I Want to Start Smoking Again! HELP!

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 10:46 am
Ok, I am having a crisis here.....I have been pretty much smoke- free since September of last year. I've had occasional cigarettes, but haven't really smoked more than socially, occasionally. I went on a mini-vacation this weekend and I smoked a lot. And I enjoyed it. And I want to start again. I am fighting a serious urge to go buy a pack at lunch....

Words of support...curses.....anything you can offer....HELP!!! I am freaking out here! I know I don't really want to start again....for health reasons and money reasons but my brain is saying "Buy a pack, smoke a few....Buy a pack, smoke a few....." Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,598 • Replies: 18
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 10:49 am
oh no you dont.

your first mistake ( getting on soapbox)
thinking you can have just ONE.
DUH. that is what got you started in the first place.
Suck it up as another withdrawl week and stop.
Cigarettes are not easy to quit... that is why it is a multi BILLION dollar industry.
Think about it, do you WANT to make those stuffed shirts at the cigarette company that much richer?
F-K em..they dont need your money.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 10:52 am
I know. But I WANT ONE......
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 10:57 am
we all want one
that is why we buy a PACK..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 10:58 am
frankly, if you want to smoke, i can show you how to get a carton for 12 bucks.

BUT

im not supposed to do that.

now quit it damnit
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:01 am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you are suppose to help not entice...I get enough of an entice when I look at you.....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:06 am
>snicker<

( singing " am i evil" )
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:20 am
Just think of the complete and utter lack of will power that you would be exerting if you went and bought a pack of cigarettes. You know you will be mad at yourself for giving in to a useless and harmful activity. Then you fall into a bout of depression because you will think of yourself as a failure. This will put undue stress on your marriage causing fights and even more stress on yourself. Soon your marriage will end. You'll be unhappy and lonely which will cause you to start drinking which will effect your job performance and will eventually get you fired. Then you will have all the time in the world to sit at home drinking and smoking with nothing to live for except that next drag off of your smoke.

Do yourself a favor: save your life and chew a piece of gum.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:25 am
that's interesting

i was scrolling through on the weekend to see where you were in your cycle cuz you hadn't started an 'i'm depressed' thread in the last few weeks

and here you are ...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:26 am
and you've just bloody changed birth control meds -- don't you bloody even think of smoking
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:27 am
Kristie, fighting off urges is doable. You've done it before, do it now. Giving in to urges is the easy way out. If you buy one pack of cigarettes you will buy another and another and another. Give in to this urge and kiss the progress you've made with your health and your financial situation goodbye. IT SIMPLY ISN'T WORTH IT! Your breath will smell, your clothes will smell, you'll have to go hang outside in the rain with the smokers, you'll feel like crap and you'll have to go through every single step you've taken to get this far all over again.

DO NOT BUY THOSE CIGARETTES!!!!!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:30 am
I just read ehBeth's last post. Are you on BCPs? Don't even think about it. Think STROKE! Would that be worth it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:30 am
Bella, you already decided not to. Good for you.

How do I know? 'Cause you started this thread. If you really were going to start again, you'd just quietly do it.

So congratulations on making such a great decision. We believe in you. :-D
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:31 am
ohhhhh, positive reinforcement.... I like it!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:45 am
Bella, if you need something to do with your mouth, I have something you could put in your mouth instead of a cigarette. Just let me know if you're interested.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:47 am
kickycan wrote:
Bella, if you need something to do with your mouth, I have something you could put in your mouth instead of a cigarette. Just let me know if you're interested.

Shocked
Very Happy

call me..... :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:49 am
See, you guys are great... I knew I could count on you.....

Yes, I did start the new pills and I am paitiently waiting to see if things have gotten any better. This will will show. Here's to hopin'.

Yes, smoking causes blood clots and stroke in women taken BPC's which is another reason I stopped. Freaks me out. Like there isn't enough crap out there to kill me.

Oh yeah...did I mention YOU GUYS ROCK.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:50 am
Quitting cigarettes was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. After many attempts, I finally did it! I would never sacrifice myself again to those grueling struggling times it took me to quit.

Bella Dea, try going over the principles and reasons you set for yourself, when you quit smoking last September. Begin your day tomorrow as a non-smoker, your body will thank you for it!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:52 am
Hey I am with you right now, I had to stop smoking b/c of my meds... but no matter how much I want one, I don't give in, SO don't give in, you'll be happy later!!
0 Replies