Marriage – how long and how’s it been?

Booman

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 04:44 pm
Heeven.......you Wimp!....Go ahead give it a shot. Since I did, everyone should suf.... enjoy it. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 04:49 pm
Hey Mr. Boo!
You have never seen a bird run so fast when things get serious. It's never gonna happen. Besides, I couldn't be that cruel. I can barely live with me, imagine making someone else do it?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 06:29 pm
Funny you should ask - it is our 8th wedding anniversary today.

Before anyone starts congratulating us, I've got to say that my wife and I are reaching the end of two of the worst years ever. Things were so bad a year ago that I don't think that we can ever rebuild the sort of trust and intimacy we had all those years ago.

I have long since given up the notion that 'If I do this or this happens then things will get better'. On the plus side, we have three lovely daughters, watching them grow up is a pleasure.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 06:57 pm
Hi back atcha Heeven.

Life has thrown me a few loops lately so I've been busy and preoccupied but I'm still around now and then.

It's good to see you too!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 07:24 pm
I really appreciate the great comments. Our 25th is coming in July. Hmmm - I bet most of you didn't know I was that old Smile
It's just great and wonderful - for sure it's give and take. The fire is still stoked and burning hot.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 09:41 pm
I don't think marriage is for everyone, and it took me two times around before I realized marriage is not for me.

I think it's wonderful if you have a good marriage, but it can be hell on earth if you don't.

Now that I've been single for 13 years, I think it's just as important (if not more so) to find happiness by yourself, before you can ever be happy "with someone" else.

Now that I'm viewing from the sidelines, what I see is this:

It takes two people, well grounded and spiritually in tune, to be happy.

It takes two people who are trusting, and who can trust that they are each the center of each others universe.

It takes complete surrender of ego, marriage is no place for it.

It takes loyalty, no matter what the price.

It takes complete unselfishness and the courage to love unconditionally.

If I ever find a partner who can be all of the above, I may consider loving again, but I don't see it happening.

.......... and that's fine with me, because I've learned to enjoy my own company, and live each day choosing to be happy, and to love life and whatever it is I'm doing, at this moment!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 10:49 pm
Misti

Wise words. Very Happy
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 11:14 pm
We've been married 21 years. Sometimes it feels like we've been married forever, other times it feels like we're still on our honeymoon, and then there's that in between time, which I experience the most often. I guess all those feelings are what make our marriage so special.
There has been passion(never quite enough of that), there has been pain(what doesn't kill the relationship, only makes it stronger), and there has been happiness(much more then not).
Over the years we've had our own personal growth which at times has been a challenge to our relationship, because along with that growth came a need for change, which required compromise from one person or the other.
We've managed to succeed in raising two great daughter's, an extension of our love for one another.
We realize that you only get out of something what you put into it, so we make a point of trying not to take one another for granted and we keep the lines of communication open.
We make a point of taking time to be a couple.
We are the opposites that attracted, but we agree on the important things.
I think we've come to the conclusion that we plan on growing old together, and that no matter what it takes we have enough love and respect for one another to make our marriage last.
Giving up is not an option.
We're friends, lovers, and life companions.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 11:24 pm
dlk

Congratulations! Sounds very positive & good! Very Happy
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 05:47 am
It's so nice to see so many happily married people and I truly envy you all.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 08:21 am
msolga,
Thank-you Smile

gezzy,
I hope some day you are able to experience that special relationship with that special someone. Smile
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 08:31 am
Thanks dlk :-) I'm sure Mr. right will come along some day :-)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 09:04 am
I will be married 36 years. I always tease my husband that if I had murdered someone, I would have only gotten 20 years, and would have been out by now!
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 10:57 am
Laughing
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 01:26 pm
First marriage:

Laughing Smile Confused Smile Smile Smile Confused Sad Sad Smile Confused Mad

Second marriage:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Smile Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Shocked
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 05:02 pm
third marraige Question :wink:
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 05:24 pm
Who knows Question Exclamation
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 04:26 pm
You're well spoken, Fbaezer. :wink: