Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 07:16 pm
Phoenix Avatar
Craven- OK this is it:

http://sc.communities.msn.com/tn/9A/10/TheRavensRealm/47/ff8.jpg

Now what do I do? Confused

The size is ok, but it's too wide. I am going to find the smaller one, and put it together with this one, and see the difference in looks.http://sc.communities.msn.com/tn/9A/10/TheRavensRealm/47/fec.jpg

I like the big one much better. Can the sides be cropped a little?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 01:49 am
Craven, I did as you said -- selected an avatar, clicked on it, clicked 'submit'. No avatar appears next to my posts. What'd I do wrong?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 01:54 am
Merry Andrew, after selecting your avatar the profile page is displayed. You must click submit there as well to complete the avatar selection.

I'm guessing that you missed that last step.

Phoenix,

Yes it can be cropped in a graphics program like paint. Remind me to give step by step instructions when I wake up tomorrow.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 01:56 am
Got it, Craven. (Figured it out myself before reading your response, but thanx).
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 01:57 am
Now what's this about a signagture? I don't know how to do that at all.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 02:04 am
To add a signature just type it into the signature input box of the edit profile page and then submit your profile.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 07:36 am
Muito obrigado, kind sir.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 09:40 am
If anyone is looking for another good image editing tool you might consider "IrfanView". It's a great little tool that converts image formats and allows you to resize images easily.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 12:53 pm
I just found out something about avatars. When you change your avatar, it also changes all the previous avatars you've used to the new one you've selected.

Is this correct Craven?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 01:16 pm
Yup, all avatars are "grandfathered". Same with signatures.

So if you change your avatar or signature is changes it for all posts.

If anyone wants this to be different I'm sorry but it can't. This is done to keep down the disk usage.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 01:19 pm
Not a problem Craven, I'm just happy we have them. It makes such a difference and it's a lot of fun.

This entire site is fantastic Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 03:43 pm
Hey, everbody, if you have a photo program in your box, you can create your own avatar.

In very simple terms, this is how i created mine (the one's i used before, and the one i'm using now).

I opened a photo program (in this case, the MS Picture It! Photo 2002 which came with the machine), and loaded the photo i wanted to use. I then selected crop, the take the portion i wanted for the avatar. Finally, i told the program change size, selected pixels for the unit of measure, and set the size to 80 X 80 pixels. When you have done this, you can right click your photo, then select properties to make sure it is not too large.

I've done this many time to create portraits for computer role-playing games, and i've done it with Adobe Photo Shop, the Corel program (forget the name), and this MS program. It takes a little while to get accustomed to each programs command structure for cropping and re-sizing the photo or other graphic, but the process is simple once you mastered that programs command structure.

oki'llshutupaboutallofthisnowseeyahbye
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 09:08 am
Following instructions worked for me as opposed to trying to do it my way with out success about a gazillion time.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 09:08 am
Thank you Setanta.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 09:39 am
I'm so glad to be among such dextrous and 'puter-savvy people. I had to ask Craven to post my avatar for me. No clue how to do all these things, even after reading all the tutorials available. A computer geek I'm not. If I tried to follow your directions, Setanta, I'd probably wind up with a pop-up window advertising Nutella and way too big for the space. Then I'd crop it and crunch it and end up sending it as an attachment in an e-mail to Sozobe. Sheeesh!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 10:03 am
Merry Andrew- Here it is:

http://sc.communities.msn.com/tn/9A/10/TheRavensRealm/47/10a7.jpg
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 10:27 am
Ahhhhh...Nutella!!!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 08:07 pm
Craven: I know we won't have the ability to upload from another site, however I'm wondering if we will be able to download an avatar from our own computers. For instance, I have some avatars stored in "My Documents" for future use. Will we have the capability to download them in the event I want to change mine?

It's not a problem if we can't, just checking.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2002 06:00 am
Misti - I don't believe you'll be able to post an avatar from your own PC while Craven is out, but if I were you I'd send him a quick PM asking him to confirm that.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2002 08:34 am
Actually, all uploads is what will be suspended. But you can still upload to another site and then hotlink to here.

I'll write more about this later.
0 Replies