oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your statement only proves your ignorance.
Says the person who can't point out a single fact that I am wrong about.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Do you know anything about a) normal ports of entry, b) boats, c) airplanes, and d) tourist visa?
Yes.

cicerone imposter wrote:
How will a border wall that will cost tens of billions to build and maintain, help?
I never said it would. Dronestrikes are the answer.

Thermobaric explosives are essentially rocket fuel with a small charge to ignite it and send it spaying outward. The result is a brief fireball with a temperature of thousands of degrees. Gets the target nice and crispy -- full body third degree burns for everyone in the fireball.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:45 pm
Quote:
Your inhumanity proves your ignorance.

Your posts handle yours.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:45 pm
@oralloy,
Your inhumanity proves your ignorance.
Quote:
Dronestrikes are the answer.

Thermobaric explosives are essentially rocket fuel with a small charge to ignite it and send it spaying outward. The result is a brief fireball with a temperature of thousands of degrees. Gets the target nice and crispy -- full body third degree burns for everyone in the fireball.
oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 12:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your inhumanity
Don't be silly. America has every right to defend itself from people who try to murder us.

cicerone imposter wrote:
your ignorance.
As usual, you cannot point out a single thing that I am wrong about.

Quote:
They are excellent weapons. Nothing prevents a terrorist from murdering innocent people quite like full body third degree burns.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 01:14 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Nothing prevents a terrorist from murdering innocent people quite like full body third degree burns.

Remember terrorists do not consider these people innocent. Where do you think they learned that from?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 01:19 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
As usual, you cannot point out a single thing that I am wrong about.
Quote:
Your ignorance doesn't require an answer.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 01:20 pm
Quote:
What is the impact of the shutdown on government contractors and vendors?
Unlike federal employees, contractors have no history of pay being restored. There are an estimated 4.1 million people working on federal contracts; it’s not clear how many of them have been sidelined by the shutdown.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 01:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
it’s not clear how many of them have been sidelined by the shutdown.

What is clear, is how many dead Americans there are from illegals crimes. Some of those parents, family, and spouses of the dead are in Washington right now. I bet they would give up much more than two paychecks to get those loved ones back. What do you think?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 01:42 pm
Why does mainstream media hold progressives to higher standards than centrists?

@CNN
&
@MSNBC
have published many anti-Bernie & anti-Tulsi hit pieces, but say nothing about the controversial pasts of Kamala Harris & Beto O'Rourke.

Spread the scrutiny!
oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 03:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your ignorance doesn't require an answer.
Your failure to point out anything that I am wrong about shows that your accusations of ignorance are untrue.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 03:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your ignorance
Your failure to point out a single thing that I am wrong about continues.

cicerone imposter wrote:
doesn't require an answer.
Your failure to back up your claims shows that your accusations are untrue.

I couldn't decide which reply I liked better, so I decided to post both versions.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 04:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sexist tripe from another out of touch Centrist.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 04:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Because the owners of newspapers will have to let go of some money if the people win.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 05:13 pm
By the time they approve a $15 minimum wage it will need to be twenty or twenty five.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 06:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
By the time they approve a $15 minimum wage it will need to be twenty or twenty five.

By that time the government will be taking 19 to 24 dollars back in taxes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 06:12 pm
Bernie Sanders
@SenSanders
·
Saudi Arabia's crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, has been hailed as a progressive reformer. But his track record of imprisoning, torturing and murdering activists begs to differ. It's time that the U.S. and the international community hold this despotic regime accountable.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 06:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Not going to happen during Trump's presidency. That's a lesson all of us should have already learned.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 06:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It's time that the U.S. and the international community hold this despotic regime accountable.

Does he realize he has to call out Islam to do that? That religion justifies what they do. The same goes for Iran. I hope he pursues his point until he figures that out and hopefully many others do too.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 06:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
While the validity of a higher federal minimum wage will likely be argued for years to come, one thing is certain: some states have a higher cost of living than others. For instance, rent for a 1 bed, 1 bath apartment in New York City may run for a few thousand dollars, while a similar apartment in a different city may cost a few hundred dollars a month. Because of this discrepancy, many states are taking it upon themselves to increase their own minimum wage. Including Washington, D.C., here are the top 10 minimum wages in the United States in 2018: 1. Washington D.C – $13.25/hr
2. Washington – $11.50/hr
3. California (Tie) – $11.00/hr
4. Massachusetts (Ties) – $11.00/hr
5. Arizona (Tie) – $10.50/hr
6. Vermont (Tie) – $10.50/hr
7. New York – $10.40/hr
8. Colorado – $10.20/hr
9. Connecticut (Tie) – $10.10/hr
10. Hawaii (Tie) $10.10/hr Our city's minimum wage is $15/hour. The Sunnyvale City Council adopted an ordinance to increase Sunnyvale's Minimum Wage Rate to $15.00 per hour in 2018
livinglava

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 06:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

While the validity of a higher federal minimum wage will likely be argued for years to come, one thing is certain: some states have a higher cost of living than others. For instance, rent for a 1 bed, 1 bath apartment in New York City may run for a few thousand dollars, while a similar apartment in a different city may cost a few hundred dollars a month. Because of this discrepancy, many states are taking it upon themselves to increase their own minimum wage.

So basically you're saying that the government should support landlords charging high rents by raising wages, even though that will make it harder to hire more people while also stimulating price inflation overall?