what are the best comeback replies to defend an insult/troll/ bully?

roger

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 04:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Yes
chai2

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 06:17 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

only if you live in the parts of the US where we buy TARS for our cars

I get tars for my car and awl for my engine.
roger

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 07:31 pm
@chai2,
When I lived in Tulsa, I went into Oklahoma Tire and Supply and asked for prices on tires. The guy adjusted his little bow tie and thumbed through his massive catalog (this was circa 1975). I understood the problem, leaned over the counter and said I wanted to buy some TARS. Boy, did he know what to do then.
chai2

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 08:17 pm
@roger,
I’ve been saying insurance with the accent on the first syllable for at
least 2 decades now.

I also learned to say pecan in a way that doesn’t sound like i’m talking about a tin for urine.
roger

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 08:20 pm
@chai2,
Does your truck sound like a pee cup?
chai2

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 08:23 pm
@roger,
Maybe when i’m In Mexico
edgarblythe

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 08:33 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

farmerman wrote:

only if you live in the parts of the US where we buy TARS for our cars

I get tars for my car and awl for my engine.

I had a neighbor kid make fun of me for calling 'aigs' eggs.
maxdancona

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 08:38 pm
@roger,
How strange. We have derailed a thread about smacking down trolls and bullies, with a pleasant talk where everyone is joking being nice to each other...
roger

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 09:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Weird, huh?
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 09:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

chai2 wrote:

I had a neighbor kid make fun of me for calling 'aigs' eggs.

I woulda smashed a grapefruit in his face.
roger

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 11:38 pm
@chai2,
You are from Texas.
0 Replies

Razzleg

Thu 26 Apr, 2018 11:41 pm
@natureboi,
natureboi wrote:

So if you get trolled or something in a social gathering or parties, what do you think are the best replies?. Or staying in silence is the best reply? Or should we push the wall on em ??

I don't often give advice, but this is what has worked for me in the past:

If you're in a real life situation, unless you're looking for escalation, i find it easier to to confront the statement head on for what it is and tell the person to stop, ie: "please, stop being an asshole." (Or if you need to be polite for professional reasons, whatever you think the appropriate version of "hey, don't be an asshole" happens to be. But I think that addressing the provocation, rather than the specific wording is important.) If they continue, or anyone eggs them on, then leave that group until they make it clear that the behavior won't be tolerated going forward. (This is obviously advice intended for a casual social event, rather than a "professionally advisable" one. If your career is involved these sorts of situations become more complicated, and you are the best judge of the response.)

If you're really talking about online interactions, i find the best counter-troll is to look up their tl, and to quote something ridiculous they've written recently and say something like, "the guy who just said X to me also said Y". Tag friends and allies in the post, or pm your friends, or forward the exchange to include it on a celebs timeline, or whatever; online trolls target you because they think you're isolated, if your friends show up, or even if just those who are of a similar opinion show up, they buckle like a belt...

0 Replies

Love2Love

Sun 27 May, 2018 09:08 pm
It depends on the insult, but by default the best answer to the fool is silence.

Show them some manners first though. If they persist, then it's established they're a fool.
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 11 Jul, 2021 12:56 pm
mark
Mame

Sun 11 Jul, 2021 02:55 pm
@Real Music,
Here's what I have to say to you, RealMusic -- bugger off with your stupid spamming on this site.
Real Music

Sun 11 Jul, 2021 03:10 pm
@Mame,
1. What are you talking about?

2. I went back to some old threads that interest me.

3. I place a book-mark on those threads, so I can post on them over the next few days.

4. The book-marks are for me and reminds me what threads I want to post on.

5. Maybe I could have went about it in a different way.

6. I just found this way to be the easiest.
Real Music

Sun 11 Jul, 2021 08:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
How strange. We have derailed a thread about smacking down trolls and bullies, with a pleasant talk where everyone is joking being nice to each other...

Yes, that is kind of nice to see.
0 Replies

htam9876

Fri 3 Dec, 2021 01:48 am
Rational, touchy and feely:
We encounter all kinds of people in this world, no matter in the local social community or in broader social community or in cyber ones, with all kinds of minds / thoughts / psychology / consciousness types / behaviors.
Some of them are friendly and kind – hearted and benevolent;
Some of them are apathetic;
Some of them are malicious;
Some of them are wise and rational;
Some of them are silly and stubborn;
Some of them are arrogant and extreme;
…, etc…
Sometimes other persons might do something obviously harmful to you, while he / she thought that what they did was correct. This could be considered as defect of consciousness. Of course, sometimes they might be unintentionally / occasionally.
The boring situation could be that some “ambitious” guys might plot to replace G* / Lord of creature and to CONTROL this cosmos. They might attack you and force you to agree entirely with their view and accept their limitation. Some of such guys might be powers society and then it’s about conquest and order. Some of such guys might be pure DREAMER, that kind should be mandatory closed in metal hospital and take deep treatment. Don’t underestimate the damage of such perhaps profoundly sick in the mind guy, one enough to destroy a community. Bounce…
Some guys might have obscure purposes, such as sabotage your effort, intentionally consuming your time and energy, plot to “grind you down”, etc… Such evil behaviors would also plague the community.
Not everyone in this world try to do good things. Some are pure conspirators.

When you are facing such miscellaneous disturbance, how do you deal with them?
Argue or have a row with them all day all night? Then, you just fall into their trap. Some rational guys adopt such attitude of ignorance.
Avoid trouble could be appropriate method. Treasure your time. Concentrate on doing your own meaningful things and live your normal life.
Create new achievement might be the best replay to those social scum.
All behaviors are under public review.
Making friends and have a chat might be a good thing. A bit consensus from a friend might be a bliss for you and could be considered as G*’s grant.

Thank you, guys.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 3 Dec, 2021 06:52 pm
@Real Music,
I appreciate your posts, RM, I bet deep down inside Mame does, too.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 3 Dec, 2021 06:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,

Quote:
Re: natureboi (Post 6632319)
Physically threaten them. It works wonders.

Especially if they're bigger, in a group or armed. Extra point if all three.
0 Replies