xingu

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 12:41 pm
We come from the light to this place to learn. We learn here what we can't learn from where we came.

Picture God, not as our father, but our teacher.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 01:35 pm
Yes,but He can be also a Friend,a Mother...
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 04:36 pm
RexRed wrote:
I think it is more than a coincidence that the earth is so perfect to suit life...

Was the earth made for life or was life made for the earth or is the earth just an extension of life.

To say that conditions here on Earth are perfect for life ignores the basic fact that the Earth is in a state of violent and ever-changing flux. Presumably there was a time when the Earth was not perfect for life, and those inhospitable conditions will probably arise again.

There is a problem with the statement, "...the earth is so perfect to suit life." If it weren't so perfect, then we wouldn't be here to comment. Since we are (obviously) here, then of course it seems perfect. As soon as it is not perfect again, we will perish, and once again the question will be irrelevant.

Just put the DVD of Earth on super-fast-forward...

Violence as the world is being formed, hot lava everywhere. Water begins to appear. Billions of years of organisms scrambling for scarce food and resources. Asteroids hit, glaciers advance, mass extinctions occur. Then humans appear. Slow down the tape just in time to hear the word: "perfect." Speed up again. Nuclear apocalypse, glaciation, mass extinction, Earth is swallowed up by sun.

That was a lot more fun than I expected. Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 06:13 pm
fredjones wrote:
neologist wrote:
C'mon, you guys. You all know that there was no meaningful life before the first beer!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/cheers.gif

I want to be like you when I grow up, Neo. Laughing
As soon as I get there, I'll let you know what it's like.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:44 am
I think people shouldnt be anxious about their future nor the possible extinction of humanity on the Earth.
Man didnot create the planet nor,I firmly believe, he could destroy it without the acceptance of the Supreme.
People are simply afraid about their own person,and of death itself.
What is for a man who is dieing the difference if he s dead alone or with all other man?!For me there is none!

As usual hypocrisy of men is evident.

He would answer "but I am sentimentally attached to humans like me and our planet and I want them to be happy after me..."
But truely speaking he has egoistic regrets not to pursue this picnic on earth any longer!
Can anything happen on this Earth without Gods Will?
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:08 am
shiyacic aleksandar wrote:
Can anything happen on this Earth without Gods Will?

Next time I talk to him on the phone I'll ask what he has planned for us.

(I wonder how much long-distance rates are if I'm calling heaven?)
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 03:43 am
Verily man is God ignoring it, simply!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 09:30 am
fredjones, You just have to have an intermediary, a christian, who claims communication with god all the time. Wink It's free!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 09:31 am
BTW, I understand it's always a two-way conversation. Wink
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:13 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
fredjones, You just have to have an intermediary, a christian, who claims communication with god all the time. Wink It's free!
Actually, all the information you need has been written in words easily understood. That the clergy have obfuscated the truth is not the fault of God.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:22 am
xingu wrote:
We come from the light to this place to learn. We learn here what we can't learn from where we came.

Picture God, not as our father, but our teacher.
So when a child is murdered, what does the child learn from that?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:34 am
He wasn't in church praying. Oooops, churches are now being attacked too!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:38 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
He wasn't in church praying. Oooops, churches are now being attacked too!
Voltaire wrote:
If this is the best of all possible worlds, what must the others be like?"
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 03:28 pm
Depends on the age of the child. If an infant then it will come back again. If the infant was murdered the killer will experience the victims pain and learn from that.

If a child, he/she will experience a life review like all others. Many NDEr's say they see the mean things they did as children and experience the emotional pain they caused others. You think children can't be mean?

That there is one and only one life is not what NDEr's say. We have many lives here.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 04:04 pm
whats an NDEer. ?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:00 pm
Some who has had a Near Death Experience.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:55 pm
Quote:
Violence as the world is being formed, hot lava everywhere. Water begins to appear. Billions of years of organisms scrambling for scarce food and resources. Asteroids hit, glaciers advance, mass extinctions occur. Then humans appear. Slow down the tape just in time to hear the word: "perfect." Speed up again. Nuclear apocalypse, glaciation, mass extinction,

DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:57 pm
Quote:

So, there are people that still believe in this?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:16 pm
I had a near life experience onc't, but i was in the middle of a really cool video game, so i ignored it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:24 pm
farmerman wrote:
Quote:

So, there are people that still believe in this?
Welcome to the recondite world of xing Exclamation
0 Replies