maporsche

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 10:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
I really loved that she took the pledge to take her $164,000 salary and not invest a single penny in stocks or real estate or anything that her lawmaking abilities could possibly have an impact on.

She won’t even open a savings account to keep that money in because banks will just use that to give loans and some laws she writes any affect the banking industry.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:01 pm
Predictions of Democrats crumble over wall
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:26 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Well, let's start with ecology, moving on to lack of fair market price of Condemnation of Eminent Domain, Easements, Tribal Land violations, Federal and State Park system abuses...
What parks are abused?

Eminent domain is an issue when the government builds anywhere. The courts will ensure that landowners get a fair deal. It's hardly a reason for liberals to fight to the death over this issue.

neptuneblue wrote:
Shall I go on? Cuz there's whole list I didn't cover.
There is nothing that you could list that would be a serious reason for opposing the wall.

Liberals sabotage their ability to get anything done when they fight to the death over something that doesn't matter.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:27 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
ACLU sues Texas schools, AG over Israel boycott law
By Shelby Webb Updated 7:47 pm CST, Tuesday, December 18, 2018
I don't anticipate that the Supreme Court will be very sympathetic.

People have a right to be neonazis if they want. They don't have a right to be employed by the State of Texas.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
That article is silly. Venezuela was destroyed by its leftist government. The US had nothing to do with it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 01:49 pm
@maporsche,
Oh wait...I'm hearing that she never made that pledge.

Ut oh!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 09:36 am
https://preview.redd.it/thtzyfat7h321.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c41524622450e0692af4830b30df0b2aacfa8ce5
maporsche

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 09:37 am
@edgarblythe,
Idiotic.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 09:43 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

https://preview.redd.it/thtzyfat7h321.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c41524622450e0692af4830b30df0b2aacfa8ce5

And it helps to have a handful of Manchins around to help the opposing party when you’re in the majority.

(Just don’t forget to pay them off with plush appointments after they do your dirty work.) Astonishing that useful idiots continue to stan their ****.

Idiotic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 11:51 am
Robert Reich
·
This is one of the first major analyses of Beto O’Rourke’s congressional voting record. It finds that he has voted with the GOP on many critical issues ranging from health care to Wall Street regulation to consumer protection. I’m surprised by many of his votes, given the profile he has cultivated as a progressive standard bearer. Have a look. What do you think?

https://capitalandmain.com/beto-vs-democrats-texas-lawmaker-frequently-voted-to-help-trump-and-gop-1220?fbclid=IwAR1zs1el7Ibk692fH6ZPFRwKdB-gcrFIrkXwElshE58Zvu2RQjLu-f_y2fY

Beto vs. Democrats: Texas Lawmaker Frequently Voted to Help Trump and GOP
Co-published by The Guardian
How Beto O’Rourke, a potential Democratic candidate for president, has undermined his own party’s efforts to halt the GOP agenda.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 12:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
How Beto O’Rourke, a potential Democratic candidate for president, has undermined his own party’s efforts to halt the GOP agenda.

Did you expect an honest man? We have the closest thing to that in the office of president now. What his administration does, it does openly and transparently.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 01:31 pm
@coldjoint,
I love your sense of humour. Musta taken a few tries to type that with a straight face!
coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 04:00 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Musta taken a few tries to type that with a straight face!

Where hasn't Trump been transparent? He says what he is doing or trying to do. It is so clear it just makes his detractors crazy inventing sinister motives hoping one sticks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 04:43 pm
@coldjoint,
Like a kindergartner with a box of oversize Crayolas.
snood

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 05:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Are you agreeing that 45 is "transparent "?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 05:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

That works out well for you. You can visit him at recess.
Lash

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 05:49 pm
This is beautifully true.

Based on his record, Sanders should be the progressive favorite by default. In 2016, he ran an impressive insurgent campaign that came close to defeating the party elite’s handpicked candidate. Savvier Democrats have already recognized that Sander’s message is the one that best suits the mood of the electorate.

Bernie Sanders 2020? Senator mulls second White House run
Read more
His ideas have set the agenda for the Democratic party for the past two years, with elected officials trying to burnish their progressive credentials by doing photo ops with Sanders and adopting his policies, from free college to Medicare for All (a plan that even the majority of Republican voters now favor). Many polls suggest he is the most popular politician in the country, and would be the clear favorite in a match-up against Trump. Attempts to portray Sanders as the candidate of white “Bernie Bros” ignore the facts – Sanders has higher favorability ratings among people of color than any other Democratic politician. It’s obvious that he’s the party’s best shot. He has a formidable team of experienced organizers, national popularity and name recognition, and a clear, bold agenda that can win over working-class people of all genders and races.

More truth here: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/19/why-bernie-sanders-is-still-the-most-progressive-choice-for-president?CMP=share_btn_tw
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 05:53 pm
@coldjoint,
If I wait a bit longer I can gaze at him through the bars and toss him a few kibbles.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 06:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
If I wait a bit longer I can gaze at him through the bars

That is a fantasy. Almost 2 years and 0 but some unsavory friends. Not as bad as Bill Ayres or Farrakhan, Obama's buddies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 06:37 pm
Andy Borowitz
·
In all seriousness, the real villains today — as they have been for the past two years — are Congressional Republicans, who have abdicated their constitutional duties and enabled a truly dangerous President.