Past and Future

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 11:42 am
I was in college, when I got into a relationship for the first time. At first the guy seemed very nice but then he was always abusive. He would call me bitch/mf etc. He said that I was very jealous and controlling. So I felt guilty. We did spend some good time and I remember those memories. WE said that we will marry only each other, otherwise remain single the entire life. He was from a very poor family, and I was upper middle class still I didn't count it. I was university ranker and he would just pass but now he has a good stable job. He had fears that my family wont accept his and would always ask how much my dad earned. I left for higher studies abroad and he did his in the same country. I was fed up and met a very good guy here, who was understanding, wise, extremely intelligent and respecting. I started falling for him. And I made the decision to leave the abusive guy and be with the new guy. However, the old guy texted me more abuses on various social media messages that how come I left him and that I was a cheater. I didn't cheat him, i said that i would not like to be with him anymore for being abusive. And then moved to the new guy. After blocking, he used other numbers to reach out to me. I am already married to the new guy and he is getting married, however, I still think of him and think did I do wrong to him? His abuses run through my mind. Personally, I had miscarriage and lost my job due to visa issues, I feel that he might have cursed me (even though I try to be logical). He said that I will never be happy. Those words haunt me. I always was a university ranker, school ranker and mentioned him that I dream of having the best job and brightest kids, but everything opposite has happened. I have no one to share these feelings, I am pretty introvert person. I feel very low in life. I feel like leaving everything and to go in a shell. One of my relatives didn't have kids even after 10 years of marriage, so I am very fearful. I cry alone at times. I feel life is meaningless.

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 12:40 pm
@Deeper9876543210,
This is a good time to get counseling.

You still have to resolve your past traumas. That's hard to do without professional help.

As for your miscarriage, etc. that's not specifically him -- it's more the trauma that he's caused you. Getting help for this is not a sign of weakness. It's a sign of strength, to want to do something to help yourself.

Life can be better -- a lot better.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 01:18 pm
Your relationship with him should not define your life today.

He was toxic and not meant for you. So why do you hang on to his abusive words and his wishes for unhappiness for you, said out of anger and immaturity ? You were young and under his spell. That is all in the past.

Yet you hang on. So when things happen, you think that he is responsible or has a hex on you, or some kind of power over your life and future.

This is low esteem working its evil way. Please get some counseling so that you will live life to the fullest and enjoy the blessings in your husband and career and children to come - and be able to face all the things in life, good and heart-breaking - without any thought of him.

0 Replies