The US and breastfeeding.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 10:47 am
@maxdancona,
The topic in hand being that you were surprised that Trump favoured big business over nursing mothers.

Where the **** have you been for the last two years?
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 12:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Trump is actively (qnd "under the cover of night") working to roll back many ag safety rules that affect the ag industry (It a cynical payback to industrial farming). Rules against allowing children workers (not yet entirely banned) from being affected by spray chemicals and noxious plants (like nicoteana), that were tightened up during the Obaama years, are planned for roll- back o that kids can work in tobacco fields and suffer tobacco sickness(unless Congress finds its balls).

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 01:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Some of Europe's fears are not backed up by science.
Which ones are you referring?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:30 pm
@farmerman,
GMOs are the obvious answer... and talcum powder.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:36 pm
@maxdancona,
So absolutely nothing about food additives. I didn't mention gmos or talcum powder I spoke about food additives. That's what you challenged, and it turns out you have nothing at all. You were just making **** up off the top of your head like you always do.

Do you know a real scientist who can explain the difference between food additives and talcum powder?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:48 pm
@maxdancona,
For the record, talcum powder is widely used in Europe.
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 04:06 am
@Olivier5,
as a food additive, talc is used quite a bit in pharma (as pill polishes and "gliidants". Its also a bulking agent. Im not so certain that "Asbestos free" talc exists as everyone says.
BOUT 30 YEARS ago my then young company did a series of studies for the asbestos industry after the "asbestos free" talc was required in the late 1970's and found quite a bit of variability in presences of bothasbestos or "asbestiform" mineralogy.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 04:20 am
@farmerman,
I guess GMOs would have to be consiered but I was more interested in the sppecific additives that EU bans and we dont. Theres really a bigass list I believe. Eu has really much tighter controls on their foodstuffs because they are more a "buy local" mentality.But even they dont know what slips past em. The rules about concentrations and enforcement are kinda weak the world over.

Were just like Trump, open mouthed and somehow celebratory of our dumb-ass moves

we pick stuff unripe and then spray it in the train with ethylene dibromide and retardants just for our veggies and fruits.

farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 04:27 am
@farmerman,
My concern about Trump defunding some of Obamas Ag rules are that hes doing this without any conscience. He wants to rescind th requirements about kids working in tobacco fields.
Nicotine poisoning leads to many chronic ( and possibly long-term acute) diseases that start with 10 year old kids working in tobacco fileds (gloveless and without any pprotection).

We have our biggest tobacco growers being the AMISH. They really dont care about our fancy rules protect kids and now Trump wants to cement it for the whole tobacco industry. Tobacco is still a "hands -on" ag industry, and its quite a dangerous one.

0 Replies