Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 05:02 pm
@coldjoint,
Well, that’s stupid even for you.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 05:07 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Well, that’s stupid even for you.

It is not stupid, it is a fact progressives shame and intimidate those who disagree. It is nice to see women are no different. That should cheer you up.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 05:18 pm
Here is stupid.
Quote:
The ‘Million Dollars Per Person’ Affair Is Telling

Quote:
Bad Econ Takes @BadEconTakes

“Mike Bloomberg spent enough on his campaign to give every American $1 million.” @BWilliams on @11thHour @MSNBC

Wow!
Quote:
Obviously, the math here is spectacularly off. If Michael Bloomberg had divided the money he spent on his presidential run evenly among Americans, we would each have got $1.53, not $1 million. For Bloomberg to give $1 million to each American, he would have to be worth $327 trillion (in cash), which, for context, is around 17 times American GDP and about five-and-a-half thousand times what he’s actually worth. The scale of the error here is galactic.

Does Biden do their math?
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-million-dollars-per-person-affair-is-telling/
hightor

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 05:21 pm
@coldjoint,
I don't know about you, but $1.53 would really come in handy about now. God bless Mike!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 05:56 pm
Quote:
AOC Pledges to Support Biden If He Wins Nomination
Ed Kilgore

In a welcome sign for Democrats of party unity and an implied rebuke to “Bernie or Bust” voters, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told Seth Myers last night that she will support Joe Biden if he wins the Democratic presidential nomination:

Quote:
I’ve said throughout this entire process that what is so important that we ultimately unite behind who that Democratic nominee is. I think it’s a two-way street. I’ve been concerned by some folks that say if Bernie’s the nominee, they won’t support him and the other way around.

Once again, AOC is proving herself to have extraordinary timing. Her endorsement of Bernie Sanders in October helped turn around what at the time look like a floundering campaign. At the time, it wasn’t all that clear she had made a smart move or that it would matter, as CNN reported:
Quote:
Ocasio-Cortez’s endorsement was one of the most sought-after in progressive politics and, ultimately, she delivered it at one of the most uncertain times in Sanders’ long political career.

The New York Democrat told Sanders she would back him for president over the phone as he was lying in a hospital bed recovering from the heart attack that took him off the campaign trail for weeks, aides to both told CNN. When he fell ill in Las Vegas, Sanders’ campaign had been stalling in polls, as Warren pulled ahead and solidified her status among the front-runners.

Between then and Super Tuesday, Sanders had a very good run, with AOC serving as a key surrogate. It’s far too early to write off Sanders despite Joe Biden’s astonishing ascent, but not at all too early for people in his camp to make up their minds whether to weaponize threats of a general election defection to gain leverage — or to rule them out.

The decision by the country’s most influential young progresssive to pledge allegiance to the party she has sometimes discomfited is significant. And among other things, it should help convince Biden supporters and those who fear Bernie Sanders to reciprocate should this topsy-turvy nomination contest take another unexpected turn.

coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 05:59 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
AOC Pledges to Support Biden If He Wins Nomination

Are you spamming? You posted an article saying the same thing two pages ago.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 06:11 pm
Trump on Fox today
Quote:
Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
47m
Trump: CDC "doctors say how do you know so much about this? Maybe I have a natural ability."

Oh yeah. No question. And no question they said that.

Here's the full statement...
Quote:
"I like this world. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors said 'How do you know so much about it". Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for President. But you know why. I understand that whole world. love that world. I really do. I love that world

Edit: And when you see this video, you'll see a group of stooges standing around Trump, nodding, smiling at his wisdom and leadership.
Quote:
"First I want to thank you, for your decisive leadership ... I also want to thank you for coming here today ... I think that's the most important thing I want to say" --CDC Director Redfield slathers Dear Leader-style praise on Trump during his tour of CDC headquarters

Quote:
AZAR tries to explain that more tests are coming, but Trump waves him off to jump in.

TRUMP: “Anybody that needs a test gets a test…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 06:21 pm
Quote:
All In with Chris Hayes
@allinwithchris
1h
President Trump on Americans infected with coronavirus on Grand Princess Cruise Ship:

“I don’t need to have the numbers double because of one ship... that wasn’t our fault.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 06:23 pm
Quote:
Media Matters
@mmfa
2h
Rush Limbaugh: "Can you remember any natural disaster where the Trump administration is thought to have really blown it"

Scratching my head...um...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 07:33 pm
I cherish two images from the aftermath of the hurricane which hit Puerto Rico. One is the Mayor of San Juan wading chest-deep in water through the streets of her city, and other is of the fat boy throwing "soft, soft paper towels" to the crowd at the airport.
blatham

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 08:46 pm
@Setanta,
I know. There have been so many clues staring right wing types in the face but their brains just do some kind of filtering that flips it over. It is as discouraging as anything I've encountered in this life.

For example
Tucker Carlson: “Elizabeth Warren is really a bottomless well of venom”
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 08:50 pm
Ryan Struyk
@ryanstruyk
·
Quote:
1h
Latest
@CNN
reporting:

4:25 p.m: Minnesota reports first coronavirus case

5:20 p.m: First coronavirus case in Oklahoma

6:35 p.m: Connecticut reveals first coronavirus case

7:18 p.m: First coronavirus case in Kentucky reported

8:05 p.m: Nebraska reports first coronavirus case
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 08:54 pm
@blatham,
CNN will not be happy until there is complete panic. Can't say you aren't doing your part. Who are the sick people?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 08:57 pm
This took longer than expected
Quote:
Bloomberg Politics
@bpolitics
· 1h
JUST IN: President Trump names Rep. Mark Meadows of North Carolina as White House chief of staff, replacing Mick Mulvaney https://trib.al/m1pLJvw

And of course it's Meadows. Who, back in 2012 urged Tea Party supporters to "send Obama home to Kenya or wherever it is.”
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 09:05 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
And of course it's Meadows. Who, back in 2012 urged Tea Party supporters to "send Obama home to Kenya or wherever it is.”

A lot of people wanted Obama gone no matter where he was born. Trump and Meadows are like minded. That is good news for American citizens of every color.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 09:24 pm
Here's a stupid dipshit
Quote:
@JoeBiden's surrogate @lindyli is publicly supporting position of not voting for the eventual democratic nominee
coldjoint

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 09:29 pm
@blatham,

Quote:
Here's a stupid dipshit

What is the difference between him and Biden?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 01:54 am
Uphill climb for Sanders after Biden's Super Tuesday wins

Steve Kornacki breaks down the delegate math ahead for Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden
following Biden's surprise big wins on Super Tuesday.

Aired on March 6, 2020

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 03:20 am
Quote:
“Anybody that needs a test gets a test…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

Please tell me he didn't say this...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 05:13 am
@hightor,
A medical savant with the natural ability to understand this stuff said so.
0 Replies