Valentine's Day!! Dead right!!

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 10:01 pm
I'm putting this in here coz it is too bizarre for any other category. I'm sure some of you would have read about it, but are still to gob-smacked to post...

Gerald Krein (pictured) manage to convince 32 other North Americans to commit suicide en-masse on Valentines Day.

http://www.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/images/20050211/Suicide_Pact_050211/160_suicide1_050211.jpg

Quote:
Krein was arraigned Thursday on a charge of solicitation to commit murder. That charge stems from one woman he contacted who apparently planned to kill her two children before she killed herself, said Capt. Chris Montenaro of the Klamath County Sheriff's Department.

Montenaro said authorities were alerted to the plan on Tuesday by a Canadian woman who was to participate in what Krein called his "suicide party. "

"When she discovered that (the killing of children) was to occur, she got uneasy," Montenaro said. After Krein's arrest, police searched his parents' home, where he lived, and seized his computer.

Montenaro said Krein had moved from Northern California -- investigators were still trying to determine from where -- and his parents had previously lived in Sacramento and its suburb of Citrus Heights. Krein was reportedly unemployed and moved to Klamath Falls to care for his father.

The Canadian woman printed conversations from a Yahoo chat room where Krein allegedly discussed the killing of children as part of the mass suicide, Montenaro said, adding that authorities are trying to locate those children.

So far, sheriff's investigators have identified several individuals who planned to travel to Klamath Falls for the mass suicide. Krein solicited as many as 32 people for the event, authorities said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 980 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 10:06 pm
Ok. That's pretty bad, but here's the big news......

Quote:

source

WTF!! 5 years of anti-social behaviour involving the Net! What is going on here!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 10:10 pm
Saw it on the news yesterday and I am amazed that so many people were involved. It makes me wonder why so many people would be willing to take their own lives, never mind the lives of their children.
I'm glad they got the guy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:49 am
Shocked
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:01 pm
As you say, Stilly, the mind-boggling thing is that he did this for five years and nobody thought there was anything strange about this sociopathic behaviour!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:12 pm
I saw the story on Friday. Ordinarily I'm big on personal privacy, but I hope that the authorities confiscated the computer and made every effort to track down the cyber-harem for some speedy reprograming.

There have always been lonely people in the world--but they have been isolated in their misery, not available as prey for false Messiahs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:16 pm
hes got one of those assymetrical faces. Cover his left side and you see a normal guy. Cover his right side and, I swear, its the f88gin prince of foogin darkness
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:30 pm
Farmer, I did that earlier, I don't feel so weird! Couldn't help myself, look at the difference.

His right side looks evil and his left side looks normal. It's hard not to notice.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 03:35 am
So we're all in agreement - it IS Gus!

He hasn't been seen around the threads lately. Coincidence??
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 03:57 am
Oh, it's Gus all right. Was there ever any doubt?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:03 am
No overalls. Had me guessing.

NOW where the hell IS the old coot?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 09:26 am
Stilly, your so silly.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 10:10 am