Personality or Looks?

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 05:33 am
Women (and men), I am here today, and probably tomorrow if I don't have anything planned, to ask you this:

When looking for a partner, which is most important: Looks or personality?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,029 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Raener

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 11:49 am
Personality always in my opinion Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 11:54 am
personality? um guess I should get one of those.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 11:58 am
Definitely personality. Good looks can only take you so far but after that you had better have something to fall back on. Like a great personality. Smile
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 12:00 pm
dyslexia wrote:
personality? um guess I should get one of those.[/quote

You already have THAT, dys! And it looks damn good on you too! Wink
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 12:01 pm
Personality changes only slightly as you age
looks dissappear.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 12:01 pm
Without a better definition of "partner", I'd have to say looks. While I would require both for any meaningful relationship; I can imagine partnering up with Penelope Cruz regardless of what her personality may be. However much I'd like to say the same of some spectacular personality with Rosanne Barr's looks, alas, that dog won't hunt.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 01:05 pm
I think looks can get you in the door, but personality is what determines if someone will become a partner or a fling.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 01:12 pm
Personality can cover alot more territory than looks.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 02:30 pm
While i think many people would automatically say personality, based on the fact that they don't want to feel shallow i think the same people would have to admit to being attracted first of all to the person's appearance. While personality is the key factor in choosing a life mate, i presume most people would need something to make them start talking

That said i happen to be in the lucky position that when i'm getting on really well with somebody, i automatically seem to start fancying them. It's happened with the last 3 relationships, and the two do-they-don't-they nearly relationships in the middle... guys who i was good friends with but never looked at in that way suddenly became irresistable when we developed a certain spark of rapport.... odd - but very good from my perspective!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 03:06 pm
I'm so shallow - I'll take looks Wink
Personality I have of my own....
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 03:40 pm
I would say looks attract you to someone.
Personality keeps the relationship longer than just a fling.

Had a friend in school who fell pretty hard for a very unattractive girl when he asked my opinion of her " she has a good personality"
All my other friends caught on right away took him about 2 months to figure it out Laughing

Guess I m shallow
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 03:55 pm
I was gong to admit that looks are more important(especially in the begining) before reading the posts in the thread. Eventually personality is more important in the long run. Bad personalities make pretty girls look ugly to me and good ones make OK looking girls beautiful in my eyes.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 05:33 pm
What I really need is chemistry. Before settling down my rules were: he can't scare the dogs and he must up hold his end of a conversation - after that the chemistry must kick in so I melt when he touches me and makes me long to be kissed.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 07:28 am
They say today you know immediately if you are going to sleep together.I think we all have some object of desire in us thanks to the movies.Maybe it just means we wish our actions were taken more importantly or observed in a strange and wonderfull way.But that gets us into politically hot waters so I say PERSONALIY....like in the song.
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 08:15 am
I agree with Tenoch! If an average looking person has a great personality, then he/she becomes more attractive! From my personal experience, the more time you spend with a person, the more attractive they become - and then you get married/move in and all that disappears! However I think a good combination of looks and personality is what we look for, sometimes we have to comprimise one for the other!
0 Replies

raspberrian

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 02:15 pm
I love a healthy and good personality! However, I have seen people in public where they look good together...what are the chances that both good-looking people have good personalities?!?! I think plenty of people go by looks above everything else. Of course, it's just my opinion, not fact.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 02:21 pm
personality goes a long way... looks are cool don;t get me wrong i'm not out there for charity Razz but I like charmers and wit (money too he he he)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 03:04 pm
I agree rasp!
it is the looks that make us pay attention.
If we were not attractive to each other ( people in general that is ) , then we would never speak. Without speaking, you know nothing of a personality.
That doesnt happen ALL the time. For the most part though, that is the scenerio..
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 03:42 pm
I'll take a smart, witty, good-natured guy every time. Looks fade.

That said, I often wonder if looks are more important to men than to women. I so rarely see a not-so-great-looking woman with a very handsome man. I see t'other way around all the time.
0 Replies