cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 12:19 pm
Am I the only one that sees no avatar on anybody's posts?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 12:19 pm
You should check here CI....

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48650&highlight=
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:22 pm
Hey, I've been experiencing Avatar envy. Laughing

So many people's Avatars are bigger than 80X100 pixels. Kraven's especially is massive. How did you guys get around that? I've got some good pics I could use if it weren't for the limit. Thanks.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:26 pm
Dunno as I've noticed any oversize-avatars other than Craven's. I'll say he does act as though he owned the site once in a while, though; that may have somethin' to do with the fact he owns the site Laughing
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:33 pm
I did not know that. huh.
But there are many people with sizes greater than 80X100, and I'm wondering the how of it. I've been going insane trying to find an avatar that looks good at the tiny size, and if there's a loophole, I want to exploit it to the fullness of my ability. Laughing
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:04 am
Craven, I would really like to know how you make your avatar change from one picture to the next.

How do you do it?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 07:47 am
His avatars pull from a folder which I believe is in the root directory.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 07:55 pm
I have been having trouble changing avatars for several weeks. (Finally I'll ask..) I use Photobucket. I've spent hours trying to size down photo after photo, get them close to the required size but apparently not small enough. This one for example is sized down by photobucket to 4k, 77 x 99 pixels, fitting within the described avatar size. But when I go to submit it, and put it on my desk top for access to load to the profile avatar, it seems to jump in size and not be acceptable.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/36426_1.jpg

I plan to switch my photos to image shack, but wasn't planning to figure out how to do that today..
can anyone size it smaller for me, or tell me what I am doing wrong?

I've had this trouble with photos that I'd previously scanned and sent to another website from another computer - this photo. Had this trouble with photos I've added by disc to IPhoto. Had this trouble with photos I've tried to use from an online black and white photo site, just to see if that would work..

Sometimes I get them, like this one, apparently down to the approved pixel and k size; sometimes I get them down to something like 16k.
Frustrating...

(I don't have photoshop.)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 08:11 pm
That one oughtta work - mebbe you'll have better luck if you copy&paste the URL in the black box below into the "Upload Avatar from a URL:" box in your profile.

Code:http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9010/364261wh4.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 08:21 pm
I'll try it, that might solve everything - even from photobucket - for the ones that seem to fit the criteria. I'd forgotten, as I've always done it by Choose...

Thanks. I'll be back if it doesn't work.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 08:30 pm
Aha! Great.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 08:35 pm
Kewel - glad it worked, happy I could help. Yeah, if the image fits the dimension and filesize requirements, the "Upload from URL" method oughtta work just fine, as long as the image itself has its own URL.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 07:00 am
Hey please can you help!!!
My avatars never work!
I go through all the steps above, selecting an avatar, pressimg submit, then when i view the page the avatar doesnt appear, it has a little cross in it, and then it doesnt appear when i post a message either.
please help.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 07:02 am
does it work now???????
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 07:02 am
grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 07:04 am
Well, you're obviously doing something wrong. But I don't know what it is.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 07:13 am
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
Hey please can you help!!!
My avatars never work!
I go through all the steps above, selecting an avatar, pressimg submit, then when i view the page the avatar doesnt appear, it has a little cross in it, and then it doesnt appear when i post a message either.
please help.

Precisely what steps are you taking,`and in what order?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 02:52 pm
I go to profile, then i go to show gallery, i select an image, and then i press submit and the image doesnt appear in the little box it has a cross in it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 04:27 pm
If you want an avatar from the gallery but can't load one from there, you might try saving the chosen avatar to your machine, then uploading it via the "Upload an avatar from your machine" option - give that a shot and lemme know what happens.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 06:16 pm
Pentacle, please send a note to the Help Desk. We've seen a few people with issues with uploading gallery avatars, and I'm trying to figure out what they have in common. Thanks!
0 Replies