How can I stop her from being a party goer?

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 02:16 am
When I went to a [mod edit] one time, I got to meet a so damn gorgeous woman who captures my heart right away. We introduced ourselves, exchanged mobile digits and hit it off. We decided to start dating after one week. For two months of dating subsequently, she officially became my girlfriend. This woman used to party real hard and it was fine with me at first. However, as time goes by, she would go clubbing almost every night and I hate it. Every time I tell her to stop going to parties, she gets mad at me. Some of my friends would come and tell me they saw my girlfriend in a bar which turns out finding myself at a particular bar looking for my stubborn girlfriend. I don’t want her to go to parties because there are tons of dumbass in there but she won’t listen to me. How should I tame her? How can I stop her from going to nightclubs?

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 05:29 am
@movieguy36,
You do not own her and you are not her husband. You have no right to tell her what she can or cannot do. In other words, you cannot stop her.

What you can do is talk to her and tell her that her lifestyle is concerning to you. Let her know how you feel and that you don't want to be constantly worried about her when she is out clubbing constantly. Maybe she will change. Maybe she will not. If not, then you will have to make a decision as to whether or not you wish to put up with her behavior.

Just curious, where are you when she goes clubbing every night? Also, you might want to examine the mixed message you may have been sending her. You were ok with her partying at first but now you are not. What changed for you? Maybe it is just time to walk away.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 07:26 am
What is your understanding about your relationship? Sounds like she is just dating you - no promise of exclusivity.

How can she party EVERY nite? Does she work? Are you paying sny of her bills?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 07:44 am
@movieguy36,
Quote:
How should I tame her?

You don't. She's an adult (I presume or at least a older teenager or young adult with her own autonomy or self-agency). Either give her an ultimatum or dump her. Tame her?! What are you? Some misogynist from the 1900s?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 12:13 am
@movieguy36,
Quote:
This woman used to party real hard and it was fine with me at first.

1. Are you saying she used to party real hard?
2. Or are you saying she never stopped partying hard?

If she is doing what she has always been doing, you already knew what she was all about when you started dating her.
If this is a new behavior that started happening after you two started dating, then you might have reasons to complain.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 05:34 pm
@movieguy36,
movieguy36 wrote:

How should I tame her?

If you want to tame anything get a cat!

Get out of her life so she can find a real man!
CosCom Love

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 10:24 pm
@movieguy36,
Join her. That is the condition in which you met her
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2018 01:09 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

movieguy36 wrote:

How should I tame her?

If you want to tame anything get a cat!

Get out of her life so she can find a real man!

Don't know much about cats, do you?
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2018 10:57 pm
The old ways are best, a whip and a chair, and always keep your pistol half-cocked.

JE T'AIME

0 Replies

now what

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 01:49 am
@movieguy36,
She is using you, just keeping you while she keeps looking for something better &/or sleeping around. Since she knows it bothers you & keeps doing it, unless you are a masochist or it turns you on - leave her.
0 Replies