cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:14 pm
real life, Show us where I said or implied I know the results BEFORE they finish the study? Get your head out of your ass, and talk some sense.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:54 pm
Darwin referred to evolution as "DESCENT WITH MODIFICATION". The fish in question altered they're characteristics to suit their changed environment, which is exactly what evolution is. Maybe someone could explain to me why I am wasting my time trying to talk sense to superstitious brain dead idiots. This is why creatioinism must be kept out of schools. So we can protect our children from these frightened freaks and their black magic rituals.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 07:08 am
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 08:02 am
real life said about Wilso
Quote:
Are you admitting then that science does not have sufficient explanations for the spontaneous generation of life from non-life?

Duuuh?, why does that surprise you?The admission of ignorance is the engine of science. However, why does that necessarily lead to a preselected answer that "some god did it'?

Why must you insist that all research be terminated? Are you afraid that we may uncover something that you wish to remain undisclosed? I notice that the Creationists and IDers have taken rather Byzantine
patterns in logic to continue exlaining away natural phenomena. Meanwhile, science gets closer to a simple accessible all encompassing understanding of natures own methods.
0 Replies

djbt

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 08:24 am
xingu wrote:

I guess it's fair to assume God created all those dinosaurs with big sharp teeth and claws for aesthetic reasons. Nothing to do with them needing to hunt or eat meat.

Though it's a little strange that, while putting forward the complex suitablity of a creature to its particular lifestyle down to the intelligence of its designer, some creationists then maintain that all creatures were created to live in the garden of eden. Doublethink, one might suggest...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 08:38 am
djbt said
Quote:
Though it's a little strange that, while putting forward the complex suitablity of a creature to its particular lifestyle down to the intelligence of its designer, some creationists then maintain that all creatures were created to live in the garden of eden.

THAT WAS SO GOOD THAT IT NEEDED REPEATING.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:04 am
I wonder what would have happened if T. rex ate the apple instead of Eve.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:39 am
mark......lifting leg...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 11:01 am
We have creationists challenging evolution, a science with observable evidence, and we're still unsure how our brains work. Why do we have people commit haenous acts like suicide bombings and the acts committed by people like Tim McVeigh? Is it a combination of nurture and environment? How exactly does our brain organize the billions of stimulations through site and sounds, then interpret them to result in the commission of crime? Did god create such a complex human brain that is impossible to analyze? Does god really have any influence on the actions of man? Show me. .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 11:02 am
We have creationists challenging evolution, a science with observable evidence, and we're still unsure how our brains work. Why do we have people commit heinous acts like suicide bombings and the acts committed by people like Tim McVeigh? Is it a combination of nurture and environment? How exactly does our brain organize the billions of stimulations through site and sounds, then interpret them to result in the commission of crime? Did god create such a complex human brain that is impossible to analyze? Does god really have any influence on the actions of man? Show me. .
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 05:39 pm
Wilso wrote:
Darwin referred to evolution as "DESCENT WITH MODIFICATION". The fish in question altered they're characteristics to suit their changed environment, which is exactly what evolution is. Maybe someone could explain to me why I am wasting my time trying to talk sense to superstitious brain dead idiots. This is why creatioinism must be kept out of schools. So we can protect our children from these frightened freaks and their black magic rituals.

Adaptation and change of a creature's characteristics is a concept almost nobody including creationists have a problem with.

A creature changing itself into a completely different creature is exactly what evolution postulates but is unable to demonstrate.

You are afraid of questions that you cannot answer, therefore you want all dissent kept out of public schools.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 05:45 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
We have creationists challenging evolution, a science with observable evidence.......

Who, specifically, has observed a creature change itself into a completely different creature?

When was this observed?

Where is the evidence of it?

Why do you think folks doubt you when you make claims like this and are unable to produce the evidence that you claim exists?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 05:55 pm
How tiresome it is that "real" life continually attempts to peddle the same horsie poop. It is a strawman to contend that a theory of evolution purports to prove that an animal changes itself into ca completely different animal. The use of the term "creature" begs the questions, as it assumes a creation and a creator.

You really should get some new material, what you have is shop-worn and phony.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:01 pm
Wilso wrote:

You have such a pleasant way of making your point. Are you a product of evolution?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:03 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Intrepid, You said the experiment proved nothing. If they are still investigating the guppies, it's not "nothing." They must be on to something to continue the study. That's what science is all about. You're jumping to conclusions that is unfounded.

No more so than you are in stating that you have proof of something when the jury was still out.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:08 pm
What "proof" are you talking about?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:12 pm
Setanta wrote:
How tiresome it is that "real" life continually attempts to peddle the same horsie poop. It is a strawman to contend that a theory of evolution purports to prove that an animal changes itself into ca completely different animal. The use of the term "creature" begs the questions, as it assumes a creation and a creator.

You really should get some new material, what you have is shop-worn and phony.

If evolution claims, for instance, that apes and man had a common ancestor then you are saying that apes and man are not a different creature from the common ancestor. Evolution claims that all creatures are evolved from an original creature. Are you saying that the science of evolultion is wrong? Why is Real Life's material phony?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:17 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
What "proof" are you talking about?

Well, when you say things like the following:
Cicerone Imposter wrote:
Quote:
Wilso, It's obvious creationists have their head someplace in a very dark place, but "up their arses" prolly explains it best. LOL

You are either just being a jerk or claiming that evolution is absolute. Which is it CI?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:19 pm
No i'm not saying that. How appropriate for the fevered mind of the religious fanatic to attempt to construct a strawman out of what i have written. Evolutionary theory posits descent with modification from common ancestors through the effects of natural selection. That does not posit that at any given point, one animal changes into a completely different animal. This is a wooly-headed bit of creationist propaganda--a talking point taken from the militant literature of the creationist assault on science. Animals descending from a common ancestor gradually diverge over long periods of time until they are, for practical purposes, different animals. At no time in the process has one animal suddenly become a completely different animal. That's why "real" life's material is phony.

I understand that subtlety is not a part of religious dogma. However, your bear leaders in the crusade against the realities of the modern world do display some subtlety, and one example of that subtlety is this tired and stupid talking point that "real" life keeps bringing up--a fish is still a fish.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:20 pm
oh dear oh dear oh dear
0 Replies