A POX ON LOVE! So there!

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:32 am
Oh, thank you, Deb & Montana! It IS worthy of congratulations, too! Now, whenever I'm down or miserable, I'll only have ME to blame! Laughing I hated that feeling that I'd lost part of myself because such a significant relationship ended.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:34 am
dlowan wrote:
Actually, I have to agree with you.

Romantic lerve certainly gets the synapses snapping - and wakes you up good and proper - and makes for fantastic sex - but it IS madness.

I don't know as my nerves could stand it again.

Laughing Exactly!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:35 am
LOL Olga. You go girl :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:37 am
I see so many posters on threads, here at A2K ... folk suffering, agonising, worrying ... all over LOVE! I sympathize like mad & quietly think: Hell, I don't want to go THERE again! Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:43 am
Yes - it sure mobilises all our unresolved crap, no? Our attachment stuff - all that.

Can be very healing, too - if it is able to negotiate the rapids to a real relationship - I am speaking very professionally here!

Always takes me forever to recover from a bout of it...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:51 am
Yes, indeed, Deb!

During my "angst process" I did my bit of counselling/therapy ... It is SO deflating to discover that this larger than life LURVE feeling is actually something to do with your attachment (or lack of) to your parents. Shocked Evil or Very Mad Something from when you were really small & helpless. Sheesh!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:03 am
Lol - well - that and a toxic brew of hormones and chemicals - all designed, as far as I can tell - to keep two people together until the kid can walk well.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:05 am
Yes, but this misfortune can strike 90 year olds! Is that fair, I ask?
0 Replies

duce

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:04 am
Ahh!! But it is the nectar of the Gods. A Wonderful elixer.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:30 pm
Sometimes, sometimes .... if you're in the mood! :wink:
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:39 pm
You love her, but she loves him, and he loves somebody else, you just can't win. And so it goes until the day you die, this thing they call love is gonna make you cry...

LOVE STINKS

J. Geils Band, 198?

Olga, this stuff about love being about our attachment issues with our parents from when we were kids...huh? How does that work? Love is about missing your parents, or something? Is that true?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:52 pm
According to my counsellor I definitely had "issues"! :wink: Apparently unconsciously (of course!) choosing a type of (unfortunate for me) relationship that resembled one from early childhood. Dammit, I spent close to 20 years reliving the the miseries of my life with my mother! Shocked Now how romantic is THAT?!
0 Replies

Disco

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 01:36 am
I think love is a feeling you get with someone that's undenyable. It isn't mere infatuation but rather you grow with the person, until one day something sparks.

I broke up with my g/f months ago, but I wouldn't trade those times for anything. You grow with each relationship you are in and really it teaches you about yourself as a person. I've discovered so much by being with her, it's unimaginable. I look back now and see and the mistakes Ive made but also everything I've done right.

Don't get me wrong, it hurt like hell for a while. But I think it's best to see it as a period of growth. There's my 2 cents Smile
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 03:44 am
i'm trying to get past a relationship that ended with a broken heart on my side. AFter five months I finally took a call from her and the wound felt fresh. I keep telling myself that it's normal, and that these feelings will pass with time. It's hard when your mind is trying to tell you one thing and your heart/feelings deside not to listen.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:49 am
Disco wrote:
I think love is a feeling you get with someone that's undenyable. It isn't mere infatuation but rather you grow with the person, until one day something sparks.

I broke up with my g/f months ago, but I wouldn't trade those times for anything. You grow with each relationship you are in and really it teaches you about yourself as a person. I've discovered so much by being with her, it's unimaginable. I look back now and see and the mistakes Ive made but also everything I've done right.

Don't get me wrong, it hurt like hell for a while. But I think it's best to see it as a period of growth. There's my 2 cents Smile

Yes, that does happen & it seems it did in this case, Disco.

But there is also the variety that can make you feel diminished & stuffed .... for ages! THAT type I can definitely do without! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:55 am
Tenoch wrote:
i'm trying to get past a relationship that ended with a broken heart on my side. AFter five months I finally took a call from her and the wound felt fresh. I keep telling myself that it's normal, and that these feelings will pass with time. It's hard when your mind is trying to tell you one thing and your heart/feelings deside not to listen.

Aw, I'm sorry that's happened to you, Tenoch. I do understand about that heart/mind battle. Though it mightn't feel like it for a while, that DOES pass. It did for me & it will for you. Very Happy

Good luck!
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 11:55 am
msolga wrote:
Tenoch wrote:

Aw, I'm sorry that's happened to you, Tenoch. I do understand about that heart/mind battle. Though it mightn't feel like it for a while, that DOES pass. It did for me & it will for you. Very Happy

Good luck!
That's just the thing. I've gotten over another girl before I felt the same way about. I know it's going to happen, you just can't do nothing about it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:43 am
Tenoch

Then best to get enthusiastically involved in something else altogether! Makes the time pass much more enjoyably! Very Happy
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 05:56 am
These days I try to keep my relationships more like friendships.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:39 am
That's interesting, theantibuddha .... Could you elaborate a bit?
0 Replies