coldjoint

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2018 02:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Learn more about Kris Kobach and how he helped Trump steal the White House in 2016.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
mysteryman841

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2018 11:59 pm
I am gonna throw my two cents in here.
If the left, liberals, progressives, whatever the current name is, want to beat Trump, they have to stop shooting themselves in the foot.

When the leaders of the party openly call for haassment of admin officials whenever they ae in public, that crosses a line.
When the leaders of the party openly root for violence against the people that disagree with them, when they are seen as supporting
ILLEGAL immigrants over US citizens, when they call it crumbs when the taxpayer gets to keep more of their own money,etc. that all crosses a line.

By doing this, it tells the average voter that our wants or needs are unimportant and mean nothing the them.
And even if that is the case, openly bragging about it will only lose voters.

camlok

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 12:07 am
@mysteryman841,
Quote:
If the left, liberals, progressives, whatever the current name is, want to beat Trump, they have to stop shooting themselves in the foot.

All they have to do is let Trump shoot himself in the foot, ass, brain, ... .

It sure takes pretty stupid individuals to support a serial liar, a sexual predator, an idiot, a guy who can't put together a cogent thought, ... .

Hey, aren't those called conservatives?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 06:18 am
@mysteryman841,
mysteryman841 wrote:
are seen as supporting ILLEGAL immigrants over US citizens,

I'm not sure what you mean here specifically, but I know that there are situations where I'd choose to support PEOPLE (often Christian people) trying to better their lives and the lives of their children over some US citizens.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 06:21 am
@mysteryman841,
Assuming you are the same mysteryman of yore, welcome back!
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 06:43 am
@mysteryman841,
Welcome back, mm.

I agree totally with the first sentence.

Violence: both sides have indulged in it. Trump encouraged it when he offered to pay the legal cost of it. No liberal I have ever been cognizant of supports illegal immigrants over lawful citizens. They support ethical treatment for all. That includes everyone.

The tax cuts benefited the super rich, who solidified the stranglehold over democracy.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 06:45 am
Here is a thing that helps me warm to Beto O'Rourke'
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 06:58 am
Saw this headline just now. Ver-r-r-ry interesting --

GOP operative sounds apocalyptic warning on midterms: ‘The Republican Party looks like a criminal enterprise’
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 07:09 am
@edgarblythe,
No liberal I have ever been cognizant of supports illegal immigrants over lawful citizens. They support ethical treatment for all. That includes everyone.

You missed my point, I'm not saying that the left does, but that they are perceived as doing so.

Laws regarding sanctuary cities, allowing previously deported illegals to keep returning to this country with no penalties, San Francisco is considering allowing illegals to vote, etc.
The list goes on.

I don't think the left realizes that in this case perception is eality.
The left is seen as allowing or supporting all of these things, without doing anything to counter the perception.

IMHO, that is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot.
mysteryman841

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 07:10 am
@engineer,
I am, thank you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 07:30 am
@mysteryman841,
The perception is perpetuated by self serving politicians who play on the working man's feeling of being left out. Which the establishment dems are guilty of. They lost touch in that way. I don't have time to write more. Will be back in an hour or three.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 09:18 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The perception is perpetuated by self serving politicians who play on the working man's feeling of being left out. Which the establishment dems are guilty of. They lost touch in that way. I don't have time to write more. Will be back in an hour or three.

What I meant to say of the Dem party: They did let the working folks down. Because the ones who control the party are more interested in an upper echelon of Americans these days. They are not to be confused with the progressive type liberal which is the focus of my thread. I believe we can restore the party to its previous status, before the non progressives stepped in to usurp the party of the New Deal and standing in solidarity with workers. We can do it while reestablishing the goals of equality for minorities and ensuring health care for everybody.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:00 am
https://3drepw14r81maeu421dqauozkd-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/image-31.jpeg

How right you were Donald.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:06 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Do you recall the NYT said Trump would make a good president? Do you think they still feel that way?

Does Trump also get to change his opinion, or isn't he allowed like the NYT is?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:07 am
https://media.xogrp.com/images/3cbcc392-349a-48fb-b6ef-233983deeaee~rt_0-cr_0.4.646.327-rs_1024.h?compress=true

Best Buds.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:08 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Except Trump never said that. He would have been right on the money had he said it.

https://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/bogus-meme-targets-trump/
eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:11 am
@camlok,
Have you any non-evidence of that? and remember facts are fake and truth is not truth.
camlok

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:14 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Did I not give a source?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2018 11:00 am
@eurocelticyankee,
He didn’t say that
0 Replies