Lightwizard

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:42 am
Laughing Now rl is just making me laugh. The second person on this forum this morning who has written something really funny. Scientists creating a living organism is proof of intelligent design. I suppose he won't see the irony.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:47 am
Back so soon? I thought you were going to be gone a couple of hours.

You must be traveling at the speed of light, wiz.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:52 am
How observant of you. Yes, I'm actually The Flash.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:58 am
Flash, tell me do you agree with Timber that the 2nd Law only applies to closed systems?

If so, can you name a closed system that it applies to? He seems to have ruled everything is an open system.

With your extensive library, maybe you can give us the benefit of your light reading.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:07 am
I don't really have time to educate you and help write your term paper. Google "evolution" and take your own time for your study hour. The forum server couldn't accomodate all that is written about evolution. It may take you the better part of a lifetime to actually educate yourself on evolution. Whether it will counteract the brainwashing of clerics who also haven't studied evolution is another problem.

Not my job to prove anything to you -- try educating us on Creationism or Intelligent Design utilizing your library, or would it actually be all the blogs and plethora of religious sites which also are still living in the Middle Ages and are irrationally fearful of the scientific principals of evolution.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:09 am
Here's a good site, although if you decide to take any classes at this university, try and find living quarters away from the campus -- not the best neighborhood in LA.

http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~stanford/bioanthro.html
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:15 am
Lightwizard wrote:
I don't really have time to educate you and help write your term paper. Google "evolution" and take your own time for your study hour. The forum server couldn't accomodate all that is written about evolution. It may take you the better part of a lifetime to actually educate yourself on evolution. Whether it will counteract the brainwashing of clerics who also haven't studied evolution is another problem.

Not my job to prove anything to you -- try educating us on Creationism or Intelligent Design utilizing your library, or would it actually be all the blogs and plethora of religious sites which also are still living in the Middle Ages and are irrationally fearful of the scientific principals of evolution.

Hi Flash,

Actually, I had asked what YOU think. Guess I won't make that mistake again. Laughing

Say hello to the scientific principals for me, ok?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:21 am
The principals have been out drinking Bloody Marys this morning.

Timber is also very learned in this field and we don't agree on most political subjects but in this case he is well read on the matter of open and closed systems. If you want to dispute his findings, I'd recommend you get busy on the internet and find some scientific evidence that he is wrong. You're just in here to play mental badminton and the bird has been flipped.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:33 am
Lightwizard wrote:
The principals have been out drinking Bloody Marys this morning.

Timber is also very learned in this field and we don't agree on most political subjects but in this case he is well read on the matter of open and closed systems. If you want to dispute his findings, I'd recommend you get busy on the internet and find some scientific evidence that he is wrong. You're just in here to play mental badminton and the bird has been flipped.

Well unless I read him wrong, everything is an open system. I'll be interested to hear his clarification when he shows up. He's a fun guy.

But I am always interested in a diversity of opinion. 'Me too' doesn't lend itself to much of a discussion, which is why most of us are here, not just to raise a racket.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:39 am
Lightwizard, Trying to educate rl on evolution is a hopeless task. His brain is calcified with "bible-garble." It's common knowledge that once a brain accepts bible-garble, all things that are common sense and logical disappears from the brain. As proof and evidence, I present to you real life.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:50 am
Hi CI,

I responded to your post about Miller. Have you got anything 'on topic' to say?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:54 am
real life wrote:
Well unless I read him wrong, everything is an open system. I'll be interested to hear his clarification when he shows up. He's a fun guy.

But I am always interested in a diversity of opinion. 'Me too' doesn't lend itself to much of a discussion, which is why most of us are here, not just to raise a racket.

I do have fun with this - thanks for playing. Oh, and yes, like much else, you apparently read me wrong ... or at least you posture in such manner. I really begin to think that you, like spendi, are just having us on.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:15 am
timberlandko wrote:
real life wrote:

I do have fun with this - thanks for playing. Oh, and yes, like much else, you apparently read me wrong ... or at least you posture in such manner. I really begin to think that you, like spendi, are just having us on.

Hi Timber,

Well then maybe you can clarify for me. What WOULD be a closed system , in your view ( i.e. not subject to input of energy from the sun, etc as you described) ?

You doubt that even the universe can be considered a closed system. So then to what does the 2nd Law apply if there are no closed systems?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 11:39 am
Step away from your straw men, rl, and Try This
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:47 pm
Step up to the plate, and defend your proposition my friend. Smile
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:53 pm
One word: Equilibrium.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 03:36 am
The universe? Not that much more complicated than a pool table. Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 10:31 am
real life wrote:
Step up to the plate, and defend your proposition my friend. Smile

Who you talkin' to, and what are you talkin' about?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 10:36 am
One of the characters from "The Dryfus Affair?"
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 10:51 am
RexRed wrote:
The universe? Not that much more complicated than a pool table. Smile

Oh Brother.
0 Replies