Anti-ageing - StriVectin-SD

gollum

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:43 am
Does the product StriVectin-SD cause the individual to look younger?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 876 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 07:01 am
I recently had an operation on my hand that left a scar. The doctor wanted me to "break up" the scar tissue, (probably so that I would have better movement in my finger.) He told me to use either Vitamin E or Aloe, and rub in into the scar four times a day.

A big tube of aloe costs a few bucks. (I have an aloe plant outside, but found that it was a pain in the neck to keep cutting it). Cutting open a Vitamin E is OK, but the stuff is very sticky.

While I was looking for something to rub on, I found one of those "scar gels", in my drugstore. A small tube was about 10 bucks. The thing that IS nice about it, is that the tube has a rounded end, which is convenient for rubbing the stuff in.

As far as StriVectin-SD is concerned, it sounds like it was made for stretch marks, and probably scars. It seems like a lot of money, and an awful lot of trouble, and expense, for what?

I would bet that the only folks who end up looking younger are the makers of StriVectin-SD. That's 'cause they will all get plastic surgery with the money they will make selling the stuff! Laughing

Quote:
So What's the Catch? - There are three. First, although 93% of the subjects tested experienced significant reduction in stretch mark depth, length, feel, color, and texture, no topical formulation can completely eliminate stretch-mark damage. Second, at $135.00 for a 4-6 week supply, StriVectin SD is much less expensive than surgery, but it's not cheap. Finally, for maximum efficiency, StriVectin SD must be applied three times a day, every day, for 4-6 weeksÂ…

http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=1881
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 07:22 am
Phoenix -- Vitamin E is available as a salve. Most large drugstores, e.g.CVS, Walgreens etc., carry house brands simply labeled as Vitamin E Creme (or Cream).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 07:32 am
MA- My reason for using the Vitamin E straight from the capsule, was that it was pure vitamin, as opposed to something that has been mixed with fillers.

Anyhow, between the three things that I am using, I see a bit of a difference. I don't know whether the difference is from what I have been doing, or just the natural effect of healing. Stay tuned! Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 08:15 am
Phoenix, I'm sure what you're doing is helping. It takes time though. Another good one to rub in is cocoa butter. It comes in stick form like chapstick so you don't have to get it all over. My ob suggested cocoa butter after some abdominal surgery. It worked well.
0 Replies