what to do when rumours are spread about you

Reply Thu 31 May, 2018 09:49 pm
a guy I used to be friends w started being creepy a few months ago, flirting, we should have kids together etc. I told him that I didn't like him like that, but would continue being friends, but he wouldn't listen and started sending me long angry texts whenever I said no or tried to distance myself from him, so our friendship ended. he's now telling people saying we dated, I pressured him to have sex, and did sexual things w/him, what should i do?

chai2

Reply Thu 31 May, 2018 11:01 pm
@eleanorizzuto,
Nothing. It’ll die out.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2018 05:46 am
@eleanorizzuto,
Your friends will believe you. If you think he could become dangerous, involve the authorities.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2018 07:37 am
Spread the rumor that he's got a micro-penis?
Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2018 12:32 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Spread the rumor that he's got a micro-penis?

That would be funny - but in reality do you want to be like him?

He can get no satisfaction from his behavior if you do not let it bother you. Like others said, true friends are not going to believe some loser's rumors. And those that do believe really are not worth your time or effort. The less you say or add to it - the quicker it will go away.

Surround yourself with good friends that are supportive and you will feel tons better.
Agent1741

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2018 01:13 pm
Anyone that knows you well enough will know that you did not do anything with him, the others are not worth worrying about! You cannot stop rumours & to say anything derogatory about him (as funny as it might be) is just lowering yourself to his level, just ignore him!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2018 04:07 pm
@eleanorizzuto,
Send him a get well card.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2018 04:43 am
He’s trying to get your attention. Or other people enjoy keeping this subject alive.

First, refuse to listen to “friends” who get great joy in being the message carrier between you two.

Next, just stay quiet. No need to respond to all this.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2018 05:50 am
@eleanorizzuto,
Save those long angry texts he sent you, create a file for them. You may never need them again, but, if he's as creepy as you suspect, they could become valuable evidence later on.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 09:09 am
@eleanorizzuto,
By all means heed izzy's advice.

He's an expert on spreading rumours and false accusations.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 09:43 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

By all means heed izzy's advice.

He's an expert on spreading rumours and false accusations.

What's wrong with you? Are you really that bitter and empty?
georgeob1

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 09:48 am
@glitterbag,
You should worry Finn. She's an expert on bitter and empty.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 10:04 am
@eleanorizzuto,
I think Izzy gave you good advice. Save those emails, tell a trusted adult if you are under 18, and be careful. Don't allow yourself to respond back in an angry fashion, Chances are it will blow over quickly, but if it doesn't you might need evidence to prove he's been harassing you.

Maybe you should also confide in a trusted friend, someone mature enough not to aggravate the situation.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 10:31 am
@glitterbag,
Clearly he is, I've had him on ignore for well over a year and not mentioned or referred to him at all, save for one response about political matters last week, nothing personal mind, just facts.

Someone has issues.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 10:35 am
I think we could all take the advice we are giving here and ignore the sniping at each other. It’ll blow over.
roger

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
@chai2,
Things seem to go better here if I take each thread and each post by itself, without considering any previous posts. It's difficult, but I do try.
0 Replies

taylorruth

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2018 03:00 pm
@eleanorizzuto,
nothing
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2018 06:14 pm
people that know me say I am stunningly good looking, very modest , wise, & very diplomatic!! I have no problem with all that!!!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2018 08:03 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
in reality do you want to be like him?

Oh no, I have the macro version and am happy with it.
0 Replies

TMiles

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 04:22 am
@eleanorizzuto,
You shouldn't to attach much importance to this!
Hi is NOTHING!
0 Replies