Haliburton Profit $9 BILLION - So Far!

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 02:30 am
And this might answer fishin's question. The lower figure quoted is just for the KBR part of the deal - this is then rolled into the larger Halliburton figure for non-US Army services.

So when President Dingbat asks for another $80B for the 'effort' in Iraq he might as well just send one eighth of it straight back to Texas to Halliburton HQ.......
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 02:31 am
Richard Jones, former ambassador to Kuwait and deputy of the Coalition Provisional Authority, Rice's new coordinator for Iraq .... has been linked to the Halliburton inquiries.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 06:19 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
And this might answer fishin's question. The lower figure quoted is just for the KBR part of the deal - this is then rolled into the larger Halliburton figure for non-US Army services.

I don't understand your comment here. Which "lower figure"???
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 09:52 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

I REALLY wanted to read this thread....... hehehehehheeeee... but I can't help it!!!!

Not being from the US, I'd rather have Bush having ten blowjobs ON HIS ON-TIME then having these things going on in Iraq!!

Mind you, it's not MY tax money, but 9 B$ means 31$ for each person living in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compared to that, even if Clinton's blowjob had taken him, say...... 48 hours ON-TIME (the presidents income being roughly 200 k$) would mean
0,0000036$ per capita....

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAA

YES, I AM OUTRAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, no, wait!!! You're saying: "Unless you would rather not spend money to investigate crimes."

Yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!! It is a crime!!!!! Having a blowjob during on-time is a crime!!! It is!!!! Let's impeach him!!!!

I'm sorry. Now let me continue to read this thread.

P.S.: People living outside the US will NEVER understand this.

CoastalRat wrote:
Squinney, I've spent the last 30 years of my life being outraged at the stuff our government spends money on. They have wasted enough money just in my life time to probably run the government tax free for a year. But your post seems to be treating this as though it has never ever happened before. And to top it off, you somehow point a finger and say it is happening because of the current admin. You're wrong and I won't sit here and debate the point.

And why bring Clinton and his blowjob (on our time-not his and in his work place-not his home or a hotel) into this? Of course, you see nothing wrong with his blow-job. Neither do I if done on his time and in his home. Are you saying it was perfectly ok? If so, and you work somewhere, why not go into your workplace tomorrow and have hubby come in on company time and give him a blow-job. Bet your employer would not be too happy. So personally, I think the money spent investigating his perjury, which led to the blowjob revelations, money well spent. Unless you would rather not spend money to investigate crimes.

Good thing I didn't bring up Clinton or you would be complaining about repubs constantly having to bring his name up. Guess it is ok when you do it though.

Ah well, have a good day.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 01:04 am
fishin' wrote:
squinney wrote:
Halliburton has 'earned' $9 billion in Iraq thus far.

Their gross profits from December 2001 all the way through December 2004 only total slightly over $2.1 billion.

That's a fairly significant difference from the $9 billion claimed.

The figure I am referring to is that $2.1B, that is the profit for Kellog-Root-Brown (or is it Kellog-Brown-Root?) the subsidary of Halliburton, NOT the total proft for Halliburton.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 02:39 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
fishin' wrote:
squinney wrote:
Halliburton has 'earned' $9 billion in Iraq thus far.

Their gross profits from December 2001 all the way through December 2004 only total slightly over $2.1 billion.

That's a fairly significant difference from the $9 billion claimed.

The figure I am referring to is that $2.1B, that is the profit for Kellog-Root-Brown (or is it Kellog-Brown-Root?) the subsidary of Halliburton, NOT the total proft for Halliburton.

The $2.1 billion is Haliburton Corp's - NOT just KBR's.

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/financials.asp?symb=HAL
0 Replies