snood

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 09:29 am
About wooing those “reachable” Fox viewers...

These people have stuck with Trump when he called Mexicans murderers and rapists.
They’ve stayed with him after he’s been exposed as a juvenile, immoral misogynist who has a whole life history of treating women like disgusting disposable commodities.

They wouldn’t let him go when he judged both the nazis and those present to protest them as equally “very good people” even when one side was responsible for murder.

They have cheered him on when he encouraged police to manhandle arrestees, and when he called the black NFL players protesting police brutality “sons of bitches”.

They’ve watched and ignored it as he openly encouraged Russian influence in our electoral system, and then denyed it and defended Putin against the efforts of US intelligence.

They see and deny his daily lying, his contempt for the rule of law and his thin-skinned, nonsense-tweeting character.
They watch silently as his tariffs and tax cuts cripple the lives of the middle and lower class.

They’ve heard about his fraudulent persona as a successful businessman, but they stick with him as he tries to stifle all efforts to expose the documentation that would prove he is a fraud.

They’ve seen all this along with the rest of the world, but still think of Trump as a good president and many even think him a good man.

These people, who religiously watch and listen only to Fox News for their information, because it is the only news organization that feeds them a steady diet of Pro-Trump propaganda...

These are the people you are saying that the Democratic candidates should pursue by going on a Fox News Network conducted “town hall”. As if these people who have continued their willfully ignorant belief in Trump can be swayed by two hours of someone answering screened questions. Are you really serious?

No, I don’t think it’s worth the effort, and I think Liz Warrendezerves praise for calling Fox News exactly what it is.
I think that effort would be much better spent firing up our base to vote en masse for blue no matter who.

Real Music

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 09:34 am
@snood,
Well stated.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 10:48 am
@Lash,
Funny. I don't feel humiliated. Even though the two geniuses of able 2 know, lash and George, since there are so many republican geniuses I had to name the two who think I should be humiliated. I think that I have the right to not feel humilated even though these two declare me so.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 12:20 pm
@snood,

Quote:
These people have stuck with Trump when he called Mexicans murderers and rapists.

That is a lie, he said some Mexicans are. I got news or you, some Americans are too.

Quote:
They wouldn’t let him go when he judged both the nazis and those present to protest them as equally “very good people”

Another lie, Trump was speaking of the people who were protesting our history being erased.
Quote:
They’ve watched and ignored it as he openly encouraged Russian influence in our electoral system

You must be speaking of the Obama administration.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 01:27 pm
@coldjoint,
Nonsense. Confederateo history is being glorified since thats what statues do and thats treason and inescapabbly pro slavery. The south hattedt american values. And those anti. Americans are the people trump called good.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 01:51 pm
@coldjoint,
Obama had nothing to do with rusdi1anmeddling. Ttump.loudly encoutaged putin. Maroon.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 03:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Obama had nothing to do with rusdi1anmeddling.

He did nothing to stop it, remember he was the president during the election. Trump was joking. A lot of Americans can still handle a joke, those that can't bitch.
Lash

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 03:58 pm
@snood,
People get a kick out of downgrading people they consider the enemy. You make that quite evident with your post. I think everybody knows who I consider the enemy. The Fox viewers are no better.

We all have plenty to vote against. That’s the American way.

But, give them something to vote for—and that will make all the difference.
Lash

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 04:46 pm
(𝕊𝕠𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝) 𝔻𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕪 ℕ𝕠𝕨! 🇺🇸
@IStandWithIlhan
·
6m
#StopTheBans If this is the size of crowd Bernie can draw in Birmingham Alabama, mass incarcerator and corporate stooge Biden is in deep trouble based on his weak launch in philly.
————————
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 05:32 pm
Bernie today in Birmingham AL. He starts speaking around minute 35...37?
https://youtu.be/VzLqpsVqyQk

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 05:46 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/news/2019/05/bernie-sanders-at-alabama-rally-on-sunday.html%3foutputType=amp

Sanders made his stop in Birmingham only days after the Alabama Legislature passed the most restrictive ban on abortion in the nation. Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signed it into law. As Sanders’ rally was underway protests of the ban had been held, were underway, or about to begin around the state.

Sanders at the rally urged men to stand behind women, because when “one person hurts, we all hurt.”

He also outlined his issues - economic, social, racial and political justice. He said he is also fighting for democracy. “If you don’t have the guts to compete in free, fair and open elections, get the hell out of politics.”

Sanders got a huge reaction when he listed his “radical” proposals of four years ago, including legalizing marijuana. “The establishment wants us to think small,” he says. “We are going to think big.”

Sanders also addressed a plan for health care for all of Americans. Drug costs would fall 50 percent and the minimum wage rise to 15 per hour, he said.

“Public colleges and universities will be tuition free,” Sanders said, and that he would work to address massive student loan debt.

Sanders said he also would end the cash bail system in the U.S., which keeps 400,000 in jail because they “don’t have 500 bucks.”

To pay for the programs Sanders said he would end President Donald Trump’s tax cuts and stop billions of dollars in military spending.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 05:59 pm
@snood,
Blue-no-matter-who says it all. Keep your eyes on the prize.
Lash

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 06:11 pm
Blue no matter who elects Republicans pretending to be Democrats who overturn abortion rights.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 06:23 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Keep your eyes on the prize.

That prize will be tyranny. The disregard for the citizen and individual by having a government that makes their decisions for them will be tyranny.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 12:55 am
@georgeob1,
For Nuristan, as they say in the movies, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you... :-)

For Islamism (as the modern political ideology is called), i believe your linking it to the horrors of colonization is rather superficial, and just another way to fault Europe. Islamism is simply the child of modern political organisation à la Lenin, meeting with the historical humiliation of colonisation, continued today by Western geopolitical dominance. In other words, Islamism stems from the very realisation that non-Muslims have moved very far ahead Muslims in modern times, and therefore Muslims need to get organized.

About Putin getting Trump elected, you're in denial, for transparent self-protection reasons.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 01:54 am
@Lash,
No turban for me, in Nuristan the pakol is in fashion. I still own a few.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 10:12 am
@coldjoint,
Kdllyannee conway always says trump waz jokingv whenever he ssys something particularly stupid or inflammatory or illegal and gets bashed for it. Doesnt wash. Exactly the sme level of vehemence and malevolence S his usual discourse.. It wS collusion at the top of his voice rather than the usual conspiracy in whispers. Lock him up
RABEL222

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 10:22 am
@MontereyJack,
He is king err I mean president. We couldent lock him up if he shot someone on Broadway in new York. Royal prerogative.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 12:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
For about 100 years, slavery was part of "American Values" That's the predicate for so many of the people who claim America was never very great!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 12:19 pm
@snood,
Quite a lot of misinformation here, but it made for a popular rant.
0 Replies