Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 12:41 pm
@hightor,
But the people who are likely to be susceptible to an anti-semitic message aren't likely to be voting for any of the Democratic candidates.

Nonsense.

African-Americans, alas, vote, almost monolithically Democratic, and have a dark streak of anti-Semitism running through their community.
JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 12:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Totally true, Baldimo, as are/were the comments of Trump being the 11,000 lie guy. But that would only enamor him more to you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 12:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

It's personal with snood. He doesn't like me because Hillary lost and he will continue to dislike Bernie supporters as a result of 2016. He has no real perspective beyond that.

Who does he like?
JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 12:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Who does he like?

He really sucks up to Bernie. And he likes me for my honesty about the events of 9-11.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 02:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Okay for 1 and 2, if by 2 you mean Warren supported Clinton in 2016.

For 3 ("...one by one began adapting Sanders' ideas, presenting versions to call her own, but hedging so that in the general election she is able to move back to the center") that's the core of her proposal: a more flexible and economically-aware progressive than Bernie, more technical, and thus more likely to compromise. She's not shy about it nor should she be. It's an honest proposal.

4. I'd have to research that.

5. I don't think she was ever an avid republican, and certainly not the same type of republican than the modern-day type of Trump and co...

6. The pocahontas dirt... oh please... That's a total non-issue.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 02:15 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I listened to Sanders. He said that he wants to violate my civil liberties for his own enjoyment.

Then you should be able to produce the transcribed quote where he says this or at least direct us to the source.

Sure thing:

"Ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons. Assault weapons are designed and sold as tools of war. There is absolutely no reason why these firearms should be sold to civilians."

http://berniesanders.com/issues/gun-safety/

hightor wrote:
I want to see where he says "for my own enjoyment".

It goes without saying that the only reason for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles is the enjoyment that these people get from violating people's civil liberties.

What other possible reason is there for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 02:33 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Let's not forget the small hands comments that flooded the internet...

Let's not forget that the observation was first publicly made by Marco Rubio.
JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 02:42 pm
@hightor,
Let's not forget to focus on all the little inanities that are so common among the A2K intelligentsia, the folks who go above and beyond to avoid the truly important.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 02:50 pm
@hightor,
Okay, hightor, you have seen the huge photo of John Gross, NIST's 2nd in command touching the end of a previously molten/vaporized WTC steel beam on the last page of Bernie's M Trump and relevant ... .

That is from WTC7.
hightor

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 02:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well then, let's see if anyone tries that tactic and then we'll try to note how receptive the Democratic voters are. Lash contends that a lot of the anti-Sanders people are masking anti-semitic sentiment but that it originates in the DNC, not the black community. I wonder, should Sanders lose, if internet trolls will then take up his cause and start accusing the Democrats of wholesale anti-semitism, as if the only reason a Democrat would support someone other than Sanders is because he's an ethnic Jew.
hightor

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 03:16 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
a previously molten/vaporized WTC steel beam

Vaporized? And then it condensed in that form?
JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 03:17 pm
@hightor,
The usa has been using anti-semitism as just another of its political tools. The usa was as racist against Jews as Nazis were before WWII and going back a long way before that. Israel is just another country the usa is using to advance its geo-political interests a la Henry Kissinger and to project some more propaganda that it is kind and benevolent.

“America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests.” ― Henry Kissinger
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 03:22 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Vaporized? And then it condensed in that form?

Look at the picture, hightor. It's available exactly where I told you on the last page of Bernie's thread.

You can also see it at,

https://www.fema.gov/pdf/library/fema403_apc.pdf

===========

The following might also help you to understand. It certainly will give you nothing to attempt your usual diversions.

================
I-A. The 2002 FEMA Report
New York Times journalist James Glanz, writing near the end of 2001 about the collapse of WTC 7, reported that some engineers said that a “combination of an uncontrolled fire and the structural damage might have been able to bring the building down,” but that this “would not explain,” according to Dr. Barnett, “steel members in the debris pile that appear to have been partly evaporated in extraordinarily high temperatures.” [13]
Glanz was referring to Jonathan Barnett, a professor of fire protection engineering at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI). Early in 2002, Barnett and two WPI colleagues published an analysis of a section of steel from one of the Twin Towers, along with sections from WTC 7, as an appendix to FEMA’s 2002 World Trade Center Building Performance Study. [14] Their discoveries were also reported in a WPI article entitled “The ‘Deep Mystery’ of Melted Steel,” which said:

“[S]teel – which has a melting point of 2,800 degrees Fahrenheit [1538°C] – may weaken and bend, but does not melt during an ordinary office fire. Yet metallurgical studies on WTC steel brought back to WPI reveal that a novel phenomenon – called a eutectic reaction – occurred at the surface, causing intergranular melting capable of turning a solid steel girder into Swiss cheese.”

Stating that the New York Times called these findings “perhaps the deepest mystery uncovered in the investigation,” the article added:

“A one-inch column has been reduced to half-inch thickness. Its edges – which are curled like a paper scroll – have been thinned to almost razor sharpness. Gaping holes – some larger than a silver dollar – let light shine through a formerly solid steel flange. This Swiss cheese appearance shocked all of the fire-wise professors, who expected to see distortion and bending – but not holes.” [15]

In discussing “the deepest mystery,” the New York Times story said: “The steel apparently melted away, but no fire in any of the buildings was believed to be hot enough to melt steel outright.” [16] That was an understatement, because a building fire, even with a perfect mixture of air and fuel, could at most reach 1,000°C (1,832°F). [17] In fact, Professor Thomas Eagar of MIT estimated that the fires were “probably only about 1,200 or 1,300°F [648 or 704°C].” [18]
georgeob1

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 03:28 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I'm not intolerant as much as aghast by how one can support Bernie in spite of Bernie and everything he says about how important it is to refrain from unecessary infighting between candidates on the left of center. He's not saying this because he tries to play the 'gentleman' as falsely implied by Ed. Rather, he's aware that such friendly fire is political suicide, that it plays in the hand of Trump.

I largely agree with you here. My impression is that most of the 2nd tier Democrat candidates would like to see less backbiting among themselves in the debates - though many find it hard to restrain themselves in the midst of the fray. Sanders likely (and understandably) sees himself as the author and progenitor of the ascendant new left in the Democrat Party, and, from that perspective, his concern is more understandable. However, when the race gets tight, as it is now between Sanders and Warren, the competitive instincts of most politicians get more focused. There's not much anyone can do about that.

I believe that will continue, as will also the struggle between Biden and all the rest (or more accurately between him and the Sanders-Warren competition). Some weeks ago I forecasted a rapid decline in support for Biden, however that hasn't yet happened.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 03:34 pm
Okay for 1 and 2, if by 2 you mean Warren supported Clinton in 2016.

For 3 ("...one by one began adapting Sanders' ideas, presenting versions to call her own, but hedging so that in the general election she is able to move back to the center") that's the core of her proposal: a more flexible and economically-aware progressive than Bernie, more technical, and thus more likely to compromise. She's not shy about it nor should she be. It's an honest proposal.

4. I'd have to research that.

5. I don't think she was ever an avid republican, and certainly not the same type of republican than the modern-day type of Trump and co...

6. The pocahontas dirt... oh please... That's a total non-issue.

2. She is still in bed with Clinton.

3. She is not at all going to do a univeral healthcare proposal as president

5. She was an avid Republican.

6. It's not dirt to point out she totally avoided the Indians protesting the pipelines until there was enough buzz about it once she announced her candidacy. And lying about her race is not nothing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 03:38 pm
We all have our opinions how to run a campaign. The ones telling me I am doing it wrong have yet to prove that honesty is a bad idea.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 03:54 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Well then, let's see if anyone tries that tactic and then we'll try to note how receptive the Democratic voters are. Lash contends that a lot of the anti-Sanders people are masking anti-semitic sentiment but that it originates in the DNC, not the black community. I wonder, should Sanders lose, if internet trolls will then take up his cause and start accusing the Democrats of wholesale anti-semitism, as if the only reason a Democrat would support someone other than Sanders is because he's an ethnic Jew.

It doesn't have to be an overt tactic for it to take effect

I'm not suggesting it is such a tactic. Don't confuse me with Lash.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 04:01 pm
@georgeob1,
Have you ever played strategy board games like Risk or the more obscure but far superior Diplomacy? Especially with the later (because there is no luck involved whatsoever) friends and family will start the game with amiable alliances, but, eventually, to win, you must betray an ally. It sometimes leads to hard feelings. These are just board games. I really can't imagine that people that devote all that they are into winning, perhaps, the most prestigious contest of all are going to allow niceties to impede them when they are close to the finish line.

I don't think it has ever happened in the history of the world, but I could, of course, be wrong.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 04:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do you consider yourself to be one that holds to the truth, Edgar?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 04:40 pm
@JTT,
I don't know any of the people mentioned in the story. Never heard of them. And why are you using the lying, failing NY Times as a source?