Misti26

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2002 10:20 pm
Thanks Jespah, I'm sure Craven will pop in here and let us know.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 03:46 pm
O.K. Guys- I have a question about avatars. I have looked through Able2Know's catalogue of avatars. I have scoured different animation sites. I like the avatar that I have, but I was looking for something that imparted the essence of ME.

How come female avatars consistently picture gorgeous 20 something babes? How about some good looking old broads that I could relate to? Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:00 pm
You mean that avatar is not representative of you? It fits how I think of you in my minds eye. I like it and think you should keep it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:04 pm
Phoenix, i just wish you'd stop starin' at me . . .

I really enjoy the avatars, and they produce some strange effects. For a while, i had a picture of a young man in chain mail armor, because Setanta in Irish legend was a young warrior . . . it was not exactly what i wanted, though, and then Lovey told me someone asked her if that was how i pictured myself--well, of course not, i know i'm an overweight, middle-aged man, and have no problem with that image. I like Jespah's doggie picture, and so i chose my current pic--which is of an old friend of mine, who, saddly, passed away about 2 1/2 years ago.

But the avatars do effect how you react--Lola's lovely legs do distract, and i do sometimes get the feeling that Phoenix is starin' at me. Merry Andrew disconcerts me, because i keep seein' that pic and thinkin' he's gonna run fer President. Maybe i'll just get a pic of myself and post it here . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:07 pm
Setanta- But I AM staring at you! Mr. Green

When I was in school, I used to doodle eyes. Large, luminous eyes like in my avatar. I used to love it during the days of the movie, "Cleopatra". I would make my eyes up so I would look like Liz (I wish! Very Happy )
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:10 pm
EEK ! ! !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:11 pm
Aw, you look better'n Liz, she was always overrated--and overweight . . . you couldn't get me into bed with her with a gun to my head . . .
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:17 pm
hehehe, well looky here!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:22 pm
Greetings, oh lunar canine . . . you might wanna head over to dlowan's digression thread, where she's afeudin' and afightin' with me over the inability of english-speakers outside of the U.S. to spell correctly, and use words properly . . .

heeheeheeheeheehee

ooops, rotta gun

okbye
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:53 pm
Heyas lunar canine!

And lookee - it's a real pic o' Setanta!

Phoenix - as you can imagine - ahem - Craven found most of the avatars being used on the site. If you find me some you like, I think I can persuade him to add 'em.

Oh - question - Craven would like to upload a number of new avatars (hundreds, really), but that will cause all current avatars to be 'broken'. They won't be gone; you'll just have to reselect your avatar. Is everyone all right with that? I'll post a more general inquiry on the site.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:53 pm
Dear bog who farted in here.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:01 pm
Yeah, I can find my little rat again.

DEAR BOG? Craven, has she cracked your password? I'll keep an eye out for any smeggin' posts under your name that don't seem quite in character.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:03 pm
Jespah- You don't like my avatar either? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:04 pm
I like yer avatar, Boss . . . it's just that i like to bug people, as well . . . that's a great avatar, Boss, please keep it . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:05 pm
Moondoggy- You're here! Very Happy
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:08 pm
roger wrote:
Yeah, I can find my little rat again.

DEAR BOG? Craven, has she cracked your password? I'll keep an eye out for any smeggin' posts under your name that don't seem quite in character.

Is that you deb? He he.

No roger, not her. I'd say I didn't get bog from her but don't remember where she said she got it from.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:15 pm
I'm going to have to find my puppy with the flower hat again? well, i guess i can, tho i have a rather delightful photo of setanta, no, he's using it. hmmmmm must mull
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:21 pm
I lubs yer avatar, Phoenix!

But anyone on the site can use it, if it's a site avatar, yanno.

I don't think we'll be moving any preexisting avatars out of their current locations, so relocating your pic shouldn't be too hard. But Craven knows about that better than I do.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:31 pm
Well I might be deleting some of the excess anime that nobody seems to like. I can ditch the "babes" too and real fashion magazines or something.

Well, tall ya what. I'll do this right now. We'll see how it goes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:43 pm
you're scaring me, Craven. you're having a gemini-moment, aren't you! (i'm a gemini, i sit next to a gemini at work, and everytime we catch the other just goin' for something, we ask if it's a gemini moment)
0 Replies