The Invasion of Iraq was Justified - From Another Thread

McTag

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:27 am
Everyone must answer to the law. The thing I most deplore is the hypocrisy, and lying to Parliament.
And poor Dr Kelly, the weapons expert. He was so disturbed that a war was to be initiated on evidence supplied partly by him, and then altered, he took his own life. It seems.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:11 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
I doubt it.

It was a frivilous comment on your part, and you know you can't back it up.

Just wouldn't be a fair fight, I graduated from the 8th grade.

So? I have a BS and MS in Physics. What's the point? A statement of opinion should be judged on its merits or lack thereof, not based on its origin.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:17 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
I doubt it.

So? I have a BS and MS in Physics. What's the point? A statement of opinion should be judged on its merits or lack thereof, not based on its origin.

Like I said above, it wouldn't be a fair fight.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:21 pm
gravy wrote:
...I find just persistent repetition. I realize now that arguing wether or not WMD justifies the war already gives credence to WMD as an issue...

I agree that the Invasion did resolve the "WMD issue"; by verifying it being a non-factor trumpetted fear-tactic to incite paranoia in a public at a time of vulnerability, which is shameless. Whether or not the administration foolishly believed, or pretended cynically, they proceeded to create a crescendo of threat formation from Iraq that fit their timeline and goals (all the while the world, as well as internal admin sources were pointing out the disconnection of the rhetoric from reality).

The administration's careful orchestration led the majority of Americans to believe erroneously that war was necessary because otherwise doomsday was imminent. Majority of Americans also felt a viceral need to retaliate based on misinformation tactics alluding to Iraqi culpability/connection to the 9/11 attacks.

The reason why the invasion was necessary was that there was a perfectly real chance that Hussein was continuing to hide his WMD and WMD programs, as he had before. These are weapons that can kill on a colossal scale and can easily be smuggled into the US and detonated from within. Faced with a plausible chance of Hussein with significant and effective WMD at some unknown time in the near future, we had no choice for our own safety but to find out for sure.

gravy wrote:
Without selling us on the imminence of a mushroom cloud, while tacitly misleading us of a 9/11 connection, there would be no majority popular support...some of us still seem quite smittened by the sell-job.

Bush never, ever said that Hussein had a planning or implementation role in 9/11. Any significant possibility that a latter day Hitler might acquire weapons so powerful that even one use of one could hurt us tremendously worse than 9/11 had to be resolved with certainty. The danger was real, and will arise over and over again in the future, as WMD continue to come within the possible grasp of dictators and terrorists.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:21 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
I doubt it.

You can speak more plainly than this, I presume.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:23 pm
McTag wrote:
Everyone must answer to the law. The thing I most deplore is the hypocrisy, and lying to Parliament.
And poor Dr Kelly, the weapons expert. He was so disturbed that a war was to be initiated on evidence supplied partly by him, and then altered, he took his own life. It seems.

Just a general knowledge of the situation and history was enough to justify the invasion, quite apart from any specific evidence presented, or what any particular individual said about it.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:28 pm
McTag wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Just a general knowledge of the situation and history was enough to justify the invasion, quite apart from any specific evidence presented, or what any particular individual said about it.

Bloody hell! Good job, McTag, you triggered a new response from Brandon! I haven't seen that one before!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:34 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
I doubt it.

I think, for someone with an 8th grade education I speak quite plainly, with your MS in Physics I was pretty sure I wasn't going over your head.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:41 pm
Geez, dyslexia, I'm getting vertigo just watching the quoters quote the quoters.

I think I'm gonna get dizzy now and throw up.

Laughing
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:58 pm
Quote:
Bush never, ever said that Hussein had a planning or implementation role in 9/11.

No, he didn't. But he and Cheney continuously insisted that there was a working relationship between Saddam and Al Qaeda, when there was not.

Despite the 9/11 Commission report saying there is no evidence Iraq was providing significant support to al Qaeda, 75% of Bush supporters believe Iraq was providing substantial support to al Qaeda (30% of Kerry supporters), with 20% believing that Iraq was directly involved in 9/11.1 Sixty-three percent of Bush supporters even believe that clear evidence of this support has been found, while 85% of Kerry supporters believe the opposite.

Why do you think that, Brandon? Or are you in agreement with the Democrats on this issue?

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Pres_Election_04/Report10_21_04.pdf
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:04 pm
To the best of my knowledge Bush never said he could count to ten without taking his socks off, but I believe most voters think he can.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:13 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:53 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
I doubt it.

I think, for someone with an 8th grade education I speak quite plainly, with your MS in Physics I was pretty sure I wasn't going over your head.

I think dys does just fine with his 8th grade education. It shows in the majority of his posts.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:05 pm
good one mcg, I applaud your wit.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:07 pm
Laughing

Boy, for an 8th grade edumacation, dyslexia seems to do a fine job in bringing out the BS and MS ad nauseaum from the likes of McGentrix and Brandon...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:13 pm
Will somebody please tell me how you put a user's name in place of "quote" when one is creating a quote? I'd sure as heck appreciate it...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:23 pm
I have an 8th grade diploma in Meta-Physical Science with a specialty in Theosophy as well as a career in government service. As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him wear swimming trunks.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 07:48 pm
Dookiestix

You can quote someone by going to the entry you want to quote, and pressing the "quote" button somwhere in the upper righthand of the entry.

OR by using the quote tag
Quote:
and
, and in the opening tag say quote="golden lemur", or whoever you want the quote to be from.
0 Replies

gravy

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 07:49 pm
golden lemur wrote:
Will Dookiestix read this? Hope it helped.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 11:15 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:
Bush never, ever said that Hussein had a planning or implementation role in 9/11.

No, he didn't. But he and Cheney continuously insisted that there was a working relationship between Saddam and Al Qaeda, when there was not.

Despite the 9/11 Commission report saying there is no evidence Iraq was providing significant support to al Qaeda, 75% of Bush supporters believe Iraq was providing substantial support to al Qaeda (30% of Kerry supporters), with 20% believing that Iraq was directly involved in 9/11.1 Sixty-three percent of Bush supporters even believe that clear evidence of this support has been found, while 85% of Kerry supporters believe the opposite.

Why do you think that, Brandon? Or are you in agreement with the Democrats on this issue?

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Pres_Election_04/Report10_21_04.pdf

Just trying to keep the record straight. Bush did not attribute 9/11 in whole or part to Iraq.
0 Replies