Personality or Looks?

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 05:32 pm
BorisKitten wrote:

That said, I often wonder if looks are more important to men than to women. I so rarely see a not-so-great-looking woman with a very handsome man. I see t'other way around all the time.

That's a good point, and I have the seen the same. I think men are more visual by nature? Not that women aren't visual, too.

Looks aren't all that important to me, but it IS looks that first gets my attention because it's all you really have to go on, till ya get to know that other person.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 05:37 pm
One of the things I love about the internet is that you get to know people's insides/thinking first. The brain is definitely the sexiest part of the body to me.

While average people can seem more attractive because of their personalities, very attractive people can seem ugly because of their personalities. That really came to the fore recently, when someone made a comment about ' J. that good-looking guy you work with '. I had no idea who she was talking about. His personality is so ugly, that I don't even see J as attractive.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 06:03 pm
A whole lot o' both.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 06:06 pm
What Brooke Said:
Quote:
it IS looks that first gets my attention because it's all you really have to go on, till ya get to know that other person.

Thats what appeals first to your senses...is L@@KS...it is mine.

But they can open that mouth I'll loose all interest in a split second. Walk away thinking.."What an Idiot!".

Personality is a big thing, I like alot of character with a twisted sense of humor.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 06:12 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:

But they can open that mouth I'll loose all interest in a split second. Walk away thinking.."What an Idiot!".

Personality is a big thing, I like alot of character with a twisted sense of humor.

Ditto!
0 Replies

Qanda

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 07:12 am
I believe both are important. Looks affect your view of the other person's personality to a certain extent. For example, if two people have exact same personalities (just for example's sake), but one is ugly while one is gorgeous, you would be biased to think that the good-looking one has better personality.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 07:44 am
I go for personality but I have to be attracted to the physically also... But like so many others just said.. in the end personality wins over looks!
0 Replies