Lash

1  
Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 06:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You’re never going to know what you decide not to know. I answered your questions the first time. You’re in denial—intentionally.

Lash

1  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 05:08 am
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/why-bernie-sanders-one-howard-075833956.html

Howard Stern tells Stephen Colbert why Bernie Sanders is his hero.

I love this story.
snood

2  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 05:42 am
@Lash,
A guy whose line of questions on national radio was characterized by “show us your tits”. A sterling endorsement.
maporsche

3  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 10:47 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
There is not a single country that has health care benefits as wide reaching as what Bernie has proposed. His Medicare for All plan is much greater than what even Medicare offers. It's not a Medicare plan at all, it's something new and something more expensive and expansive than any other country.

You're right about there not being a revolution. Media and especially social media has given a microphone to the very few (statistically speaking) who are seeking revolution.
Lash

1  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 11:32 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Some people value free speech. I do.
RABEL222

3  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 12:27 pm
@Lash,
Great. But this doesn't mean I have to give his opinion any value. The only time you agree with free speech is when it slavishly agrees with your opinions.
Sturgis

2  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 01:37 pm
@maporsche,
Medicare...more expensive than...

And until he can cobble together a comprehensive plan to explain how this will be paid for, it is little more than a pipe-dream. Albeit, a nice dream and interesting fodder for discussion of what the future of healthcare should be; but for now, unrealistic.

Lash

0  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 01:46 pm
@RABEL222,
You’re such an idiot. I hate Howard Stern’s show, but he was being attacked unfairly by the FCC and Bernie called the FCC out when no one else would speak up for Stern.

I speak up for people whose speech I hate as I’d want someone to do for me.
RABEL222

0  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 03:05 pm
@Lash,
Stern has his own radio show as did Trump. Bernie speaking out for him was more political b s which I thought St Bernie was above. Stern is a Trump lite.
Lash

1  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 04:00 pm
@RABEL222,
It was in defense of free speech. It matters to me.
coldjoint

1  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 04:24 pm
@Lash,

As it should. Remember people are subject to group think and that says only certain people can speak.

InfraBlue

1  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 04:25 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I'd rather Stern not be allowed to talk about women's titties through the public airwaves. It's not about free speech, it's about appropriateness.
coldjoint

2  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 04:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
it's about appropriateness.

You do not establish what is "appropriate". What part of that don't you understand?
Finn dAbuzz

1  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 05:32 pm
@hightor,
Are the progressives going to force individual savings plans?

Are they going to tighten up credit? (Not likely...Harris want to limit interests rates to 15%)

Are they going to demand that public schools provide HS students with classes on basic financial management?

If you spend more than you earn you are always going to be on the edge of financial ruin.

If 40% actually can't come up with $400 for emergencies it not because they can't help being paupers.

Democrats encourage financial irresponsibility by telling people it's not their fault and promising them more and more free things.
Lash

2  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 05:42 pm
@InfraBlue,
Then, turn it off.
RABEL222

0  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 06:43 pm
@Lash,
Too late. I turned him and the ones like him like lush Limbaugh years ago.

Lash

2  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 07:05 pm
This brilliant conversation reminds me of the firestorm of indignity that pervaded my sleepy rural little hometown when HBO hit our airwaves. The good people of the town petitioned my uncle the mayor to keep that trash from streaming into their homes.

He said, “If you want to keep those shows out of your homes, TURN IT OFF”

But some people aren’t satisfied not watching, hearing, or doing certain things. They want to make sure other people don’t either.

I hate those people.
InfraBlue

1  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 08:50 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

it's about appropriateness.

Hey look, Justin Trudeau!
InfraBlue

2  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 08:52 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Then, turn it off.

It shouldn't be available over the public airwaves in the first place. If you want it, pay for it.

InfraBlue

2  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 08:55 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I hate those people.

On HBO you pay to hear talk about and see women's titties. It is not broadcast freely.