Flirting tips

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:50 pm
I, like Ossobuco, very seldom use emoticons, but in response to Noddy's diatribe directed at Roger, I will make an exception.

http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_haha.gif
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:17 pm
GO Noddy! But, really, I do agree with roger. I don't tend to flirt with men unless I mean it - or they are gay.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:33 pm
Actually, I do flirt online without intention, sometimes, because it is such a un-follow-throughable medium.
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:46 pm
Ladies, show some skin.
Men, flash some cash.

The amount of skin and cash shown will determine how far you wish to go.

On that note, Happy Vday to all.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:05 pm
EhBeth--

Trowel with bluebells, please.

The primrose path is well trodden by the vulgar, but romantic types can always admire the spring bluebells.

Gus--

Thou art a wonder.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:59 pm
Agggh!

Okay, okay, Allen was funny, but did you ever hear her mentioned without being preceded by "Burns &"?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 03:10 am
Tenoch-why do you see it as a waste of an evening if nothing happens afterwards??
Thats hardly fair.Would you expect a person to sleep with everybody they flirted with?

Ive been 'mentally abused' by certain guys since I was in my teens about relationships and it clearly still effects me.
As soon as they saw me talking to a guy they would do their best to make me feel I wasnt allowed to talk to anyone that they hadnt given me permission to talk to.And if they knew a guy liked me they would make things uncomfortable or embarrassing for me(and him) whether I liked the guy or not.
One of my male colleagues that doesnt work in the area came down here for a couple of days over Christmas, we talked for a few minutes, when I spoke to other guy friends afterwards they all assumed I was cracking onto my colleague,simply because I was talking to him!!Crazy!!
Its almost like they dont want me speaking to people that arnt in my immediate social group.

As this has effected me I just wondered if I could get something fun out of the situation.
Im clearly saying I DONT want to lead a guy on, I just want to have a giggle.

BTW, a guy can only be lead on if he is already interested, whether the woman flirts alot or not.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 07:19 am
littlek wrote:
Actually, I do flirt online without intention, sometimes, because it is such a un-follow-throughable medium.

Damn! There goes my trip to Boston.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 08:41 am
Roger--

I appreciate many of your old-fashioned ways, but I must quibble with your observation:

Quote:
Agggh!

Okay, okay, Allen was funny, but did you ever hear her mentioned without being preceded by "Burns &"?

My mama didn't raise me to be some man's sidekick.

I am woman capable of gentle cooing and grrrrrreat passion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:42 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
littlek wrote:

Damn! There goes my trip to Boston.

Oho, but Dasha is here.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:31 am
material girl wrote:
Tenoch-why do you see it as a waste of an evening if nothing happens afterwards??
Thats hardly fair.Would you expect a person to sleep with everybody they flirted with?

Ive been 'mentally abused' by certain guys since I was in my teens about relationships and it clearly still effects me.
As soon as they saw me talking to a guy they would do their best to make me feel I wasnt allowed to talk to anyone that they hadnt given me permission to talk to.And if they knew a guy liked me they would make things uncomfortable or embarrassing for me(and him) whether I liked the guy or not.
One of my male colleagues that doesnt work in the area came down here for a couple of days over Christmas, we talked for a few minutes, when I spoke to other guy friends afterwards they all assumed I was cracking onto my colleague,simply because I was talking to him!!Crazy!!
Its almost like they dont want me speaking to people that arnt in my immediate social group.

As this has effected me I just wondered if I could get something fun out of the situation.
Im clearly saying I DONT want to lead a guy on, I just want to have a giggle.

BTW, a guy can only be lead on if he is already interested, whether the woman flirts alot or not.

It's a waste when a girl acts like she likes you, but really doesn't. When a single girl flirts with me I assume she feels attracted to me. And if she decides to spend the entire evening flirting, then i assume she also likes my personality. A phone number would be enough for it not to be a waste. I didn't mean to imply that we needed to sleep together.

Your guy friends act that way either because they want to protect you like a little sister, or they all want to knock boots with you.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:48 am
Pleeeese tell me what 'knock boots with you' means!!
If they are trying to in some way be nice to me it hasnt worked and is stopping me from feeling nice/normal around guys.
They needed to protect me from people like themselves!!

If a girl flirts with you all evening I have no doubt that she likes you but it doesnt mean she wants to jump in the sack.
Sometimes its just nice to feel like an attractive human being without taking it any further.
I doubt anybody would waste time flirting if they didnt like you,goes against the whole point of it.
0 Replies