Bush Smoked Wead?

RexRed

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 03:50 pm
It would appear that our President is not as square as the party makes him out to be.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,423 • Replies: 46
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 04:37 pm
Re: Bush Smoked Wead?
RexRed wrote:
It would appear that our President is not as square as the party makes him out to be.

Who cares if he smoked weed. I sure as hell know I don't care, I don't care if anyone smoked weed in the past, as long as they aren't doing it now.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 04:46 pm
bush used to be a party animal. Coke, alcohol, and all that stuff before he found "God" and became a square.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 05:51 pm
I hope he inhaled and didn't do any of that sissy ****.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 05:58 pm
Yeah, I'm a Democrat, basically, and I don't care if Bush smoked weed. A lot of people have, a lot of people do, a lot of people will. Even though he's president, he's just another guy, and I don't hold a bit of pot smoking against people. Hell, I don't even hold a lot of pot smoking against people.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 06:41 pm
Eat, drink and be merry!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 07:09 pm
Tenoch wrote:
bush used to be a party animal. Coke, alcohol, and all that stuff before he found "God" and became a square.

Alcohol has been proven, coke is a lie and we don't know about the other stuff. Care to provide some proof of the coke and other stuff?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 07:34 pm
Don't care if he snorted coke, don't care if he drank too much, don't care if he had sex with animals, don't care if he stole someone's kidney down in Mexico, don't care if he's really a robot, don't care if he didn't fight in Nam, don't care what his daughters do at college, don't care about his famous nieces and nephews, don't care who his father is. And I still don't care for him as a president.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 07:56 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Tenoch wrote:

Alcohol has been proven, coke is a lie and we don't know about the other stuff. Care to provide some proof of the coke and other stuff?

I sold it to him.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 07:58 pm
Bush never snorted cocaine, didn't evade military service in Vietnam nor desert from the Guard, did all he could to prevent 9/11, really invaded iraq because of WMDs, wants to privatize Social Security because it's in a crisis, and is a deeply spiritual person. Wink, wink, nudge nudge.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:37 am
I would imagine the President did one of those angry-chimpanzee impressions after he found out he'd been caught on tape:

Quote:
The White House lashed out yesterday at the "former" Bush family friend who secretly tape-recorded the future President discussing sensitive issues like gays and drug use. Even though aides insisted there was little damaging information on the tapes, they made no effort to hide the fact that President Bush felt betrayed by conservative author Doug Wead.

"These were casual conversations with someone whom the President considered, or believed to be, a friend," said White House spokesman Ken Lisaius.

<snip>

The then-Texas Gov. George W. Bush talks at length about rumors of his past drug use and all but admits using marijuana during his youthful party days. He also says he won't "kick gays," a reference to demands from evangelical Christians that he more vigorously contest the gay community's agenda.

The disclosures could weaken support for Bush with his conservative base - and crack his renowned aura of predictability and discipline.

"It ought to be damaging," said Baruch College political scientist Doug Muzzio. "It's hypocritical to say one thing now but to have said other things ... in the past." A senior Democratic operative added, "Put aside the admission of drug use, his comments about gays are certainly not going to energize his base."

Bush also showed a rarely seen nasty streak toward rivals on both sides of the partisan divide. He branded Al Gore a liar and insisted Sen. John McCain's star would dim.

NY Daily News
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:54 am
This should have come out before the election. He'd likely have won by a bigger margin. He's honest. He said all this stuff before. If this is Bush speaking privately--he sure looks good.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:28 am
Lash wrote:
This should have come out before the election. He'd likely have won by a bigger margin. He's honest. He said all this stuff before. If this is Bush speaking privately--he sure looks good.

No, it would have been declared another ruse by Rove. Like the forgeries Dan Rather had... everyone knows Rove was behind those... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:40 am
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/20/politics/20talk.html

Quote:
Mr. Bush threatened that if his rival Steve Forbes attacked him too hard during the campaign and won, both Mr. Bush, then the Texas governor, and his brother, Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida, would withhold their support. "He can forget Texas. And he can forget Florida. And I will sit on my hands," Mr. Bush said.

Quote:
Recalling the bruising primary fight Mr. Forbes waged against Bob Dole in 1996, Mr. Bush told Mr. Wead, "Steve Forbes is going to hear this message from me. I will do nothing for him if he does to me what he did to Dole. Period. There is going to be a consequence. He is not dealing with the average, you know, 'Oh gosh, let's all get together after it's over.' I will promise you, I will not help him. I don't care."

I guess people see what they want to see. What I see is a first class jerk who thinks his own waste don't stink. I also see someone who is scared to death of his evangelist base. I also see someone who has mastered the use of code words down to a fine art form.

Clinton said way back when we (as in liberals) that George Bush was underestimated and that he was a very smart politician. He was/is right.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:55 am
Lash wrote:

I think you are underestimating your base. I live in Kentucky and I have talked to people after this election who voted for Bush. Almost to a one they voted for Bush because of his supposed moral values and they believed that those rumors about his drug use was just made up. It is now more or less confirmed. They don't think Bush was good for the economy but they felt that it came second to issues like abortion and homosexuals.

When you read the New York Times article, the impression that it leaves is one of someone almost being forced into some of these hard line stands he has taken because of his evangelist conservative base, in other words, a phoney. That would not sit good in the middle states where Bush did so good because of his stand on moral issues.

So while he may have won more over for his honesty, I think he would have lost those same people when they see how he treats his opponents and also would have lost his evangelist base.

If these things were what Wead considered not personal, I wonder what it is he is sitting on.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 12:30 pm
He probably never secretly tape recorded a friend's conversation, apart from anything that may already be in place at the White House.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 10:47 pm
Lash wrote:

Even something that shows Bush as being good the liberals will spin to make him look bad. They can't win and will do what they can to make him lok bad. It is only going to make them look bad in the long run.

revel wrote:
I guess people see what they want to see. What I see is a first class jerk who thinks his own waste don't stink. I also see someone who is scared to death of his evangelist base. I also see someone who has mastered the use of code words down to a fine art form.

Clinton said way back when we (as in liberals) that George Bush was underestimated and that he was a very smart politician. He was/is right.

You think he is a first class jerk because you don't like him and that is the only issue. Do you really think he is the only politician that thinks that way? You don't think your favorite politician didn't talk that way and think that way when it came to political opponents? It shows Bush as being a normal person.

How does he show a fear of his small "evangelist base"? What code words did you use that you see?

So you finally see Bush as a smart person? Does that mean you are going to spread the word to your lefty friends to stop calling Bush a moron and an idiot, because you just said he was smart.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 12:49 am
baldimo, I never did say bush was dumb and have always felt he was undersestimated.

There was several times where bush showed he feared his evangelist base.

Quote:
Preparing to meet Christian leaders in September 1998, Mr. Bush told Mr. Wead, "As you said, there are some code words. There are some proper ways to say things, and some improper ways." He added, "I am going to say that I've accepted Christ into my life. And that's a true statement."

Preparing to meet Christian leaders in September 1998, Mr. Bush told Mr. Wead, "As you said, there are some code words. There are some proper ways to say things, and some improper ways." He added, "I am going to say that I've accepted Christ into my life. And that's a true statement."

But Mr. Bush also repeatedly worried that prominent evangelical Christians would not like his refusal "to kick gays." At the same time, he was wary of unnerving secular voters by meeting publicly with evangelical leaders. When he thought his aides had agreed to such a meeting, Mr. Bush complained to Karl Rove, his political strategist, "What the hell is this about?"
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 07:11 am
How anyone can pretend to find anything wrong with that (what Bush said) shows you plan your opinion in advance.

I'm very impressed with him. He was willing to lose the evangelicals for principle. He didn't show any hatred of gays--or private plans to USE code words to placate the homophobes.

The CODE words he used was to minimize polarizing people due to his honest religious faith.

There is nothing but impressive stuff here.

How many of US would survive a candid taped conversation about politics so well?

How many of YOUR politicians would?

He scores 100.

Who says the reason he said--What the Hell is this about--was because he was wary of unnerving secular voters? He didn't say that. It may have been because he didn't want to meet with them--like his father. You can be a Christian--and really not like the organized Evangelical lobby.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 07:48 am
This issue is just not interesting enough for me to keep going over it.

I'll give you that for me he went a notch with his honesty in admitting his mistakes and his initinally wanting to not have such a hard line with those key issues. He went back down with his small minded tactics towards Forbes.

However, I sensed a cowing from Bush towards both Karl Rove and his evangletical base. I understand you and probably a large amount of other people disagree and I am willing to let it go at that.
0 Replies