I've never dated a girl before, but i'm pretty into her. Should I go for it?

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2018 07:41 pm
So I do summer swim with this club, and hit it off with this girl, surprisingly. I wasn't really looking for anyone, but she's funny, likes vines and memes (what more could a girl ask for) she asks me questions, instead of ignoring me like any guy that I had previously been interested in. But the thing is, I don't have a long history of dating. I've dated ONE guy, plus I'm now a senior in highschool, and I'm no longer interested in anyone from my highschool. But I have basically ZERO relationship experience, plus i'm not even sure if she's into girls, or even into me. Should I be blunt with her? Because we don't even go to the same school, so I might not see her after this summer. Or should i just ride the waves and see if they take me into a relationship with her?
Halp
A baby gay in dire need here.

View best answer, chosen by LollipopRainbow
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 04:24 am
@LollipopRainbow,
I would say this whether you were male or female (or nonbinary), and regardless of her gender: go for it.

Ask, "Hey, can we get a soda (or coffee)?"

It's less blunt than a specific request for a date. You need to be a bit subtle because, like you said, you don't know if she likes girls. So you need to give her some plausible deniability.

Go (assuming she says yes). Laugh, talk, drink your beverages, etc. At the end of it, if you had a good time, say something like, "I had a really great time. Can we make the next one a real date?"

And see what she says. It might be: "I'd love to!" Or "Sorry, but I've got a girlfriend." Or "Sorry, I'm not into girls but I had a really nice time too and I'm glad we're friends." Or lots of other things. But if she's a great as you say, then she'll be kind about it if the answer is anything but "I'd love to!"

You can do eet!
LollipopRainbow

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:55 pm
@jespah,
Thank you for help. I've always been kinda nervous making the first move, but thank you for giving me confidence. Wish me luck!
jespah

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 06:08 pm
@LollipopRainbow,
Name your first kid after me! Wink
0 Replies