The Invasion of Iraq was Justified - From Another Thread

dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:49 pm
Even with my 8th grade education I find the logic above to be simply amazing. (sure glad I didn't continue my education)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:49 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Who said anything about "veto rights?" We have all the rights to defend ourselves from foreign attack. It does not give us the right to justify an aggressive attack on another sovereign nation on the basis of false intelligence.

Whether some part of the intelligence was wrong or not, even just the superficial aspects of the situation that are a part of the historical record were grounds enough for invasion.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:50 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Even with my 8th grade education I find the logic above to be simply amazing. (sure glad I didn't continue my education)

Sounds like the last refuge of a debater who cannot produce a reasoned defence of his viewpoint.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:51 pm
old europe wrote:
preemptive attack = self defense?

If that were true, poor USA!

If an evil madman is developing WMD, a pre-emptive attack is certainly self-defense. This is obvious just on the face of it.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:53 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
... even just the superficial aspects of the situation that are a part of the historical record were grounds enough for invasion.

I know one country that once used nukes. On civilians. Now it is developing new nukes. No international inspectors are allowed in.

I think we should attack.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:56 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
If an evil madman is developing WMD, a pre-emptive attack is certainly self-defense. This is obvious just on the face of it.

Brandon9000 wrote:
...even just the superficial aspects of the situation that are a part of the historical record were grounds enough for invasion.

I know many people who would characterize Bush as an evil madman. But, that's of course just superficial aspects of the situation that are a part of the historical record.

And, that's of course just THEIR opinion.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 12:02 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Who said anything about "veto rights?" We have all the rights to defend ourselves from foreign attack. It does not give us the right to justify an aggressive attack on another sovereign nation on the basis of false intelligence.

Whether some part of the intelligence was wrong or not, even just the superficial aspects of the situation that are a part of the historical record were grounds enough for invasion.

Danger! the V'GER entity is beginning to emit smoke...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 12:12 pm
Where there's smoke...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:16 pm
parked behind a car today that burst into flames. I just parked elsewhere. But thinking about it I should have done something, at least shot the driver.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:25 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
parked behind a car today that burst into flames. I just parked elsewhere. But thinking about it I should have done something, at least shot the driver.

I didn't think Brits had guns.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:28 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

I think that when a car has the potential to burst into flames the correct pre-emptive action is to set it on fire.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:34 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

I think that when a car has the potential to burst into flames the correct pre-emptive action is to set it on fire.

??

I thought the right way was: stuff it with dynamite - make a show about how it has the potential to burst into flames - set it on fire!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:35 pm
You are right, old europe. Clearly I was thinking small.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:40 pm
Well it wasn't a problem in the end. There was space to park nearby. So all's well that ends well.

The car? Who cares. Heard some sirens later as I drove off.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:53 pm
You definitely have NO agenda to pacify and bring democracy to burning cars, Steve!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:56 pm
Its just a question of priorities Smile
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 02:40 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Good one, Duck.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 03:23 pm
Yea, FreeDuck, I second McTag's one-liner post. Wink
Do we have any more "potential bursts of fire" that we can preemptively reduce to smitherines?
0 Replies