Help with an ex

Reply Thu 10 May, 2018 11:59 am
My girlfriend’s ex is having a hard time letting go. He has been following us and watching to see whose car’s in her driveway. He told her when they broke up that he purposely took her to all of the restaurants in the area so that she would always think of him if she went with someone else. He’s also had his cop friend pull me over before work to get my information. He put his dog down because he knew how much she loved the dog, then he sent her a message that it was her fault. My question here is this: I think this is going to end very badly if something isn’t done but my girlfriend thinks if we ignore him he will eventually stop. What do we do?

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 10 May, 2018 03:00 pm
@Unknownone6969,
How long has this been going on?

Were you the reason for their breakup?
vikorr

Reply Thu 10 May, 2018 04:23 pm
@Unknownone6969,
Shouldn't you be seeing a lawyer about this, rather than posting on a forum? Or making a complaint to your (whoever takes complaints against police)? The officer will have written it in a notebook, or put it on a computer, right? Or gathering evidence of the stalking in case it worsens,etc?

jespah

Reply Thu 10 May, 2018 05:28 pm
@Unknownone6969,
Cops, and go over this guy's buddy's head. If he is pulling people over without probable cause then he's inept and easily manipulated at best and corrupt at worst.

I agree with getting a lawyer, too. I lived with a woman once (I was her tenant) who had an abusive ex. She broke up with him after I moved out but she and I did keep in touch a bit. She ended up living back with her parents because being alone scared her.

Don't rearrange your life because of this guy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 May, 2018 05:31 pm
Also try to document everything.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 10 May, 2018 06:11 pm
@vikorr,
Agreeing with Vikkor.

However, acknowledging a stalking actions in any way is just feeding him.

For instance, if someone like this calls a person 500 times and the intended recipient of the call ignores it 499 times, then responds, the stalker views it as “I only have to call this person 499 times to talk to her.

The fact that he is willing to kill a living thing, and apparently has someone in law enforcement “on his side” points to a dangerous situation. If he’s willing to kill an innocent dog, what would he be willing to do to her, you, or any other person she associates with?
0 Replies

Denis Fields

Reply Sat 12 May, 2018 11:45 pm
@Unknownone6969,
I think you should move to another city.
0 Replies

Unknownone6969

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 06:03 pm
@PUNKEY,
It was going on for about a month and no I wasn’t the reason for the breakup.
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 06:14 pm
@Unknownone6969,
Sounds like harassment to me, go & speak to the police yourself & tell them what's going on. I would say that you might need a restraining order.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 12:14 am
Sorry to read this . I think it is hard for anyone to forget if he sees his ex

everyday . If you can leave to another place in the city so he cant reach

or know about you. That could help.
0 Replies