The wall

izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 11:09 am
@mysteryman841,
mysteryman841 wrote:

So that means we don't build it?
If stopping one illegal immigrant saves a persons life, its worth it.

Why don't you apply that logic to gun control?
mysteryman841

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 11:44 am
@izzythepush,
For the same reason the anti gun people don't apply that logic to the wall.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 11:55 am
@mysteryman841,
That's no answer. It actually works with gun control, but it doesn't work with the Wall. It's based on a false premise that illegal aliens commit more murders than other groups. It's wrong, they're more likely to be the victims of crime.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:00 pm
@mysteryman841,
Gun control is the same thing as anti-gun?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:00 pm
@izzythepush,
You are correct: Illegal immigrants commit less violent crimes. https://www.businessinsider.com/undocumented-aliens-violent-crime-murder-statistics-data-2018-8?IR=T
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:02 pm
@izzythepush,
I am not saying that illegal immigrants are committing more murders. BUT, if they commit one, that's one that could have been prevented if the border was secure.

And your argument doesn't work with gun control, because criminals don't care about the law.
They would not turn over their guns anyway, only the law abiding gun owner would.

While I am not in favor of a brick and mortar wall along the entire border, I am in favor of tightening the border as much as possible.

IMHO, the dems have stated how they feel about border security by calling people like me "deplorable" and calling illegal immigrants "dreamers".

I do not oppose immigration, but I am opposed to ILLEGAL immigration.
And even if an illegal immigrant never commits a crime, the fact that they are in the country is in itself a crime.
Should they be rewarded for that?

mysteryman841

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:04 pm
@ehBeth,
When you want to ban weapons, that's anti gun.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:05 pm
@mysteryman841,
Quote:
BUT, if they commit one, that's one that could have been prevented if the border was secure.

We are all the descendants of immigrants. If none arrived on the shores of America, there would be less crime. Your statement is not logical or based on reality.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:15 pm
@mysteryman841,
If you want to stop crime building a bloody wall is a stupid way to go about things. More funding for crime prevention is what's needed. The Wall is a complete waste of money and it panders to people's worst prejudices. It's got nothing to do with reducing crime, that's a lie racists tell themselves.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:18 pm
@izzythepush,
They're not only racists, but ignorant ones at that! They believe what Trump said about Mexicans being "criminals and rapists." There's no cure for stupid, and we have too many in this country.
camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They're not only racists, but ignorant ones at that! They believe what Trump said about Mexicans being "criminals and rapists." There's no cure for stupid, and we have too many in this country.

You have to be a racist too, ci. Against Syrians, Libyans, Afghans, Iraqis, ... because you stay silent about the massive US crimes against them, but you pretend to get your panties in a twist about others just to make cheap political points and set yourself up as some kind of good guy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:26 pm
@camlok,
Why am I a racist because I don't talk about the atrocities around the world? I stay silent about them, because I cannot change the conditions that causes them. Your rationalizations about me are only cheap shots without any foundation. I may be a racist to you, but you're one of the most ignorant posters on a2k.
camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Gee, I thought that you, like all the other cowards, had me on ignore, ci.

Quote:
Why am I a racist because I don't talk about the atrocities around the world? I stay silent about them,

Because you are obviously using race solely as a political cudgel.

And dishonest as all get out - "the atrocities around the world"!!

the USA atrocities around the world, ci, why did you forget to mention that.

Quote:
because I cannot change the conditions that causes them.

"... government by the people, ... "

You can't change what Trump does either but you can make this huge pretense that you care.

camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Your rationalizations[sic] about me

Take a breath, ci, focus.

mysteryman841

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 01:30 pm
@izzythepush,
So then lets spend more money o crime prevention.
Lets stop letting people out on bail for serious crimes.
Lets deport anyone here illegally that has committed a crime.
Lets build more prisons to house those convicted of a crime.

Lets get the drug dealers off the streets.
Lets get Lets deport anyone here illegally, because that is itself a crime.

Lets spend the money on crime prevention, and lets get some of that money by not spending it on illegal immigrants.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 01:45 pm
@mysteryman841,
We already have a legal system in this country. It's not a perfect system, but it's the best available in a democracy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 02:10 pm
@mysteryman841,
I haven't got the time to waste pointing out how short sighted and ignorant that is.

My first response was Jeez, where do I start, but **** it. I'm off down the pub.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 02:58 pm
@camlok,
I am an equal opportunity poster? I read everything, even idiots posts. Don't always reply. Some postings are a waste of time jtt.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 03:41 pm
@camlok,
I care enough to vote in every election. I'm now 83 and have voted in every election since I was able. I even wrote to Diane Feinstein not to approve the Iraqi war, but she said she had to based on what they learned. I was right and the government was wrong; there never was any WMD's. Our government even chased out the UN Weapons Inspectors to start their war. They are now guilty of having killed innocent lives.
camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 04:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I care enough to vote in every election. I'm now 83 and have voted in every election since I was able.

83 years old and you still haven't figured it out.

Quote:
I even wrote to Diane Feinstein not to approve the Iraqi war, but she said she had to based on what they learned. I was right and the government was wrong; there never was any WMD's. Our government even chased out the UN Weapons Inspectors to start their war. They are now guilty of having killed innocent lives.

People who commit war crimes/terrorism all based on 9/11 lies or any lies have to be held to account.

But you think you have done your duty as a citizen, vote and cover for the war criminals. Other than this, you have been totally silent about crimes the equivalent of Nazi Germany.

0 Replies