Haliburton Profit $9 BILLION - So Far!

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:50 pm
This is not a partisan issue. It's about corporations and government colluding to f*ck the little guy. It's an old story, but the hypocrisy that you guys on the right who have posted here have shown is laughable.

Just because this is one of those companies that's all cozy with your little bitch Commander in Chief and his little bitch VP, it's suddenly no big deal to you. What a bunch of disingenuous phonies. And I know you've all put your little disclaimer in, but you know you'd lick the CEO of Haliburton's ball-sack while shredding documents for him every morning as a salute to the "spread of freedom" if Cheney told you he needed you to do it in order to help the cause.

Okay, now carry on, ya bunch o' hypocrites...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:55 pm
I resent the implication. I consider myself one of the "guys on the right who have posted here." I merely pointed out the government is spending taxpayer money supporting the Grammy awards, and I didn't hear any calls to reform that particular area of the budget from anyone else - including you lefties. That's not a partisan issue either.

Let's clean it ALL up, I say!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:01 pm
First of all, I'm not a lefty. I just hate the current administration.

Secondly...

Ticomaya wrote:
I heard the Federal Government provided $150K to the Grammy's!!!! Now, why on earth is the government spending our money to throw a party for a bunch of rich musicians??? I am outraged!

Was that on-topic?

Yeah, I could tell you were being totally serious with that. No implied mockery of the original story at all, right? Of course not. Keep denying it all the way...just like your little bitch president.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:11 pm
Tico you silly goose, it's bound to come clear sooner or later that Democrats are not liberals. If you need to condem liberals there are a few of us on a2k willing to accept your charges but we resent being confused with the Dems. (of course I am assuming when you say you lefties you actually mean liberals)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:15 pm
kickycan wrote:

Secondly...

Ticomaya wrote:
I heard the Federal Government provided $150K to the Grammy's!!!! Now, why on earth is the government spending our money to throw a party for a bunch of rich musicians??? I am outraged!

Was that on-topic?

Yeah, I could tell you were being totally serious with that. No implied mockery of the original story at all, right? Of course not. Keep denying it all the way...just like your little bitch president.

You do not possess the ability to discern when I'm being serious and when I'm not.

And what do you mean you're not a lefty? Of course you are.

dyslexia wrote:
Tico you silly goose, it's bound to come clear sooner or later that Democrats are not liberals. If you need to condem liberals there are a few of us on a2k willing to accept your charges but we resent being confused with the Dems. (of course I am assuming when you say you lefties you actually mean liberals)

Yes, dys, I am lumping you liberals (small "l") in when I use the "lefties." Did you think I meant to type Democrats, or did you misread what I said?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:18 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Secondly...

Ticomaya wrote:

Was that on-topic?

You do not possess the ability to discern when I'm being serious and when I'm not.

Actually, I do. Now commence with the ball-sack licking, rightie!!! Your commander in chief says it's the "right" thing to do...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:23 pm
"Ticomaya
Quote:
Yes, dys, I am lumping you liberals (small "l") in when I use the "lefties." Did you think I meant to type Democrats, or did you misread what I said?

Then I suggest you drop the scatter gun and take more careful aim with a weapon more attuned to hitting your target.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:32 pm
Re: Haliburton Profit $9 BILLION - So Far!
squinney wrote:
Halliburton has 'earned' $9 billion in Iraq thus far.

Perhaps a minor nit in the entire scheme of things but, despite your thread title, that $9 billion wasn't profit - it's gross revenue (if it's even a valid number for that). Haliburton's entire corporate annual gross profits for 2004 were $1 billion (from all of it's business lines) and it's EBITDA was was $840 million with net profits at $387 million. Their gross profits from December 2001 all the way through December 2004 only total slightly over $2.1 billion.

That's a fairly significant difference from the $9 billion claimed.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:48 pm
kickycan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Actually, I do. Now commence with the ball-sack licking, rightie!!! Your commander in chief says it's the "right" thing to do...

Hmm. Farmerman did say on another thread that you were "going gay." I suppose this is further evidence of your progression in that direction?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:49 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Then I suggest you drop the scatter gun and take more careful aim with a weapon more attuned to hitting your target.

Actually, you should just assume that when I use the term "lefties" that I'm referring to you liberals. It would be incorrect to assume I'm referring to Democrats.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:51 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Hmm. Farmerman did say on another thread that you were "going gay." I suppose this is further evidence of your progression in that direction?

Thanks for the offer, but those rumors were false. You can stop hitting on me now.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 05:02 pm
kickycan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Thanks for the offer, but those rumors were false. You can stop hitting on me now.

Hey, you're the one that was trying to get me to lick your sack.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 05:08 pm
I never mentioned my sack at all. You really are hitting on me, aren't you?

<okay, I have to leave this thread now. I don't want to be here when Tico has his tearful emotional breakthrough about his sexuality>
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 05:16 pm
kickycan wrote:
I never mentioned my sack at all. You really are hitting on me, aren't you?

<okay, I have to leave this thread now. I don't want to be here when Tico has his tearful emotional breakthrough about his sexuality>

Laughing Just goes to show the power of suggestion. ---> Farmerman points out that kicky is "going gay," --> Kicky tells me to lick the balls of the Halliburton CEO --> I think Kicky is asking me to lick his balls.

In any event, you are the one bringing up the homoerotic imagery, not I.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 06:02 pm
Of every $15 that is designated for welfare only one dollar makes it to the recipient.....who we gonna burn at the stake for that?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 06:07 pm
Re: Haliburton Profit $9 BILLION - So Far!
fishin' wrote:
squinney wrote:
Halliburton has 'earned' $9 billion in Iraq thus far.

Perhaps a minor nit in the entire scheme of things but, despite your thread title, that $9 billion wasn't profit - it's gross revenue (if it's even a valid number for that). Haliburton's entire corporate annual gross profits for 2004 were $1 billion (from all of it's business lines) and it's EBITDA was was $840 million with net profits at $387 million. Their gross profits from December 2001 all the way through December 2004 only total slightly over $2.1 billion.

That's a fairly significant difference from the $9 billion claimed.

A2k is full of them rocket scientist, I are one too. Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:28 pm
I should point out that both Kicky and Tico have phalluses in their mouths... or at least their avatars do...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 08:28 am
McGentrix wrote:
I should point out that both Kicky and Tico have phalluses in their mouths... or at least their avatars do...

Watch it ... or I'll stick my "phallus" in your mouse.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 08:32 am
I am going to use the following sign as a bookmark....%
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 02:26 am
And they're still at it!!!

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Army on Thursday said Halliburton Co.'s Kellogg Brown and Root unit would not be slapped with a blanket 15 percent withholding on the payment of disputed bills involving billions of dollars of work in Iraq.

Linda Theis, a spokeswoman for U.S. Army Field Support Command in Rock Island, Ill., said the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for policy and procurement had approved an Army request for a "deviation" from government contracting rules over a 15 percent withholding.

The Army requested a deviation so Halliburton's bills could be paid. Otherwise, the company had said, it might have to suspend some essential services to troops in a war zone.

source

When you are robbed blind, isn't it normal to take some more effective action?
0 Replies