gays.

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 12:23 pm
The following statement was a contribution to another thread--Odd Socks' question about why so many "hot" men are gay . For some reason it ended up being a new thread:

What are you saying Odd Socks, that you think Cary Grant, Randolf Scott, Earl Flynn, Richard Chamberlain, Rock Hudson, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Montgomery Clift are or were hot?
These names are widely rumored to be gay--I was told this by people who worked in the studios and actors in "the business."
There are, of course, all those British actors who appear gay, but it's only because they're "so british."
Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,023 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 02:47 pm
er, JL. Where is odd socks?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 02:57 pm
Hey, these guys were "hot", whether they were gay or not.

JL.- And it's Errol Flynn

[quote]Flynn's sexual appetite was insatiable (one report gives his number of conquests to be in excess of 12,000 - an average of almost one woman a day for 35 years, if it is to believed), and was rumoured to include homosexual liaisons with Tyrone Power, Howard Hughes, and Truman Capote. A committed sybarite, it was sure to be only a matter of time before Flynn's tastes landed him in trouble. [/quote]

http://www.rcross.com/errol_flynn.htm

Anyone know where the expression, "In like Flynn" came from? Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:04 pm
Oh, yes, Phoenix. I suspect that everyone knows that swashbuckler's famous legacy.

I think Richard Chamberlain openly admitted to the fact that he was gay, and of course, we know about poor R.H.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:14 pm
Letty, there seems to be two threads on gays here, one started by odd socks and this one. I don't know how my little attempt at juicy gossip posted on both threads. Very queer if you ask me.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:16 pm
Uh... JL you started this thread.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:17 pm
Very Happy Well, let's go with it, JL.

I always told gautam that it was such a waste.

Found this on the web:

http://gayshakes.pitas.com/
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:18 pm
sublime, I'm guessing that JL hit New Topic instead of Reply.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:22 pm
Someone has to be Captain Obvious around here so I took it upon myself. Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:41 pm
Maybe a MOD split the threads? Who knows.....
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:46 pm
O.K.., so I accidently started a new thread when I attempted to contribute to Odd Socks' thread. Hit a button somewhere. Do check out the other thread so that you'll know my meaning more clearly. By the way, I once reported here or on Abuzz that I had a friend who insisted that he could spot a gay a mile away. One day I challenged him to tell me just how he determined a person was gay. His answer floored me: "By the sensation he engenders in my loins."
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:47 pm
My understanding was that Liz Taylor was crazy for Montgomery Clift when she was quite young. Since he could not return her affection, she got back at him by marrying all the other men in Hollywood! Laughing

I knew about Richard Chamberlain when I was going to college. A freind of mine was pals with a gay guy. He told her of a gay party where he met Richard.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 05:18 pm
Confused
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 06:57 pm
Sitting one day outside at Hamburger Hamlet's on the sunset strip, my friends and I saw Richard Chamberlain driving by in his convertible. One friend said that Chamberlain's homosexuality was now public knowledge. Cary Grant and Randolf Scott were long-time lovers. The house where they lived as a couple was featured once in the Architectural Digest. Montgomery Clift and Rock Hudson were clearly gay. My wife is convinced that George Clooney and his oceans friends are. While this gossip is fun, the bottom line is "Who (really) cares?"
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 07:15 pm
Nobody, JL. Razz
0 Replies

missamerica

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 02:35 pm
Geroge Clooney Gay
Do people really think some of us were born yesterday, or are unaware of the great lengths publicists take to protect the gay stars from exposure? Question

The gentleman who posted that his wife thinks George Clooney and his buddies are gay...listen up! Your wife is right. Us women know. I work in a business where 90% of the men are gay and not all gay guys are flaming fairies to talk with a lisp. May of then are hot, macho hearthrobs.

For years I have suspected George Clooney is gay. He surrounds himself with the '' boys club'', is never really involved in a serious male/female relationship other than to go to premiers or social functions with a hot studio '' model/actress''. It seems to me his publicist is not very inventive because the life of George certainly does relfect the life of Rock Hudson. Rock married his '' secretary' Phyllis Geroge - a publicity stunt by the tail waggers in Hollywood and Rock was also one of Hollywoods most eligible bachelors.

Clooney, lives in Italy, claims he cant find a woman who can deal with his fame ( give me a break he is famous, but his is not God ), likes children but doubts he will have any of his own, likes to give the illusion he is so busy with his career and being a womanizer that he has not time to date just one woman. The man is not in his 30's for goodness sake, he is mid 40's and at an age where he needs to know sure he is a hot actor, but so are a lot of younger actors and even they don't '' reek' of studio publicity to cover up the real fact. Our dear George is gay. No more or no less.

Give me a Colin Farrell any day, at least you know where you stand with him...the good, the bad and the ugly and everything in between - what you see is what you get! Instead poor George seems to be running out of excuses and his never ending stories of why he dates the most beautiful women in the world yet remains single, reeks of Rock Hudson and a Hollywood of the 40's and 50's.

Funny how these popular actors can speak publically about their political beliefs, but keep mum about their sexuality because they still know that middle America who ranks high at box office attendance wont pay for movie tickets to see a self proclaimed gay actor.

If a gay actor really cared to stand for freedom of speech then maybe they should show us by standing up to it and saying '' I am gay....so what'!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 03:18 pm
After the comedian, Ellen Degeneris, came out of the closet she became (as far as I can tell) one of the most liked women in America. There's nothing like the authentic person.
By the way, Conan O'Brien, the late-night comedian, has been dropping mini-self-revelations for a long time now. I think people have a need to be known for who they really are.
David Letterman? Well I don't want to carry this delicious gossip too far.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 03:23 pm
It's nice to see everyone gets such enjoyment out of labels, if someone doesn't have a name tag on them you don't feel as if you still get what you see. I think it's an actors obligation to leave this question unanswered, if a majority of actors said whether they are or aren't then it would leave middle america labeling everyone who didn't answer and when they went to a movie they would see the role of the actor as a gay actor and not the role they are playing. Not to mention, what does it matter.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 03:31 pm
Deler wrote:
It's nice to see everyone gets such enjoyment out of labels, if someone doesn't have a name tag on them you don't feel as if you still get what you see. I think it's an actors obligation to leave this question unanswered, if a majority of actors said whether they are or aren't then it would leave middle america labeling everyone who didn't answer and when they went to a movie they would see the role of the actor as a gay actor and not the role they are playing. Not to mention, what does it matter.

I think it is the responsibility of the actor or singer or anyone else to be honest about their sexuality instead of playing asinine games. The game playing and toying around, such as fake marriages and the what not serve nobody and are a disservice to all. The only reason labels are applied in the first place is because the persons in the arts are too cowardly to admit what they want. Hell, people all over the world are too damned chicken.

If all homosexuals admitted their preference for those of the same gender it would no longer be an issue and the label crap would be dropped.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 03:51 pm
I agree, Sturgis. But I do think that it is not really any business of ours to demand that people reveal to us that which they prefer to keep hidden. That's their business whether you or I like it or not. Everyone has a right to be chicken about some things. It could be that such "chickens" are cowardly (by our standards) with regard to some things and very brave (by our standards) regarding other things. I would, therefore, not condemn someone by means of any "master status" (i.e., a status that eclipses all other statuses) by labelling him or her a "homo" or a "coward." He or she is always more than that.
0 Replies