cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:30 pm
Wilso, It's obvious creationists have their head someplace in a very dark place, but "up their arses" prolly explains it best. LOL
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:33 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Wilso, It's obvious creationists have their head someplace in a very dark place, but "up their arses" prolly explains it best. LOL

I always look forward to your insightful, good natured, and thought provoking contributions to these threads.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:33 pm
ID is the 21st century mythology. If science can't explain A or B then our good conservative Christians has the answer for us. God did it.

Now that the answer has been given to us we no longer need atheistic science.

Some things never change; have the supernatural do everything we don't understand. Then stay ignorant.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:46 pm
xingu, ID is not the 21st century mythology. It's a two thousand year old mythology that contemporary people still hold as the gate to heaven. Their message is trying desperately to keep up with science.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 05:02 pm
Good paleontology site for rookies like me.

http://www.paleoportal.org/

I live atop a Cretaceous formation called the Potomac Group. All I know is I have some very dense red clay in my yard.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 07:58 pm
Wilso wrote:
The names of the men in question escapes me at this time, but one fascinating experiment done on guppies in Africa proved evolution in an 11 year experiment.

I think your fish example may be similar to one we've discussed already. Did the fish end up being something other than fish?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:07 pm
real life wrote:
Wilso wrote:
The names of the men in question escapes me at this time, but one fascinating experiment done on guppies in Africa proved evolution in an 11 year experiment.

I think your fish example may be similar to one we've discussed already. Did the fish end up being something other than fish?

Not only did they not end up as something other than fish. The "experiement" proved nothing.
Here is the information that Wilso so conveniently forgot!
This is the article about the guppy experiment
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:14 pm
Personally, i'm not surprised that Wilso does not refer to the propaganda from a website which calls itself "Answers in Genesis--Upholding the Authority of the Bible from the Very First Verse." Intrepid, is this what passes for a reputable scientific source at your house?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:51 pm
Setanta wrote:
Personally, i'm not surprised that Wilso does not refer to the propaganda from a website which calls itself "Answers in Genesis--Upholding the Authority of the Bible from the Very First Verse." Intrepid, is this what passes for a reputable scientific source at your house?
Wilso definitely needs to find a different source for his propaganda if he is starting with guppies and ending with guppies and wants to call it "evolution". Just not very convincing at all.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:54 pm
Setanta wrote:

Not my propaganda...it was Wilso's. He did not post a site for his information so I did. If he has another site from which he got his information - let him post it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:57 pm
On guppies and evolution. http://www.oceanstarinternational.com/osi/html/research.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:59 pm
Meanwhile, the remarkable evolution of the new genera of cichlids was not even discussed.
Sometimes experiments are full of hooey. This one was caught WITHIN the science not by some bunch of quote mining cReationists who dont know transposons from bus tickets.

I love the pic showing brachiosaurs living side by side with antelopes. What a bunch of doofi. Safartis got some balls after having all the "Creation Science" groups shut down all research including their searches for the ARK. Talk about a movement in crisis. Lotsa moneys been spent by these guys and whereve they gotten? They still believe in Alley Oop.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:02 pm
duplicate post; sorry. Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:02 pm
Here's a site that will give you an education on microevolution.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/IVMicroevolution.shtml
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:14 pm
Wilso wrote:
Because it can't be explained yet, then god must have done it? What a pathetic cop out. People once KNEW the earth was flat. People once KNEW that the sun revolved around the earth. But the earth ain't flat, and the sun doesn't spin around it. If science can't explain it yet, it just means science hasn't progressed far enough. Luckily there are people searching for the answers, instead of sticking their heads up their arses and hoping the questions go away.

Are you admitting then that science does not have sufficient explanations for the spontaneous generation of life from non-life?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:14 pm
Quote:
I love the pic showing brachiosaurs living side by side with antelopes.

I'm surprised they didn't show humans walking with them. Didn't Adam and Eve have to fight off T. rexs?

http://www.answersingenesis.org/museum/docs2005/0523dinosaurs.asp

Naw; God made T. rexs eat other animals but not humans. God made T. rexs love humans, not eat them.

Aren't fairy tales wonderful?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:15 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

As professed by the author....this is still a mystery and they are still gathering clues. Was this supposed to prove something?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:37 pm
The Ginril wrote:
What a bunch of doofi

Classic . . . laughed my ass right off . . . i salute your sedulous adherence to the proper plural form . . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 09:45 pm
Intrepid, You said the experiment proved nothing. If they are still investigating the guppies, it's not "nothing." They must be on to something to continue the study. That's what science is all about. You're jumping to conclusions that is unfounded.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:07 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Intrepid, You said the experiment proved nothing. If they are still investigating the guppies, it's not "nothing." They must be on to something to continue the study. That's what science is all about. You're jumping to conclusions that is unfounded.

The unfounded conclusion you are jumping to is that if an evolutionist studies something, then they will undoubtedly prove something significant to bolster evolution.

That's faith in action. CI knows the result BEFORE they finish the study.
0 Replies