Flirting tips

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:31 am
How do you know how far to flirt if you just want an evening of silly gigglyness.
If you dont want it to go into anything physical at what point do you stop and how do you do it nicely?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,198 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:41 am
Will this hypothetical situation take place in public?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:26 am
Its always in public.

I like flirting but never know how far to go and onlookers take the mickey out of me if they see me talking to a guy.So I just need to know how to make it pleasant without leading the guy/s on.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:31 am
I hate girls that do that. And how do you flirt without leading a guy on? That's what flirting is.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:50 am
I know some who say it is an artform.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 01:21 pm
roger wrote:
I hate girls that do that. And how do you flirt without leading a guy on? That's what flirting is.

I agree...

I'm a girl, but I don't like it when girls or guys do this kind of thing. It's not very nice to intentionally mislead people, for your own amusement Confused
0 Replies

surfdude

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 01:50 pm
I completley disagree with roger and must chime in and elaborate on Duce's comment. Flirting is an artform and does not have to be a precurser to sex or even light kissing for that matter.

Lets first address the question "What is the purpose of flirting?" Is it only a means to a sweaty end? or... can it be a mechanism for feeling close with someone with out haveing to go to far with things. I suppose the answer is completly up to the flirter.

But for me...

I flirt in my business life, in my married life, in my social life beacuse I LOVE TO SEE PEOPLE SMILE. I get a charge from knowing that I have made someone feel good about themselves by saying something that makes them giggle with out being sexual or dirty. Not laugh... Giggle.

How do I know when flirting has gone far enough? When my gesture is returned with any signal that the recipient of my silly affection is taking it personally. This is the perfect time to redirect the conversation, skillfully, in a slightly different direction that keep the situation fun but 100% plutonic.

We should all flirt alot more than we do. We humans and especially us men have this broken spot that always makes us think we have to "finish the job! To is fullest extent". Now that is silly!

We could have so much more fun enjoying other human beings if we all learned the ART of flirting.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 02:17 pm
I Agree, Flirting is a way of complimenting a person with sexual UNDERtones. It's a door opener, and a smile is a form of it sometimes.
BUT it's like most things many people overindulge it.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 02:35 pm
Quote:
How do I know when flirting has gone far enough? When my gesture is returned with any signal that the recipient of my silly affection is taking it personally. This is the perfect time to redirect the conversation, skillfully, in a slightly different direction that keep the situation fun but 100% plutonic.

That's a good way of setting limits. In a bar, party or club this time may come a little early in the flirting if the guy is single. I do however hate it when a girl wastes my time for the whole night and just wants to say good night at the end of the day.

One time in my life it was different. I was in a relationship and this girl I met in a bar with my friends was in a relationship also. We just started flirting and we told each other that we had significant others. With that being known we kind of set the limits right away. We flirted and talked with each other the whole night knowing that that was all that was going to happen.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 02:57 pm
Roger--

I'm wounded, deeply wounded! You wicked, fickle fiend! You heartless man! You cad! You blackguard! You bounder!

I've been flirting with you on a haphazard basis for six years, applying well-chosen flattery with a dainty, sequined trowel. You, you monumental lout, have reciprocated!

Were you simply toying with my innocent adoration?

To be humiliatingly rejected on Valentine's Day! Only a Monster of Inequity could be so cruel.

Adieu, adieu, remember me.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 03:15 pm
Very Happy
<posting one of my extremely infrequently used smilies...>
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 04:00 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 04:27 pm
NODDY! You were just kidding? Sad
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 04:32 pm
Flirting tips?

Hmmmm.

Be yourself. Show your confidence in yourself as a woman. Show your independence and intelligence. Make eye-contact when you're talking. Be humorous. Smile. Men eat this stuff up!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 04:47 pm
Roger--

I meant every single word, you rat!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 05:16 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
... applying well-chosen flattery with a dainty, sequined trowel...

I simply adore your sense of humor, Noddy!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 06:13 pm
Boriskitten--

Thanks for the kind words.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 06:22 pm
Noddy, you are simply a champion.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:34 pm