One mans opinion

mamajuana

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 11:01 pm
Okay, ebrown. Only trying to say that a common language does make it easier to communicate, and that a country does need an official language for many reasons. English has been a required subject in many schools in many countries - used to be French was taught.

Aqui, en los Estados Unidos, hablamos ingles, y tambien espanol, chines, y ....... No me gusta burritos - voy a comer un taco. Or sushi. Bon apetit.
0 Replies

5PoF

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 10:56 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

The founders of the Nation including Jefferson and Washington et. al were Deists not Christians. Washington was a Freemason. Many of the founders including Franklin where atheists. I do not know of any Jewish people among them.

Well I don't know if anyone else had corrected this so I will.

First off...Franklin was NOT an athiest. He too was a Freemason which requires a belief in G-d.

Secondly I'd direct your attention to Ben Franklin's Epitaph which clearly shows he more or less believe both in a Devine Creator and Ressurection.

The Body

of

Benjamin Franklin

Printer

(Like the cover of an old book

Its contents torn out

And stript of its lettering and gilding)

Lies here, food for worms.

But the work shall not be lost

For it will (as he believed)

appear once more

In a new and more elegant edition

Revised and corrected

by

The Author.

I think it is obvious enough who "The Author" is.

Source: http://acts413.org/inspirational/messages/epitaph.htm

And being that most of the Founding Fathers were Freemasons, you can say that Judaism has a slight light cast upon our government, over the other parts of the culture we come from.

Since Freemasonry is steeped in Jewish history.

------------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------

What's even more hillarious, now that I read more of the post of the same person I quoted above.

He says in argument that the founding fathers were not christians or jews, (well some were diests but most even the freemasons like Washington, were Catholics//Christians, I think George Washington *not a founding father but still...father of his country*, was a ... well the name escapes me...I want to say episcopalian or whatever lol, that's not right, and southern baptist isn't right either lol, but it's a religion like that...off shoot of mainstream catholicism and protestantism. But pretty popular and accepted.

Oh and finally, same person I quoted before states that they couldn't have been Christian because the bible disallows rebelling against the "king."

Well Freemasonry explicitly teaches that a Mason must always be loyal to his country and not incite disloyalty or disrest.

But that didn't stop Masons in the English Civil War, or in our Civil War, and Masonry was deeply involved in the American Revolution.

In fact, Cornwallis was a Freemason, and so was his commander in America before him.
0 Replies