Age gap

Xiuzhen

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 04:33 pm
Me and my friend met 4 guys at a festival. We are 18 years old and they are 28-30 yrs old. 2 guys of them were into me but bc my friend has a bf she didnt responded to the signals. On the other hand, I am single. I kinda like him and he likes me. We text each other (also share a groupchat with all 6 of us). But I dont know if I should like move forward. I never had a boyfriend, I am a virgin and even never kissed someone. Do I want to experience that with someone who did everything already? Is it fair to the both of us? Maybe he wants to settle by know but maybe I dont want one boy my whole life. He sents signals that he wants me but I dont know if I should say I only want to be friends or smjust go with the flow and see were it leads. I am probably worrying too much about it but right now I dont know what to do. My friend says I should go for it but honestly she does it with everyone so I dont trust all her advices that she gives me Wink
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,632 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 04:34 pm
@Xiuzhen,
Has he asked you out ? have you asked him out?
Xiuzhen

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 04:41 pm
@ehBeth,
He kinda asked me too go to a cafe but I am going on vacation for three weeks so I declined with that reason.

But I actually want advice if its smart to go for it. I cant talk about that with my parents bc I actually dont know how open they would be about the age gap. Btw my guyvis 28yrs old.

Edit: I would even like too ask him out next time. But I want too know how to make it as neutral as possible. Maybe I want to date or maybe just a fling and just kiss an experienced person.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 04:51 pm
@Xiuzhen,
You don't have time for a cafe get-together before you leave?

I'd say to at least meet him once, briefly, and a cafe date is perfect.

He seems a bit old but you never know. He might become a friend or a boyfriend. There is no way of knowing without a mini-get together.

Afternoon/early evening get-togethers are best as you can make them brief and on neutral ground.
Xiuzhen

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 04:54 pm
@ehBeth,
I have to work tomorrow and the day after and with my time free I have too help packing. Btw he lives like an hour drive from me so we wont like meet up for an hour bc that would be less than one of us would be driving.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 09:08 pm
I think 10 years is too much of an age difference.

Would you be as hesitant if he was 18?

Find a young man whom you can grow together with. A 28 year old should not be hanging with an 18 year old girl who has not had experience with men before.

Xiuzhen

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 01:39 pm
@PUNKEY,
He doesn’t know that I am unexperienced. And we didn’t knew our ages when we met.
0 Replies