blatham

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:08 am
Quote:
Ronald Klain
@RonaldKlain
14h
Every time Trump (or his minions) brag that he acted quickly on travel restrictions against China, I wish someone in that briefing room would ask him:

"Didn't Italy put restrictions on China travel BEFORE you did?"

(Answer: Yes, as did 44 other countries).
revelette3

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:21 am
Trump campaign declares war on Dems over voting rules for November

(Politico)
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:27 am
How Trump surprised his own team by ruling out Obamacare

Insurers were prepared to extend coverage, HHS officials were largely on board, but the White House refused to reopen enrollment.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:32 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

That your response - or anyone's response - to such a thing on top of all else could be anything other than demanding this man be removed from office puts you in a category which cannot be excused.

Yet another IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE, sho nuff!! That brings the count of them to 103,783. Text Schiff now!

Joking about models CANNOT be excused. EVER!

There's still a few month left to impeach the ************. Best git busy now, though.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:03 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

"Didn't Italy put restrictions on China travel BEFORE you did?"

(Answer: Yes, as did 44 other countries).

7 upvotes for this ridiculous claim already!

And the source for this is.... a tweet? From someone supposedly named "Ronald Klaim"? Must be the name of some Chinese bot, eh?

Italy announced its travel restrictions the same day Trump did, Jan. 31. The EU's only response was to complain that they weren't consulted.

The only country to do it sooner was the heavily-condemned North Korea, which is right on China's border.

As good ole P.T. Barnum done said, there's one born every minute.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:06 am
@layman,

Quote:
7 upvotes for this ridiculous claim already!

People are voting like Democrats, early and often. Someone is tampering with the votes again.
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:34 am
@layman,
Quote:
An ongoing worldwide pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), a novel infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), was first confirmed to have spread to Italy on 31 January 2020, when two Chinese tourists in Rome tested positive for the virus

On 31 January, the Italian government suspended all flights to and from China and declared a state of emergency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:40 am
Quote:
andrew kaczynskiThinking face
@KFILE
· 2h
On the same day Larry Kudlow said coronavirus was “contained” on Feb. 25th, Trump’s campaign spox made an even more bold claim [on Fox]

“We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here..and isn't it refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama."

You Trump guys feeling refreshed? Well and truthfully informed?

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:46 am
@blatham,
Ya know, I've never been a member of Twitter, and never will be.

Well, apart from the fact that Blather turns this thread into a virtual tweet-o-rama joint, I mean.

He scours that joint constantly, looking for any opinion or factual claim, however spurious, which opposes Trump, then "retweets" them here.

Like many of his ilk, he is heavily influenced by twitter.

The chump.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:51 am
@layman,
Quote:
He scours that joint constantly, looking for any opinion or factual claim, however spurious, which opposes Trump, then "retweets" them here.

People are capable of going to that platform themselves and do not need Blatham's help. I guess original content is a strange concept to some that refuse to do their own thinking.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:51 am
@coldjoint,
Bobsal’s getting froggy.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:54 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Bobsal’s getting froggy.

Very Happy
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:55 am
Quote:
The Republican speaker of the Georgia state House is not happy that election officials are making it easier for residents to vote from home in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

The state is mailing every registered voter a form so that they can request an absentee ballot for the May 19 primary election. Voters will also be able to cast ballots in person on Election Day, as well as during the three weeks of early voting beginning on April 27, but the state is trying to make it easier for people to vote from afar.

David Ralston, the state [of Georgeia] House speaker, has deep concerns about this system, in part because the “possibilities of fraud are incredibly prevalent in this kind of voting,” as he said in an interview with the Georgia news site FetchYourNews. (See video below.)

“You don’t know who’s going to vote the ballot,” said Ralston, who wants to push back the date of the primary.

But he also admitted he doesn’t like the fact that absentee ballots will make it easier for people to vote ― and presumably increase turnout ― because that will hurt Republicans.

“The president said it best ― this will be extremely devastating to Republicans and conservatives in Georgia,” said Ralston.

“Every registered voter is going to get one of these. Now I ask you ... what was turnout in the primary back in 2018 or 2016. Was it 100%? No. No. It’s way, way, way lower. This will certainly drive up turnout,” he added.
link

Because Republicans love democracy so very, very much.
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:00 pm
@blatham,
Sure it will drive up the so-called "turn-out." Democrats will send in completed ballots for every person who won't vote that they can find. They don't even need their ballots. They can reproduce the form themselves. It's just a simple matter of good old identity theft, eh? Kinda like the votes they cast under names they find on tombstones, ya know?

To a cheese-eater, any attempt to reduce fraudulent votes is VOTER SUPPRESSION!!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:10 pm
Such a very big ******* surprise, this
Quote:
Acyn Torabi
@Acyn
18h
Lindsey Graham [on Fox] calls setting up committees to look into the Coronavirus response “tone deaf” and suggests most Americans don’t care about how this situation developed into a crisis

Probably no Republican freaked out - for years - re Benghazi more than this guy. And he's worried about "tone" here.

He's not, let's observe, concerned about the tone where Trump in his recent "briefing" while thousands are dying and many more thousands will follow those to the grave cracking a joke about ******* models.

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:17 pm
@blatham,
You don't even have the decency to tell us what the joke was, eh?

Quote:
The quip came while the president was fielding questions about the trajectory of the pandemic.“The models show hundreds of thousands of people are going to die and you know what I want to do? I want to come way under the model,” he said. “The professionals did the models and I was never involved in a model. At least this kind of a model.”

Hahahahahha!

Good one, Donny!

Oh, wait....

I forgot. I'm in no-laffin cheese-eaterville.

How horrendous! This is intolerable! This is an IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE!
layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:31 pm
@layman,
Quote:
As good ole P.T. Barnum done said, there's one born every minute.

Ya know, I don't really feel comfortable repeating quotes that I find to be questionable, so I'm adding this correction.

Personally, I don't believe Phineas T. ever really said that.

That hyperbolic promoter was NEVER guilty of understatement, know what I'm sayin?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:39 pm
@layman,
Quote:
I was never involved in a model. At least this kind of a model.

The linguistic subtlety of this stable genius may go unnoticed by some.

Notice that he deliberately doesn't say "involved with."

He says "involved IN."
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:54 pm
Speaking of models, and all, Kevin Trenberth, lead author for the IPCC, can tell ya all about them babies, eh?

Quote:
"In fact there are no predictions by IPCC at all. And there never have been. The IPCC instead proffers “what if” projections of future climate that correspond to certain emissions scenarios....

There are a number of assumptions that go into these emissions scenarios. They are intended to cover a range of possible self consistent “story lines”.... But they do not consider many things like the recovery of the ozone layer, for instance, or observed trends in forcing agents.

There is no estimate, even probabilistically, as to the likelihood of any emissions scenario and no best guess. None of the models used by IPCC are initialized to the observed state and none of the climate states in the models correspond even remotely to the current observed climate.

http://blogs.nature.com/climatefeedback/2007/06/predictions_of_climate.html

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:01 pm
@layman,
Admittedly, Trenberth's statements were made on a scientific blog instead of on twitter, so their reliability is therefore necessarily dubious, but, still...
0 Replies