A POX ON LOVE! So there!

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 03:51 am
I have decided (after much experience & relentless thought! Cool ) that romantic love is a form of delusional insanity. A pox on LURVE! It might be a blessing to never again be so blighted again!

Anyone else agree?

Feel free to tell your tale here!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,094 • Replies: 53
No top replies

the prince

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:01 am
I agree.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:02 am
repeat post deleted.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:02 am
Yes! Yes! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:06 am
What do you get when you fall in love?
A guy with a pin to burst your bubble
That's what you get for all your trouble.
I'll never fall in love again.

What do you get when you kiss a guy?
You get enough germs to catch pneumonia.
After you do, he'll never phone you.

Don't tell me what is all about,
'Cause I've been there and I'm glad I'm out,
Out of those chains, those chains that bind you
That is why I'm here to remind you

You get enough tears to fill an ocean
That's what you get for your devotion.

You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
So, for at least until tomorrow,
I'll never fall in love again!
I'll never fall in love again!

Don't tell me what it's all about
`Cause I've been there and I'm glad I'm out
Out of those chains, those chains that bind you
That is why I'm here to remind you. (here to mind you) 3x
You only get lies and pain and sorrow
So, for at least, until tomorrow
I'll never fall in love again
Oh, I'll never fall in love again

Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:52 am
... let's just make a brand new start.
Separate & stay apart.
I've had enough of having & holding.
I'd rather be lonely.

(Loudon Wainwright)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:55 am
Yep yep! I'm hearin ya Olga.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:57 am
But is there any deep insight you wish to add, Montana? :wink:
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:00 am
After 35 years of marriage I was divorced. This happened four years ago. Not long after the divorce I was having dinner with two of my sisters. The eldest said something unclomplimentary about my ex. My younger sister was shocked as she and the ex are really close. I told the older sister that if I had known 35 years before that it would end that way, I'd do it all over again. I can't imagine giving up all those great memories.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:13 am
That's really nice, bobsmythhawk! Very Happy

But please don't misunderstand! I'm not talking of being bitter & twisted here. I'm thinking of all that time spent in anticipation, agony, elation, dejection, rejection, attraction .... etc, etc, etc ...... all those hours & all that energy spent on romantic love! The "romantic" bit is what I'm talking about. (Not the "love" bit!) I reckon being in the throes of romantic love is a form of craziness! Thank god it passes & some form of sanity returns before too long! :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:16 am
Lol! Had a first anniversary on Monday...heehee....

Wonder if there will be a second?

Now - what has happened to draw this philippic, Msolga?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:19 am
msolga wrote:
But is there any deep insight you wish to add, Montana? :wink:

Well, I'm sure you know all about my life long emotionally draining love life, but I'll give you some quick thoughts.

I've loved several men in my life and even though there are only a few that I truly regret. The thing that bothers me is that when I first start to fall for a guy, the feeling is so intense I'd feel like I was in heaven, but then when the novelty wears off, things tend to change and I end up with a broken heart.
I suppose it's because I haven't met the right guy, but maybe I expect too much. I don't think I do because I've heard men and women describe their relationships with their spouses and they are describing what I want. Unfortunately, I haven't been fortunate enough to find what I've been looking for, so I've stopped looking. If that right guy comes along, then cool, but if not, I'd rather be alone than to settle for anything less.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:21 am
Actually, I have to agree with you.

Romantic lerve certainly gets the synapses snapping - and wakes you up good and proper - and makes for fantastic sex - but it IS madness.

I don't know as my nerves could stand it again.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:23 am
dlowan wrote:

Actually, Deb, a feeling of sheer joy & relief that I'm finally over "IT"! Very Happy
It dawned on me the other day. Idea It's history! Hooray! It's like recovering from a deadly serious ailment! Phew! Made it!Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:23 am
msolga wrote:

But please don't misunderstand! I'm not talking of being bitter & twisted here. I'm thinking of all that time spent in anticipation, agony, elation, dejection, rejection, attraction .... etc, etc, etc ...... all those hours & all that energy spent on romantic love! The "romantic" bit is what I'm talking about. (Not the "love" bit!) I reckon being in the throes of romantic love is a form of craziness! Thank god it passes & some form of sanity returns before too long! :wink:

LOL Olga! I'm opposite. I love the romantic part and what I hate is when that goes away.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:25 am
bobsmythhawk wrote:
After 35 years of marriage I was divorced. This happened four years ago. Not long after the divorce I was having dinner with two of my sisters. The eldest said something unclomplimentary about my ex. My younger sister was shocked as she and the ex are really close. I told the older sister that if I had known 35 years before that it would end that way, I'd do it all over again. I can't imagine giving up all those great memories.

Yay!!! Well said!!!

I find it so awful and tragic when people have some great times with someone, then spend years in rancid bitterness because it ends badly - or just ends, as though that makes the good meaningless. Life ends too - often with pain and distress.

I don't think that, because something ends, that, if there were good times, that we ought not to celebrate it.

I understand WHY people get stuck like that - but it is foolish.

Much kudos to you!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:26 am
.... And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, DEB!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:26 am
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Actually, Deb, a feeling of sheer joy & relief that I'm finally over "IT"! Very Happy
It dawned on me the other day. Idea It's history! Hooray! It's like recovering from a deadly serious ailment! Phew! Made it!Very Happy

Congratulations!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:28 am
Yes, Congrats to you Olga and Happy Anniversary Deb :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:29 am
Montana wrote:
msolga wrote:

LOL Olga! I'm opposite. I love the romantic part and what I hate is when that goes away.

Oh, I figured THAT out, Montana! :wink: The trouble is, when it DOES vanish, well that's hideous...... I plan to avoid it at all costs from now on! Razz
0 Replies