Quote:
[url="georgeob1"]
There's an url I'm not clicking on.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 03:42 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I think Ilhan spoke a little carelessly, but I don't know how people can't see that those women are fighting against ethnic cleansing.

Falsely accusing Israel of committing ethnic cleansing isn't fighting against ethnic cleansing.

Lash wrote:
Israel was born to protect people from this systematic eradication, but now, Israel is on the wrong side of the issue.

Shame on you for falsely accusing Israel of imaginary atrocities.

Lash wrote:
It's not anti-semitism to speak the truth about Israel's actions against Palestinians.

Progressives do not speak the truth when they falsely accuse Israel of imaginary atrocities.

Lash wrote:
Israel is perpetrating genocidal behavior - of that, there is no doubt.

Hitler would be so proud of you right now.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 03:43 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
even back in the early days of Abuzz, there was a group of extremists who argued that any criticism of Israeli government policies was axiomatically an instance of anti-Semitism.

Falsely accusing Israel of imaginary atrocities is indeed antisemitism.

blatham wrote:
The movement to boycott Israel for its treatment of Palestinians and for it's transparent theft of Palestinian lands

All Israel does is defend themselves from murderers who refuse to ever make peace with them. There is no theft. There is no mistreatment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 03:45 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
As the Israeli military continues to shoot unarmed protesters in Gaza

People who mount a concerted attempt to massacre Israelis are anything but protesters.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 03:48 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
Trolling: Time to Realize what Smearing Palestinian Rights Activists as "anti-Semitic" Really is

Condemnation of antisemitism is not trolling. Antisemitism is horrific.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 03:50 pm
@hightor,
Tulsi to me seems like tRump light, and that is marshmallow cream with whipped cream topping. In other words - gross!
BillW

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 03:58 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Of course, after the appointment of Jared, we all thought middle east issues would be quickly resolved so our attention went elsewhere.

Ahha, another big lie, I also won't........oh, nevermind!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:30 pm
@BillW,
That’s a big statement—comparing her to TRUMP. Do you have several examples of why she deserves that level of derision?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:34 pm
@revelette3,

A few comments on this think piece.

Ramzy Baroud wrote:
In other words, no amount of talking, debating or defending oneself can possibly convince the Zionists that demanding an end to the Israeli military occupation in Palestine or the dismantling of the Israeli apartheid regime, or genuine criticism of the policies of Israel’s right-wing government are not, in fact, acts of antisemitism.

The Zionists equate the dismantling of their apartheid regime, i.e. the Jewish State, and the Palestinians' Right of Return with the destruction of the Jews, so it's an easy pretext for their continued oppression of the Palestinian people. By their argument it exempts them of their responsibility towards the Palestinians in regard to international resolutions and conventions, for which they have other pretexts as well.

Baroud wrote:
Historically, Palestinians haven’t always been marginalized within their own discourse. Once upon a time, the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO), despite of its many shortcomings and mistakes, provided unified Palestinian political discourse which served as a litmus test for any individual, group or government regarding their position on Palestinian rights and freedom.

The Oslo accords ended all of that; it fragmented the Palestinian discourse, as it has also divided the Palestinian people. Since then, the message emanating from Palestine has become muddled, factionalised and often self-defeating. The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement (BDS) has done a tremendous job in bringing some clarity by attempting to articulate a universal Palestinian discourse.

The Oslo Accords were an attempt to compel the Palestinians into giving up their Right of Return for a "two-state solution" to indulge the Zionists in their equation of the dismantling of the Jewish state with Jewish genocide. What these accords have lead to is a single apartheid state within which Palestinians are concentrated in bantustans within the regions delineated by the accords as "Area A".

In regard to the muddled, factionalized division of the Palestinian discourse, the BDS movement isn't much of an improvement seeing as how much of discourse is for the establishment of that coercive two state solution.

Baroud wrote:
To be anti-Zionist is not the same as being pro-Palestine, the former emanating from the rejection of racist, Zionist ideas and the latter indicating real connection and bond with Palestine and her people.

To be pro-Palestine is also to respect the centrality of the Palestinian voice, because without the Palestinian narrative there can be no real or meaningful solidarity, and because, ultimately it will be the Palestinian people who will liberate themselves.

This cannot be stressed enough. The Palestinian narrative is about their rights in Palestine that have been denied them to indulge the Zionists in the sustainment of their ethnocentically oppressive regime.
Lash

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:49 pm
@blatham,
I think instead of doing all that, I just need to observe pelosi censuring Ilhan, leading the charge to curtail the progressive wing of the party, slow-clapping Trump, and expecting Democrats to rubber stamp war funds.

They are paid by the same ‘wealthy donors’ that pay the GOP.

The current power structure of Ds fell away from their people-centric policies with Clinton’s plan to compete with Rs for money, and both parties now fight for Koch scraps.

Bernie Sanders’ success would not be possible without D capitulation to R standards.

You can very accurately gauge the fury of the people against the current D party by the money raised for and the massive volunteer army coalescing around Bernie Sanders—if you’re interested in what’s happening in your country.

Hear me now, believe me later.
Lash

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 05:01 pm
@revelette3,
I really enjoyed that article. What’s your opinion?
Lash

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 05:04 pm
@revelette3,
The kids hate Pete because he’s an elitist, a liar, a gun-toting war guy, and a racist. But, that’s just what they tell me.
oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 05:24 pm
@InfraBlue,
Ramzy Baroud wrote:
the Israeli military occupation in Palestine

The only place that is occupied is Area B. Palestinians govern themselves in Area A and in Gaza. The only Palestinians in Area C are workers who are there to scrub the settlers' toilets.

I advise Palestinians in Area B to move to the Gaza Strip. Given Palestinian refusal to make peace, I see no future for Area B Palestinians in the West Bank.

Ramzy Baroud wrote:
the Israeli apartheid regime,

This Baroud character really is shameful.

InfraBlue wrote:
The Zionists equate the dismantling of their apartheid regime, i.e. the Jewish State,

Falsely accusing Israel of imaginary atrocities is shameful. Shame on you.

InfraBlue wrote:
continued oppression of the Palestinian people.

"Requiring Palestinians to make peace and stop murdering people" is not "oppression."

InfraBlue wrote:
What these accords have lead to is a single apartheid state

Falsely accusing Israel of imaginary atrocities is shameful. Shame on you.

InfraBlue wrote:
state within which Palestinians are concentrated

That is incorrect. Most Palestinians are outside Israeli borders, not within Israel.

InfraBlue wrote:
Palestinians are concentrated in bantustans

Palestinians are not concentrated in bantustans because of the peace process.

Palestinians are concentrated in bantustans because they reject the peace process.

"Land for Peace" only means handing land over to Palestinians when they agree to peace.

InfraBlue wrote:
bantustans within the regions delineated by the accords as "Area A".

There are also plenty of Palestinians in Area B and in the Gaza Strip.

I advise Palestinians in Area B to move to the Gaza Strip. Since the Palestinians refuse to make peace, I see no future for Area B Palestinians in the West Bank.

InfraBlue wrote:
The Palestinian narrative is about their rights in Palestine that have been denied them

Palestinians are not being denied any rights.

InfraBlue wrote:
indulge the Zionists in the sustainment of their ethnocentically oppressive regime.

Most people do not find the idea of Jews ruling their own homeland to be oppressive.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 05:30 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
do I sense a crack in Trump love?

I love the job he is doing. And I do enjoy when people meltdown about his personality.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 05:51 am
So Bernie had a great funding quarter, hauling in historical amounts of cash from record numbers of folks, thus beating at its own game a campaign finance system geared to the rich.

The funniest thing is that political pundits take big note of that and take his candidacy increasingly. They respect Bernie for the cash he can raise... :-) Money talks lauder than policy proposals.
BillW

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 05:57 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

They respect Bernie for the cash he can raise... :-) Money talks lauder than policy proposals.

What's new? <sigh>
Olivier5

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 06:07 am
@BillW,
You got that right.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 06:07 am
@Lash,
Quote:
They are paid by the same ‘wealthy donors’ that pay the GOP.
... and both parties now fight for Koch scraps.
You really don't know what you are talking about because you're too lazy to put in the necessary study on these matters. You haven't read Dark Money or likely any of the similarly directed research that preceded Mayer's book. You clearly have little idea at all regarding the history of conservative movement funders over the last forty years - the Scaifes, Bradleys, Coors, De Vos families etc and their connections within the Koch umbrella and where they put their money.

georgeob1

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 09:59 am
@blatham,
That scolding appeared a bit overbearing and presumptuous to me. You don't really know what she has read or not read, and you are not a widely recognized authority on the subject (except for the various conspiracy theories you peddle so assiduously).

The observable fact is that wealthy people and institutions are major contributors to both parties, just as Lash wrote. Silicon Valley Billionaires (and the companies they run) are major contributors to Democrats, both financially and in the favorable (to them) voter manipulation they do through their various user platforms. Steyer and Bloomberg are self-funded billionaire Democrat candidates for president who have also contributed in major ways to others. George Soros has been a major and systematic funder of Liberal and Democrat causes for decades, and certainly equal to anything the Koch Brothers did during that period.

The one needing further (and wiser) sources of information here may well be yourself.

revelette3

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2020 10:20 am
@Lash,
In this area, we are in agreement.