cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:54 pm
Chumly, To people liike rl, science is only a theory equal to creationism and not observed. Why anybody bothers to explain anything to anybody with a calcified brain like rl is beyond my understanding too! A merry-go-round is more practical; it has a purpose.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:55 pm
Chumly wrote:
Hi Real Life,

How do you suppose evidence is obtained if not scientifically? By magic perhaps?

It's all a matter of the mind.......I think? lol
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:57 pm
Chumly wrote:
real life wrote:
It's very illogical for you to keep referring to evolution as if it were a branch of science.
Prove evolution is not science.

My statement was that evolution is not a branch of science.

Chumly wrote:
real life wrote:
Again, a branch of science is not the 'evidence'.
This makes no sense semantically, or logically.

Since you seem to have quite a bit of trouble getting your terms straight, we'll leave your opinion on semantics aside.

Chumly wrote:
real life wrote:

If you found a fossil, you would see evidence i.e. the condition the remains were in when found, the location, etc and you would use the principles of these various disciplines to draw conclusions as to what the critter ate, etc. The principles of these branches of science are the tools to help you understand the evidence. They are not the 'evidence' itself.
If what you say had a glimmer of logic, then DNA testing and forensic science would not be allowed as evidence in a court room.

DNA testing is not 'evidence'. The DNA itself is the evidence and you test (the test is a tool, a measuring stick if you like) it to determine it's content and properties.

Then you might draw a conclusion (based on the test, not based on what your opinion was before the test. Or the test may be inconclusive and not furnish you with the basis for a firm conclusion. i.e you may find that the data can be understood in more than one way.)
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:58 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Chumly, To people liike rl, science is only a theory equal to creationism and not observed. Why anybody bothers to explain anything to anybody with a calcified brain like rl is beyond my understanding too! A merry-go-round is more practical; it has a purpose.

What scientific evidence have you of rl's brain being calcified? lol

Your brain tells you this? What...without evidence? Your belief in his brain being calcified is incredulous.

Just teasing.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:03 pm
Chumly wrote:
Hi Real Life,

How do you suppose evidence is obtained if not scientifically? By magic perhaps?

How is evidence obtained? Well, sometimes folks just trip over it.

When they get up and dust themselves off, then they look at what they tripped over and say "looka here what I found! I wonder what it is?" Laughing

Great, er, question Chumly......
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:05 pm
Bartikus wrote:

I think you mean 'A waist is a terrible thing to mind'

Laughing
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:08 pm
real life wrote:
What is it then a twig?
real life wrote:
Since you seem to have quite a bit of trouble getting your terms straight, we'll leave your opinion on semantics aside.
Why? Don't you want to make sure I understand?
real life wrote:
DNA testing is not 'evidence'.
You will need to explain why courts introduce DNA testing as evidence. You will need to explain why sunburn is not evidence of UV rays. You will need to explain why an apple is not evidence of food.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:12 pm
Bartikus, I know you're just teasing, but to answer your question, just go back and read all the responses by rl to answers provided by "everybody else" about evolution and science.

If that isn't "calcified," I don't know what other definition would fit.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:13 pm
Chumly wrote:
You will need to explain why an apple is not evidence of food.

An apple is not just indication of food, Chum, it is clear evidence that Adam and Eve truly existed. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Chumly

Hi Real Life,
Why is evidence not evidence of evidence?
0 Replies

Bartikus

real life wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

Laughing

not when it's a size 28.....but yes....mine is.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:16 pm
timberlandko wrote:
real life wrote:

(Neither creation nor evolution has been observed, so nearly all evidence that is interpreted as supporting one or the other will be largely circumstantial.)

A half-truth at best: evolution is unambiguously observed through the fossil record

I know you're only a few years older than I am, and I certainly have not observed any fossilized creature while it was yet alive, so I am fairly sure that you have not either. Laughing

Therefore neither one of us, nor anyone you can point out, has ever observed one critter, which is now fossilized, evolve into another.

What you do is observe the fossil. That's the part you can see. Then you examine it and try to infer from the observations what you might have, how it might have lived, etc.

You didn't see (observe) it live. It's a fossil now, so that means it's really old. I hope I have made this simple enough for you to understand.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:19 pm
Bartikus wrote:
real life wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

Laughing

I haven't seen 28 since 26, bro. Smile
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:20 pm
[quote="real life]Therefore neither one of us, nor anyone you can point out, has ever observed one critter, which is now fossilized, evolve into another.[/quote]Good thinking; a dead and fossilized critter stays dead and fossilized.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:22 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Bartikus, I know you're just teasing, but to answer your question, just go back and read all the responses by rl to answers provided by "everybody else" about evolution and science.

If I agreed it would only be my shared opinion at best.

I have learned that typing one's thoughts is not the best way of communicating. Too many possibilities of misunderstanding each other.

I once had a conversation with a good friend of mine over im and it erupted into a bitter dispute that lasted over a year.

It was nothing but a misunderstanding.

We are all limited somewhat by our written use of the english language....some more than others I admit.

There are times when my use of the english language is inadequate to relay my true thoughts. I suppose that would be true of almost anyone at times.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:24 pm
real life wrote:
Therefore neither one of us, nor anyone you can point out, has ever observed one critter, which is now fossilized, evolve into another.
Good thinking; a dead and fossilized critter stays dead and fossilized.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:25 pm
Hi Real Life,
Why is evidence not evidence of evidence?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:27 pm
real life wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
real life wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

Laughing

I haven't seen 28 since 26, bro. Smile

talking on these forums ain't helping nuttin you know. lol
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:27 pm
real life wrote:
What is it then a twig?
real life wrote:
Why? Don't you want to make sure I understand?
real life wrote:
DNA testing is not 'evidence'.
You will need to explain why courts introduce DNA testing as evidence. You will need to explain why sunburn is not evidence of UV rays. You will need to explain why an apple is not evidence of food.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:29 pm
Bartikus wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

If I agreed it would only be my shared opinion at best.

I have learned that typing one's thoughts is not the best way of communicating. Too many possibilities of misunderstanding each other.

I once had a conversation with a good friend of mine over im and it erupted into a bitter dispute that lasted over a year.

It was nothing but a misunderstanding.

We are all limited somewhat by our written use of the english language....some more than others I admit.

There are times when my use of the english language is inadequate to relay my true thoughts. I suppose that would be true of almost anyone at times.

Two psychiatrists passed each other in the hallway.

"Good Morning" said the first.

The other said, "I wonder what he meant by that?"
0 Replies