edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 03:56 pm
If Beto had enough money to go on TV he might have a shot.

Beto O'Rourke
Sponsored ⋅ Paid for by Beto for Texas ·
BREAKING - the latest poll shows that we’re in a dead heat with Ted Cruz. Check out these numbers from Texas Lyceum:
Beto: 39%
Ted Cruz: 41%
maporsche

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 03:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Beto O'Rourke
Sponsored ⋅ Paid for by Beto for Texas ·
BREAKING - the latest poll shows that we’re in a dead heat with Ted Cruz. Check out these numbers from Texas Lyceum:
Beto: 39%
Ted Cruz: 41%

But edgar, money in politics is BAAAAAD
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 05:28 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It is a key difference between us and people who try to commit genocide.

These people deny the holocaust and ignore the real genocide in the ME and Africa. I would like to know how can you compare a benevolent super power to this scum?

What other country do these people want to have our power?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 05:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

Then he needs to go back to California to fund raise some more. His money comes from outside of Texas.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 05:49 pm
Story about a liberal progressive:
Quote:
Maxine Busted For ‘Illegal Dealings’ As Trump Supporters Make Her Cry Like A Baby

Kamala Harris is also neck deep. Who knows how far this will go and if they are punished. They are Democrats and our legal system seems to favor them.
Quote:
According to reports, Maxine Waters is busted. “A government watchdog in July filed the first of two complaints with the Federal Election Commission asking for a full audit of the Citizens for Waters campaign,” reported Fox News. “The first complaint alleges Waters broke federal campaign finance law, and also names the California Democratic State Central Committee and Sen. Kamala Harris, a likely 2020 Democratic presidential contender.”

Maxine Waters is in the hot seat over the various ways she raises money and the money she has paid to her daughter. Waters raises money by charging other California Democrats big bucks to be listed on the sample ballot of candidates she supports that she sends out with her mail pieces.

Over the past 14 years, her campaign committee, Citizens for Waters, has paid about $750,000 to Waters’ daughter, Karen Waters, or her daughter’s PR firm, Progressive Connections, according to the Washington Free Beacon.

https://madworldnews.com/maxine-illegal-dealings-trump/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 07:26 am
Bank of America Freezes Family's Accounts After Demanding Proof of Citizenship

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 08:13 am
Establishment type Democrats have moved so far from the politics that made America work for everybody that they don't recognize democracy anymore. Progressives are considered not just radical, but the enemy, to be fought as hard as they fight Trump. They fight Trump in a public way that acts out their trauma over this human wrecking ball. But in practice they have no fight in them to resist changes he is making.

Progressives - liberals, I call us - stand for the New Deal and Medicare, updated to the times. This makes us traitors to the Democratic Party?

The Democrats started to weenie their way through life with the coming of Reaganism. They were the keepers of the New Deal, but they gradually allowed it all to melt away to a hollow resemblance of the progress the people once held and could rely on. They began to imitate the Republicans in many ways. Bill Clinton would usurp Republican ideas, to the fury of Republicans and the delight of Democrats. I never understood why Republicans hate him so. He made their ascension possible. Warmongers who take big money bribes began taking over the party. Now, they talk somewhat like Democrats of old, but only superficially give a **** about the base. They've driven away the white male vote, while doing little for the minorities, meaning they can't be trusted anymore. Only moving back to where they once were can they regain the people's trust. By going all out progressive.
maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 10:20 am
@edgarblythe,
The only progressives who I consider enemies are the morons who voted for Stein.

The ones who had the intelligence to vote for Clinton over Trump are not enemies at all.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 10:28 am
@maporsche,
That's over and done with (I think).
___

Gotta focus on the midterms and work together. It is disturbing to continue to see squabbling on the centre/left while the far right plugs along in its co-ordinated move to the right. The elite in the US has their republican party right where it wants it - giving it more and more and more money and tax cuts. They can do it as there is no organized group pushing back.

The centre/left ín the US doesn't have a chance if it doesn't start working together. Points of agreement need to be found.

This is definitely not a good time to fuss about past disagreements. The centre/left in the US has to find a way to move forward together instead of backwards.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 10:29 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
I consider enemies

It is the Left that has turned political opponents into enemies. They have turned people who disagree into evil monsters, which is just bullshit. We need to get past that, not reinforce it.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 10:42 am
@ehBeth,
I hear you and wished it was easy as that. So styled progressives have said that they would not be fooled by those who act like progressives but are really not. (left a link to that quite a few weeks back, it was right after Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won in NY for her district in NY. ) Something about establishment democrats trying to ride on coattails of recent progressive wins.

I personally don't see why we can't be in one big tent. As Hillary said and she is correct, there really isn't that much difference between establishment dems and progressive dems except of degrees and source of money.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 10:48 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
So styled progressives have said that they would not be fooled by those who act like progressives but are really not.

pretty much guarantees more republican wins eh

vote-splitting for the not-win
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 10:53 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
So styled progressives have said that they would not be fooled by those who act like progressives but are really not.

Your whole side has been fooled into thinking America would survive these absolutely stupid policies of open borders and free everything. But if you wish to destroy America, then that is who you support, just be honest about what you are trying to do.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 10:57 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

and the zealots on both sides are more interested in demonstrating points that "See I told you that Im right" rather than fixing the problem.

It's called horseshoeing, and it's a big influence campaign pushed by organized crime.

Designed to get citizens arguing over fringe stuff instead of coming together to solve problems. They want to gridlock the government over stupid crap.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 11:17 am
@edgarblythe,
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/38060882_2128539130801124_2671032546405384192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b206fe421e95dcbc98a32c1e1b13e3f9&oe=5C09529E
Chomsky is a very wealthy man, made that way by trashing his country. Everyone of those places is where the Palestinians stockpile weapons or launch rockets from. He neglects to mention that. Palestinians murder babies and not by accident. Then the families of that terrorist or that terrorist receives money for the rest of their lives.

He says nothing about Palestinian children as young as three saying they want to kill Jews. Nothing about the supremacist, intolerant, and violent religion that is the real cause of the situation Israel is in. Ignore that jerk.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 12:08 pm
@ehBeth,
I don’t disagree ehbeth, but I was responding to one of the detestable Stein voters who continue, time and time again on this site, to sow discord on the left.

This behavior by Edgar and others pushes me more and more into not supporting their positions. Sort of the same way I’d feel if I suddenly had gungasnake agreeing with me.

To let that idiocy go unchallenged is wrong in my view.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 12:19 pm
@maporsche,
I get that.

I find it interesting that suggesting that the centre/left has to work together to avoid continued republican control in the US results in a downvote balance in a thread primarily composed of centre/left posters.

It doesn't bode well for the centre/left in future US elections.

They'd rather disagree and continue to let the country move right.

Interesting and puzzling. I'm used to centre/left voters working together. I've been participating in vote-swaps federally and provincially for over a decade now. Co-operation vs competition. It works.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 01:02 pm
Quote:
Legal Asian Immigrants Make Antifa Wish They’d Never Come To Welcome Illegals

Not everyone in Canada is an emasculated wimp like Justin. Antifa ran into some Kung Fu fighting.
https://madworldnews.com/legal-asian-immigrants-antifa/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=madworldnews
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 04:32 pm
Progressives are being blamed for this? This is why the civil war rages.
maporsche

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 04:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Is there something wrong with the Primary in kentucky?

These ******* Young Turk people are bitching and moaning and doing nothing but sowing discord on the left.

Let the voters in the primary decide