98e859c525b97&j=true

Here is a movie on organisms found in million year old salt...

The oldest organisms known...

They are relatively the same meaning (in my opinion) that basic life does not evolve much only more complex forms change...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 08:29 pm
Yes, only in your opinion. Which is not supported by science.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 08:48 pm
farmerman

Here's the google site that gives you a popup blocker.

http://toolbar.google.com/?promo=mor-tb-en
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 08:58 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Yes, only in your opinion. Which is not supported by science.

That last movie supported my opinion and it was released by a scientist...

He said bacteria has not changed in millions of years... meaning? Exactly what I said... Why has bacteria remained so unchanged?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 09:09 pm
Sorry Rex real live bacteria change all the time. Are you suggesting life does not change? Fact is, generation over generation, all life is in constant flux.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 09:13 pm
Here rex you are demonstrating a critical misunderstanding of evolutionary theory.
Evolution does not imply everything is constantly changing. Evolution implies change based on necessity. Crocodiles too, are essential unchanged from the crocs of a million years ago. Why? Because the crocodile thrives in it's envrironment, as is.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 10:59 pm
Chumly wrote:
Sorry Rex real live bacteria change all the time. Are you suggesting life does not change? Fact is, generation over generation, all life is in constant flux.

Apparently bacteria "according to science" has not changed over millions of years...

The same bacteria was here on the earth "several" million years ago that is here today, I would call that a very slow change if not much at all...

That is like saying alligators were here a million years ago... They were, and they have not changed much in a million years either.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 11:01 pm
Isn't blind knowledge wunnerful?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 11:08 pm
How can something from within a "rock" be extracted and grow into living matter? Especially something that has existed in that rock for millions of years? Something with only water and quartz ions to live on?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 11:54 pm
Rex,
Explain the different types of reproduction and their implications.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 04:35 am
RexRed wrote:
Apparently bacteria "according to science" has not changed over millions of years...

Who says? We never used to have MRSA before. We never used to have superbugs. Influenza keeps evolving into newer and more deadlier strains. And what about SARS? That was something new.

Quote:
The same bacteria was here on the earth "several" million years ago that is here today, I would call that a very slow change if not much at all...

Change only occurs if it is needed. Bacteria in terms of survival are far superior to us humans.

Quote:
That is like saying alligators were here a million years ago... They were, and they have not changed much in a million years either.

Hang on a minute... did I miss the point?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:48 am
Xingu, thanks for the blocker. I just had a new operating system put into my computer and they didnt set up certain things.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:54 am
Quote:
That last movie supported my opinion and it was released by a scientist...

I seen it ! ! !

I seen it in a moom pick-chur . . . it's just gotta be true ! ! !
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:19 am
Doktor S wrote:
Evolution does not imply everything is constantly changing. Evolution implies change based on necessity. Crocodiles too, are essential unchanged from the crocs of a million years ago. Why? Because the crocodile thrives in it's envrironment, as is.

Actually, I'm not quite clear on why certain organisms last so long. Crocodiles, Horseshoe Crabs, Sharks, etc.

Evolution is passive, populations don't change because they want to, or need to. Change is usually small but constanst within the gene pool of a population. It's only when environmental factors cause a disparity in reproductive success that changes begin to accumulate. And more importantly, certain forms become extinct.

All of these long lived creatures must be associated with a particular environmental condition which is very stable. They are markers for classic environments.

Either that, or there must be very little diversity of genes within their population IN COMBINATION WITH stable environment.

In other words, selection is either occuring which maintains the classic gene pool for these creatures, OR they have no variability and have been VERY lucky to have been living in a stable environmental niche.

I wonder which it is. Or if it's both.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:40 am
Chumly wrote:
Rex,
Explain the different types of reproduction and their implications.

Reproduction and pollination are echos of creation...
0 Replies