maporsche

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 07:35 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Why??? And why agreeing to it with the father-in-law?

Because reading unhappy things makes a person unhappier. There is truth in the ignorance is bliss quote.

Additionally, there is much more to life than the day to day political goings-on and the infighting between progressives and liberals/democrats.

We both think it's well past time to disengage for a while. Why with the father-in-law is for accountability. It's often helpful to have an external reason to help support tough-to-keep decisions.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 08:10 am
@maporsche,
So you're going into rehab. Good for you. I rarely post on these political thread nowadays because I find it aggravating too.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 08:15 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
It's not about titties, per se, it's about randy talk. It has is place, but not in public.

Why not? What harm would be done to folks if one could freely speak of tits, dick and asses on radio? We all have these things, they are literally part of us, so what's so gross about them?
snood

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 10:51 am
@Olivier5,
You rarely post on these political threads nowadays? If this is rarely, what’s frequently?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 10:56 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
It's not about titties, per se, it's about randy talk. It has is place, but not in public.

Gay pride parades piss you off too?
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 11:24 am
@coldjoint,
They do have a place in public.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 11:37 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
They do have a place in public.

Yeah, nine year old drag queens are a good thing. Laughing Laughing Laughing
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 12:21 pm
@coldjoint,
So youre homophobic as well as islamophobic and racist. What a prize.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 12:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
So youre homophobic as well as islamophobic and racist.

Nothing homophobic about it. A nine year old's sexual preferences are bullshit. That child was brainwashed and incapable of making that kind of decision at his age. If you think indoctrinating children is okay, you have a problem, not me.

Also Islamophobia is a word designed to stop discussion and VERY legitimate criticism of Islam. What the religion says runs counter to what we hear and see and that should be a concern for anyone with any character.

Now, post one thing I said that makes me a racist. I'll wait, even though you never back anything up. Give it a try.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 02:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Hypocritical Christian rallies puss me off. You know, the ones that say first the Isralie state than Christ will return. If he exists he sure wouldent one of today's crooked republicans.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 03:46 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Why not? What harm would be done to folks if one could freely speak of tits, dick and asses on radio? We all have these things, they are literally part of us, so what's so gross about them?

Who's saying they're gross? Frank discussions about sex and our sexual organs is one thing. Randy talk about these things is another. The public airwaves is not its place.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 23 May, 2019 03:57 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
The internet isn't the same as freely receivable broadcast radio waves.

Actually there's no difference. Anyone with a device can read your titty talk, just like anyone with a radio can listen to Stern's titty talk...

Actually there is a difference. One doesn't only need a device. One needs access to the internet as well. It isn't as available as the public airwaves.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 12:33 am
@InfraBlue,
As Maporsche pointed out, Stern's show was broadcasted on pay-for XM radio. So it is exactly the same thing.

revelette1

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 09:14 am
@snood,

Quote:
I guess it’s fair and maybe necessary to add that Stern has been touting himself very lately as a reborn man - with fresh awareness, empathy and consciousness for his fellow humans. This from the same guy who chortled gleefully with Dotard Drumpf about how hot and desirable was Dotard’s daughter. The same guy who liked to grill white women in great detail on public radio about why they would date and sleep with black men. The list of his slime trolling over the decades is endless.

People are allowed to evolve. Perhaps he looked into his mirror and realized he didn't like what he saw late in life. Perhaps watching Donald Trump as President filled him with regret like it has done to other Bush fellow.

Moreover, I heard tell even Jeffery Dahmer repented towards his last. Who are we to say such folks are insincere?

Just saying. Hopefully won't bite my head off...
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 09:20 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
My father-in-law and I have decided to take a break from the news, politics, political podcasts for the 28 days leading up to the first Democratic debate.

For me, that means also giving up A2K from 5/29-6/26.

Honestly, it will be tough...the political sideshow has been a daily check-in for my life the last few years....but I can't say I'm not looking forward to the break.

I have tried that with little success over the years. I have found if I don't have an outlet for my political and other subject views, I tend to bring them up at the wrong times such as Facebook where everyone knows me and more than likely at least in my physical locality disagree with me. It's different when you have to live around people rather than anonymous people you can just shut off at will. But I wish you luck.

Edit: I suspect we have all areas where we get upset the most, while it is true, certain holier than thous gets on my nerves, I find reading those who defend Trump the most depressing and disillusioning posters from all my 20 years of posting and that includes the Bill Clinton years when I first started; and the Iraq war years.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 09:26 am
I might not agree with progressives mode of operation of taking no prisoners so to speak, but I like and approve much of Bernie Sanders ideas. His ideas on Social Security I like 100%.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/retirement/heres-how-bernie-sanders-wants-to-fix-social-security/ar-AABQCQG?ocid=spartanntp
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 10:58 am
@Olivier5,
Paying for XM radio is not the same thing as broadcasts made available through the public airwaves.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 11:52 am
@InfraBlue,
Anyway. I don't mean to say that radio should necessarily be trash all the time but one broadcast now and then, why not? They can't force anyone to tune in to it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 01:28 pm
@revelette1,
Very Happy
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 03:48 pm
Bernie Sanders

Verified account

@SenSanders
Follow Follow @SenSanders
More Bernie Sanders Retweeted ACLU
Let me be clear: it is a disturbing attack on the First Amendment for the Trump administration to decide who is or is not a reporter for the purposes of a criminal prosecution. Donald Trump must obey the Constitution, which protects the publication of news about our government.
0 Replies