My boyfriend overthinks a lot. What should I do?

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 02:22 am
My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for 3 months now. We’ve never been in a serious fight since we try hard not to get into any arguments. But just last night, after him knowing that I am joining a contest to win a free tour to the States, he was both saddened and mad. He overthinks that I might find someone there and leave him. I already assured him that if I won, I’ll not be entertaining anybody in the States. I also told him that there will be a total of 10 people going so he doesn’t need to worry. But still, he insists. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,064 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 02:26 am
@juliegurl27,
Thinking is fine; jealous isn't terrible, but he is being suspicious. Do you think he will ever get over it, or are you prepared to live with it?

Good luck on the contest, by the way.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:05 pm
That must be hard on you to feel as though you must take care of this young man’s emotions because he has such low self esteem.

He cant even be happy for you! Or encourage your efforts.

Be mindful of his character.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 01:50 pm
I wonder why the OP and her BF have to try so hard not to have arguements when they've only been together 3 months.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 04:42 pm
@juliegurl27,
Is there a reason he can't try to win the same prize?

And if you don't win? then what? a disagreement over nothing.

__

you've been together for 3 months. you might be together in 3 weeks or 3 months or maybe not. it's still a new relationship. both of you can work on relaxing a bit.
chai2

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 06:24 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

And if you don't win? then what? a disagreement over nothing.

Ha! You're so right.

Hadn't thought of that.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 10:09 am
@juliegurl27,
Not knowing your relative ages. Your boyfriend seems pretty immature emotionally. What should you do? Reevaluate the relationship. Possible solution is to move on without him.

That free tour sounds like an amazing opportunity that only someone who is pretty petty and resentful would keep you from taking part (if you are so lucky...).
0 Replies