Startling Pic in Ad Doesn't Add Up

Blickers

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2018 11:22 pm
@chai2,
Quote chai2:
Quote:
You are really obssessing about this, aren't you?
Not at all. Just saw a pic that didn't make sense and thought I'd post it just to see what comes out of the conversation.

Quote chai2:
Quote:
Yeah, I think dockers and a polo are light clothes too. I didn't think I had to run down the list.
There's quite a difference from a warmth standpoint between Dockers/polo and two thin ribbons with feathers stuck to them. I can see someone running out quickly in 25°F weather to put the garbage barrel out to the curb for collection. I couldn't see anyone doing that in what she was wearing without freezing.

Quote chai2:
Quote:
What is the reason this picture is occupying so much of your mind?
It's really not. But the thought of someone dressed like that standing in snow was jarring.

Quote chai2:
Quote:
And yes, there are white sand beaches.

Hyams Beach in Austrailia

http://www.traveller.com.au/content/dam/images/h/0/h/i/r/j/image.related.articleLeadwide.520x294.h06bgt.png/1517451701308.jpg
Admirably light colored sand, and the whole place looks quite beautiful, but still just that hint of brown which separates it from snow-white. So we're pretty much right back where we started, colorwise.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2018 11:52 pm
@Ragman,
Quote ragman:
Quote:
The whitest and finest-grain beach sand I've ever seen is Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota FL , my summer home.

Siesta Key Beach:
https://i.imgur.com/jpXZ5GN.jpg?1

Well, that is quite white. Still with that hint of brown, very very faint. But that is the whitest sand I've ever seen on a beach. Great spot you have for a vacation home.
0 Replies

TMiles

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 03:52 am
@Blickers,
it looks like a Photoshop!
0 Replies